May 2014 Moms

Post partum hives???!

My baby was born on may 5th. Since then every single time I go outside into the sun I break out in hives on whatever body part was exposed ( usually arms and legs) I have to assume it had something to do with hormones as this as never happened before or even during pregnancy. Has anyone experienced this??

Re: Post partum hives???!

• Omg, I'm glad someone else experienced some sort of rashy weirdness! My baby was born may 20th, and like less than two weeks post partum I had hives for like four days. So hard getting up in the middle of the night on Benadryl!! Hope your issues resolve soon!
  • Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • EmmagkEmmagk member
    OMG I thought I was the only one! I broke out all over my arms and legs about 3 days PP and they didn't clear up for 2 weeks. I worked out that any tight fitting clothes made them worse so I started wearing maxi skirts instead of my jeans and they cleared up on my legs. Still have some around my hips. 

I broke out in an all over rash when I was 5 week pregnant too. Never had skin problems before so my body clearly has some weird reactions to pregnancy hormones. 
  • cnbeancnbean member
    I notice that my skin (especially my face) reacts to the pregnancy hormones. I have to switch face cleansers and moisturizers while pregnant and for a few months after until the hormones clear out. I haven't had hives, but I certainly notice a lot of weird things from all the hormones. Hopefully that will all clear up soon.
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"