July 2014 Moms
Options

Hospital Bed Rest

What up, July14? I thought I should share that I am now on hospital bed rest. I am technically 33weeks4days (my ticker was counting down to my RCS) and I have a "mild" case of pre-e... which means they are watching me to make sure nothing changes too drastically and they are trying to keep the baby inside for another two weeks. My doctor seems to think I can go home to strict bed rest this weekend, but my more cynical nurse seems to think she is just trying to feed me some pie eye bs to keep me happy for now, which doesn't surprise me. My OB is very calm and soothing until the shit hits the fan, and then she kicks butt at her job. Anyway, no idea how long I am going to be here, but it's not bothering me too bad. So far I have a lot to keep me occupied plus some work I can do from my laptop for my job. (yay for still getting paid for two more weeks without having to be there in person). 

Anyway, I am taking it all in stride, I think I can keep LO in for another couple weeks. I've had two round of the steroid shots and ultrasound is measuring him at 5lbs, give or take a lb. If we can get to 35 weeks, then maybe no NICU... if earlier than that... well, maybe very little NICU. I'll keep you updated. :) And you all keep me entertained. :) 
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hospital Bed Rest

• Options
    STAY INSIDE BABY!!!! Prayers your way!

• Options
    I hope you can go home this weekend-- either way, I hope you have a fairly comfy and uneventful time on bed rest until your LO makes his grand appearance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thinking of you! Hopefully baby will stay put!!
  • Options

Listen Baby Zark...you need to chill & stay in the belly. :)

Listen Zarkarella...Tell your mild pre-e self to get it together! ;)

((hugs)) I'm so glad you updated us & are taking it as easy as you can. Bedrest is fun for like 5 seconds. Lol. It is super awesome you're getting paid though! Hang in there labor buddy.

• Options
    Sending thoughts and vibes your way!  I hope the baby decides to keep cooking a while longer!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    abundancenowabundancenow member
    edited June 2014
    Thinking of you and hoping you are able to get home if you feel you'd be more comfortable there. 
    Sending wishes that baby stays put and you keep healthy for a few more weeks. You sound like you have a really good attitude and I think that helps in situations like this. Take care!
  • Options
    Thinking of you! Stay in there, Baby Zarkarella!
  • Options
    I hope your LO stays put for a few more weeks!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    kmawbkmawb member
    Thoughts and prayers for you and LO!  Fingers crossed for another few weeks (even if it is on bedrest).
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Prayers that baby bakes a little longer!!
  • Options
    Sending thoughts your way! Hope baby decides to stay cozy for a few more weeks!
    http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Pregnancy">BabyFruit Tickerump.com/tickers/tt1900ca.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Options
    Bake a little longer, LO!
    imageimage"">

• Options
    kd0309kd0309 member
    T&Ps for you and baby!
  • Options
    Thinking of you! Stay in baby Z!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Options
    rach1285rach1285 member
    edited June 2014
    Good luck! Keep cooking Baby Z!!!

ETA punctuation
  • Options
    Stay put Baby Z!! T&Ps to you @zarkarella‌ that you stay entertained and everything goes smoothly!
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck!! No scary movies that stress you out - be calm!
  • Options
    Good luck. I was just put on bed rest as well. I am trying to look at the "silver lining" that at least this happened at the end and not like, at 25 weeks or something.  I have been on my couch for a week and am absolutely dying of boredom.  I feel ya:/

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options
    Meep! I hope you get to go home and rest there. I hope he stays put like he's supposed to!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Hang in there!
  • Options
    Thinking of you, Zarkarella! Hoping LO cooperates and stays put!

• Options
    Hope you get to go home this weekend and that baby keeps cooking so you don't have a NICU stay! I'm on modified bed rest at home so I kind of feel your pain.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good vibes going out to you.  Bed rest for me has not been fun.  I hope you find it relaxing and enjoyable.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope you feel better! Tell baby we all say he needs to stay put just a bit longer!
    image.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for that baby to keep baking!
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BFP 10/27/13---Heartbeat 11/20/13---Its a BOY, Ethan Ray 2/18/14---Possible heart defect 2/18/14---Confirmed Aortic valve abnormality 3/26/14---Scheduled delivery June30th
  • Options
    Hoping that baby stays inside longer! And that's awesome that you are able to work from the hospital for awhile!
  • Options
    Behave Gavin!! And I hope you don't go crazy, mom.

P.s.: sorry if you changed the name/I got it wrong ;)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Hope baby stays in another 2 weeks or so!  And hope you continue to enjoy bedrest. I'm sure you'll have some bored moments, but really, try to enjoy the relaxation time while you have it!  I'm so exhausted right now I kind of wish I could have some enforced bed rest!  ;)  Hope all goes well and you get to go home this weekend, keep us updated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Thinking of you!! I hope LO stays put! Looks like we need a Gif party to keep you entertained!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    Sending baby baking thoughts!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck!!! Hope baby stays put and you get plenty of work done!
  • Options
    Bake, baby, BAKE! It's not time for you to come out yet. Hoping your LO can stay put and continue to grow.
  • Options
    Wishing you the best outcome!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daniella Josephine born July 7, 2014
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Thinking of you and baby, and sending positive vibes for baby to stay put a while longer!

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• Options
    Good luck! Hope you can get some sleep inside. I know it sucked having my BP checked every 15 damn minutes, but they gotta do what they gotta do. ;)
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    Marathoning Orange is the New Black while in here may not have been the best idea. It's starting to feel like a prison.

Also, my hospital has these huge awesome rooms... And I'm not in one because they have seriously had 8-10 babies born PER DAY up in here. Someone actually had their baby in a triage room yesterday.
  • Options
    CsltdkCsltdk member
    Yay!!! Such good news! I do nst 2/weekly it's not too bad! Congrats on being home
  • Options
    Hang in there mama!   Sending prayers!
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

• Options
    I keep forgetting to update on TB. I am back in the hospital and will likely be here until delivery at 37 weeks. 2.5 weeks from now (ticker is wrong). There are lots of ups and downs and I am trying to keep my eye on the prize. Anyway, as long as tests keep coming back good (blood work daily, NSTs every 8 hours, vitals every 4 hours, 24 hour urine every few days, etc) then they keep him in. 

Doc told me today she wanted to get to 37 weeks... I have to wonder if she would want me to keep going on after that if the tests are still good, but I really don't think I could handle that. Frankly, and I know this is likely flameworthy, I want him out as soon as safely possible. This is way past just being uncomfortable and on to being tired of waiting to get worse, knowing that there is no getting better except for delivery. 

Anyway, thanks for being awesome J14... you definitely help keep my spirits up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"