July 2012 Moms
Options

Last day of daycare/gifts :(

The big move to Jersey comes in two weeks.  LO's last day with his daycare is Friday 6/27.  What should I do for the daycare workers who have taken such good care of him since he was born?  I'm all verklempt thinking of how much we will miss them!  Group card, group gift, individual gifts, something else?

Re: Last day of daycare/gifts :(

• Options
    Individual card/gift. When I worked in daycare, the best gift was a heart felt card/note. A gift card or cash never hurt ;) the parents I worked for were very demanding, so a note of thanks went a looong way with me.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I could totally do gift-cards but I don't know what to do.... Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts, maybe?  And I know cash is always nice but I don't know how much would be good to do as a farewell.  Any thoughts?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I could totally do gift-cards but I don't know what to do.... Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts, maybe?  And I know cash is always nice but I don't know how much would be good to do as a farewell.  Any thoughts?

I'd go with whatever coffee shop is closer. As for price range,$20 + if possible.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Why does a $25 gift card seem generous but $25 in cash seems cheap?  I don't know.  :-?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"