May 2014 Moms

DH bottle help

So I am EBF and will be going back to work in late august. I have been pumping once in the morning to stock pile milk. I had my husband start giving him a bottle in the evenings and it is NOT going well. Other people have been able to give him a bottle ok, not great but ok, and I can as well. We have tried multiple types of bottles but LO screams out of control whenever DH tried to give him a bottle. It's killing me and my husband to have him keep screaming like this. We pace bottle feed, he keeps LO upright and burps him all the time while feeding him. Any suggestions? My husband works all day and I'm home right now and I'm worried that the baby is only used to me handling him. LO also doesn't do well when my husband tries to put him down at night and he's doing everything right. Just keep trying?

Re: DH bottle help

• LO is 7 weeks and is at the tail end of his 6 week growth spurt
  • Are you right next to him when he tries? LO might be refusing the bottle because he knows you're right there with a better option. Who are the other people who have been able to give a bottle? Maybe one of them could come and sit with your H to help while you go sit in another room.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Dh does prefer me to stay nearby to help but I am going to try being away. My sister and my mom have given him bottles with me nearby.
  • I agree that it might be easier if you are not in the room. Also, try to time the feed so that you're not waiting till LO is crying for it. If he can start out calm it might go better. Also, make sure your DH is relaxed while he's feeding. Have him sit in a comfy chair and tell him to take lots of deep breaths. I'm sure if LO is having a tough time and getting upset then he is too. It'll take time and practice.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • This happened to us the first few times. Inread somewhere to feed at the first signs of hunger. We heated up a bottle while LO was napping since she eats right away after napping. It also said to cuddle the baby skin to skin until they're used to it and to makes sure mom is nowhere nearby. I also had my husband watch me feed her so he could see what a good latch and swollowing motione looked like. He tried the shirt off nursing when she was calm and it worked super well.
    BabyName Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"