LGBT Parenting
Options

Pregnancy Check In (June 16)

edited June 2014 in LGBT Parenting
Hey all! I am feeling very happy on this Monday morning and I hope you are as well!

Here is our current EDD roster for this check-in:
1. @redrockmama: July 11 singleton
2. @ball.and.chain July 13 boy
3. @belovedvirgo0209 July 14 girl
4. @Kleigh1: July 26 girl
5. @2mamazinseattle: Aug 20 girl
6. @flygirl1228: Aug 21 girl/boy twins
7. @Trisholio and @trisholiosboi: Sept 2 girl
8. @shelly2314: Oct 2 twins
9. @manada and @healz413: Oct 29 twins
10. @only1leia: Oct 31 singleton
11. @pauljl: Nov 2 girl
12. @byrrd: Nov 3 singleton
13. @Mazere: Nov 25 singleton
14. @rkbo: Dec 12 girl
15. @doodah1013 & @firstcomeslove2013: Dec 12 singleton
16. @RobertJane33: Jan 8 twins
17. @twobrooklynmoms: Jan 10 singleton
18. @jjlvscg: Jan 10 singleton
19. @cageymack: Jan 22 singleton

If you have a recent BFP (and/or if you are new to the board), please let me know when you want to be added to this list. I know there are a few new BFPs but I don’t want to add you until you are ready! :-) Just let me know your EDD and other info if available! :-)

So how is everyone feeling? How is pregnancy treating you and your partner this week? Any updates to share?

QOTW: We just did our announcement this weekend. How did you all announce to the world you were pregnant? Did you make a big announcement? Did you keep it small? Did you go in stages? Was it creative? Did you just use the trickle effect (tell one person and wait for it to trickle)? If you haven't announced yet, how do you plan to announce?

PIPs are always encouraged!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

Re: Pregnancy Check In (June 16)

• Options
    ManadaManada member
    Morning everyone.

Things are ticking along here. 20w5d: that much closer to our first goal of V-day. I have once again caught the dreaded pregnancy cold, which seems grossly unfair to me considering I don't leave the house and see so few people. But apparently I have the immune system of a toddler these days, so I am a magnet for every bug that floats by me. Bah! Am feeling very whiny about this one.

Our next appointment is tomorrow at the hospital, so I am looking forward to getting an update on how the cerclage is holding and how the twins are doing. Operation Get-Fat here has been mildly successful so far this week with a 1.5lb regain so far. Am trying to "feed my cold" by eating through it, but it's a bit of a struggle. Working on prioritizing proteins and healthy fats...

I ordered a super fancy lap desk last week to hopefully improve my working from home productivity. It should arrive today so I am looking forward to that at least :). It has long extendable legs so I am hoping it will clear my belly...

QOTW: Our families were following our IVF progress, so we told them oce our betas started coming back higher. We used a trickle effect for them, we told our immediate families early and allowed them to tell their siblings and close friends about 6 weeks later. Then we did a Facebook announcement with a video/slideshow at about the 12-14 week mark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    pauljlpauljl member
    @Manada I'm so glad to see you ticking your way closer to v-day with those Rockies. You and @Healz413 continue to be in my thoughts! 

20w1d here. Hard to believe we hit the halfway mark. It seems like so long ago that we found out, but at the same it feels like it's just flying by. 

It was an emotional weekend for us. My mom gave us a surprise gift. It turns out that my Grandmother, before she died, made two baby blankets. One traditional "girl" colors, and one traditional "boy" colors. My mom has been holding on to these blankets for 12 years. I immediately burst into tears- not out of sadness, but out of pure joy that my Grandmother and her talents will still touch this child and her life. Also it's hard to imagine someone loving me so much that she would go to all that trouble when I was so young. Also sadness a bit too- there are so many wonderful family members that will not get to know this baby. It makes me sad. But also happy that those people ( like my Dad) were a part of my life so that I can share stories and pictures. 

QOTW: Our family members got onesies wrapped up with a "Do not open until November '14" note on them.  We told them right away! We announced on C's birthday (about 12 weeks for us). She found a shirt she loved "I can't keep calm, my wife is having a baby!" so I gave it to her on her BD and we took photos and she got to announce it. Although many close to us knew, because we could not contain our good news. It was still fun to watch all the comments roll in. :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good morning! I'm 36w1d today.

Pregnancy update: I had an OB appointment and ultrasound on Wednesday. For moms over a certain BMI, my OB does weekly ultrasounds from 35w on, so we will get to see Mr. Baby every Wednesday until he is born. He looks perfect but is small -- 20th percentile. The ultrasound doctor made me a little nervous about that, but then my OB said that they consider anything from 10th-90% percentile "normal" and that she has no concerns about it. Therefore I have decided I am happy he is just a little peanut -- seems like it could make childbirth a little easier, and he will probably fit into all those tiny newborn clothes people bought for us! @KLeigh1, I wouldn't worry too much about measuring behind. I think that if there was any real concern, they would have done an ultrasound the same day. I was also told (by the ultrasound doc) that we would check again the next week, but it sounded like it was more to make sure he didn't get even smaller. I am assuming your baby's size was determined via external measurement, since you didn't have an ultrasound, and I'm not as familiar with that as mine was done via ultrasound -- but I know that even with an ultrasound, measurements are not 100% reliable and that is probably true for external measurements as well. And it seems like the range of what is considered normal/healthy is pretty broad, so I'm sure you're good.

Heartburn is getting worse -- the 1 Zantac 2x a day isn't really cutting it anymore. I have added Tums back in at my doctor's suggestion and that seems to be doing the trick...eventually I may have to increase my Zantac dosage. Carpal tunnel is still annoying, and swelling in my calves/feet is getting worse. For a brief hour or so this morning after waking up, I could actually see my ankles and it was awesome! But then I puffed up again. I also finally figured out how to beat 3rd tri fatigue -- get a ridiculous amount of sleep! I slept for 11 hours on Friday night and on Saturday I felt amazing. But obviously getting 11 hours a night, every night, is not too realistic. I wish! I drink a ton of water (100+ oz/day) to keep the swelling down a bit, but that also means I am up a million times a night to pee, and sometimes have a hard time falling asleep again. I think I am going to try getting more of my fluid in earlier today and stopping by 8 pm to see if that results in more uninterrupted sleep.

In baby prep news, the wallpaper in the nursery is FINALLY up! It looks adorable. Now we can put the crib together, move the dresser in, and start decorating and putting things away. That was a huge hurdle and I'm thrilled. While my dad, stepmother and wife were wallpapering, I sorted baby bath stuff, de-tagged all the wash cloths and towels and washed them, put away all of the bottles, nipples and feeding items, set up the stroller, and gathered returns. Saturday night we returned several things we had too many of and used some expiring coupons and gift cards to buy our crib mattress and a big ol' box of size 1 diapers. We felt very productive! Despite our progress, I had a little 2yo meltdown on Sunday about getting things done and feeling helpless/useless because I just can't do too much without exhausting myself...but I think it was mostly hormones. Today I am feeling more positive and organized and am looking forward to making some more baby prep progress -- I think our next tasks are to clean up registries and pack hospital bags.

QOTW: Our families (parents, close siblings) knew our whole IVF/mc story, so we told them right away but they knew at that point not to tell anyone else, get too excited, buy anything, etc. We waited until after our NT scan and then told close friends and a few extended family members. Once we got our MaterniT21 results back, we announced on FB. I think it was around 13-14 weeks.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Happy Monday Everyone!

We are 14w3d, and are due in December.  A couple of weeks ago I had a nausea break, but now it seems to be back full force.  BOOOOO!!!  I don't want to be one of those people who are sick their whole pregnancy!!  But if I am... it will be 100% worth it....  Other than feeling like garbage, my big concern is I can't seem to eat anything....  Even when I am hungry, NOTHING sounds good.  We have a MW appointment this week, hopefully they can help...

Other than that, we got to see Squints on Friday.  We found a Groupon for an Ultrasound place that will do a 15 minute, non-medical Ultrasound.  Being that we were in between appointments, and I am nervous all the time, we jumped at the chance!  The baby look great!  Lots of movement, great HB, and so nice to get to Squints looking like a person.  We hadn't had an ultrasound since 6weeks, and then it just kind of looked like a little blob.... Now Squints looks like a real live little baby.  It made everything extremely real and exciting!

We also met with a Doula this week.  We loved her.  She has experience with the "trans-experience"... she has a transgender sister, and so she said she has direct experience with understanding someone who is not comfortable in their body... and we discussed how that might come up A LOT during labor, and how she would like to help talk us through gender "triggers" before birth...  She is going to help us labor at home for as long as we can before going to the hospital.  She said she does this with all of her clients, but it will be specifically helpful in our situation to help us feel more at ease and relaxed, in our own environment.  So... we made an official decision, and A and I are very happy to have her on our birth team! 

Other than that, after 14 days straight of work, I finally had a day off yesterday!  That was nice, but I could use at least 3 more.  Tomorrow I get to sleep in and work late, and then I am off all next weekend (except for a few hours on Sunday).  I am seriously wondering if I am sick because of exhaustion...  Trying to sleep as much as possible, but Orange is the New Black is not going to watch itself!

QOTD:  We told our good friends @Healz413 and @manada pretty immediately... then I was in such a daze I accidentally updated my facebook status about having a "Squinter" and how exciting it was... so then my sister saw that and asked me about it.  Luckily, she caught it in time for me to take it down pretty immediately.  Then we told 2 of our good friends in Columbus sometime that week.  We didn't tell our parents until we had good beta returns.  The we SLOWLY told our closest friends and family.  And then at 14w1d we put it on Facebook!  It sure is fun to watch all the love and support fly in!  We feel really blessed to have so much love in our lives :)

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    I will be 29 weeks tomorrow.  I am thinking I look more and more pregnant because people are starting to ask how much longer I have, when I tell them they tell  me how bad they feel for me. haha!  I think its mostly because I am going to be my biggest during the hottest time of the summer.  So far I don't feel too massive, but I def move slower than I used too.  By the end of the day I notice that I waddle more and it takes me a few tries to get up sometimes.  But I feel okay, just the usual tiredness.  I am accepting I am going to be tired for many years to come :-)

My wife and I are having lots of fun watching my belly move and grow.  We used to lay in bed each night and feel the baby kick, now I lay on the couch and we watch my belly move around, it is pretty cool!

QOTD:  My family  and a few close friends knew of our ttc journey.  Since my sister had just told the family around Thanksgiving she was pregnant it was hard to contain our excitement when we found out a couple of days before Christmas of our pregnancy, so our family right away.  We stink at keeping secrets and told people here and there.  We announced on facebook at 10 weeks, mainly because we wanted to be the ones to announce it and my family (mother) was having a hard time keeping her mouth shut.  We made a fun slide show and posted it on facebook.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    Still not ready to officially join the board until after ultrasound on 30th, but wanted to share the pip of how I told my family. I gave each of them a Grammy/Aunt card attached with a pacifier. I put them in gift bags with blue and pink confetti/grass packing stuff.

We are currently 5w2days and scared/excited.

Wanted my mom to know before she came to spend 3 weeks with us (in case she took it bad...but did not! ).

So I told them on my sisters bday/Father's Day just before I left myrtle beach with them.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi all! Great to read all the updates!

30w5d today - 65 days to go to EDD 8/20 (but who's counting?) :P

I've been struggling a little bit - as expected I guess in the 3rd tri. Thanks to the check-in at yoga, I've watched people transition to 3rd tri since January, which has been helpful to not make me feel like I'm alone in feeling, well, worse. Second tri truly is a honeymoon! I miss it!

I'm definitely more tired and just moving slower. I'm feeling some BH contractions I think for the first time! That's been interesting. I had my first leg cramps, which felt like a wild animal was tearing flesh off my bones -dear god. But, so far it's only happened twice, and I've added calf stretches to my before-bed routine and haven't had them since. Otherwise I'm just lethargic, lacking stamina and motivation and...well, just not 'me.' J says it feels like first tri again - I'm just not 100% myself.

Additionally, I'm super struggling with my food and the GD. Like first tri, I'm craving carbs which are just not doable with GD (well, small portions of high fiber/healthy carbs balanced with protein/fat are)...but that bowl of cereal, slice of pizza, potato, scone... not going to serve me or Simone. To the point that at times, nothing sounds good and anything I want is a no-no so I skip meals. THAT is not good... so today I bucked up and and just decided food = medicine for Simone, and whether I want to eat an effing 1/2 apple with almonds or not, I'm eating it. Period. I will say it's proving to be a lot more work than I'd like to be doing, and it's really hard to feel restricted or like you're on a "diet" when you're pregnant! I can still eat a lot of carbs, just not at one time. On the upside, last night we figured out a way to have Thai food (I had chicken skewers and a few small fried (fat to balance the carbs) mini spring rolls. It was delicious and my blood sugars were totally legal!! Though, super weird to eat Asian food with no rice! WTF?!

In other news, I did have some major productive developments on the nursery and baby prep front. I inventoried, organized and labeled all the clothes we've been given or acquired by age/size - that was very satisfying! I also re-arranged the nursery and got the exact armoire I wanted off of Craigslist, along with a small corner bookcase, for a good price. We are small-space living here, so making it all work has been a bit of a chore but it's done! Now, we just need to put up the decorations/trinkets, and finish off a few more touches and I will share photos!

Otherwise, I'm just watching the days go by and looking forward to the fact that life is busy in the summer so that is good. We have our next appointment on Thursday, and I'm excited for the growth scan to see if she's down from the 90th percentile based on my GD efforts with eating and insulin shots. Here's hoping. We also meet with our favorite doc, and I'll touch base with the GD nurse as well. Then - and I'm still shocked by this - I start going 2 times a week for the last 8 weeks of pregnancy! One visit is an NST test only; the other is an u/s, NST and doc or NP visit. Every. Week. Seems like overkill but it is what it is. Childbirth ed classes continue and are fun. We met another couple (straight) who used a sperm donor via IUI after three years of trying and spending $100K, turned out it was (undiagnosable) hostile sperm...which a $3K IUI cycle would have given them a baby years ago. How frustrating for them! They were super nice and since we have a double-donor baby growing, they seemed excited to connect with people who 'got it' (i.e., gave up their own genetics).

QOTW: Well, after a 16w loss we were super gun-shy to share publicly on FB and didn't do so until 20w - at which time we knew it was a girl, so we did a photo with a girly pair of shoes in one hand, and a pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream in the other hand...plus my belly, as I was showing pretty good by then.  However, so many of our friends and family were along for the ride, we were really open with them from positive pee test onward. I imagine @ball.and.chain got a text of a pic of the first pee test, along with our sisters/moms, before it was dry. But, having had a loss and a c/p, everyone knew to keep cool about it. We were fairly free in telling people as we came upon them, but everyone knew about our loss, since that one we did post at what felt like a 'safe'13w on FB, so people were supportive and sensitive (and excited, which was a nice distraction from my paralyzing fear of loss). Plus, I showed WAY sooner this time, it was obvious sooner for sure...and I was WAY sicker too.

One funny though - J swears to god she told her employees at her shop early on. I went in there around 17w or 18w, belly obvious, and her "gaggle of girls' was working (she has these 4 young women who all work Saturday mornings - one is a mom to a 2-yr old) - and they all were screeching and "oh-my-god"ing because apparently, she hadn't told them at all! Just the managers, who are both dudes had known, and didn't say anything. LOL.

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    We are doing well. 24w5d here and our little girls are definitely much more active. If I could just get a hold on the cough/indigestion issue that would be great (I would love to stop peeing on myself constantly. Paying for pads is getting expensive LOL)

QOTW: We just did our announcement this weekend. How did you all announce to the world you were pregnant? Did you make a big announcement? Did you keep it small? Did you go in stages? Was it creative? Did you just use the trickle effect (tell one person and wait for it to trickle)? If you haven't announced yet, how do you plan to announce? We told people one on one (family mostly and then our framily) then (several weeks later) we put an announcement made by one of my really good friends on fb for the rest of the world LOL---it's not official until is is on facebook.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options
    redrockmamaredrockmama member
    edited June 2014
    I'm checking in super late, it's been a crazy 24ish hours. Graphic info ahead and kind of scary...

We're 36w3d, almost to 37 woo hoo!

I had been spotting since the transvaginal u/s last Monday. Talked to the on-call OB who said since it was dark brown, it was fine. Then I woke up Saturday morning at about 7 am with a small bleed, definitely bright red and quite a bit of blood. We called our midwife and headed to the hospital. They monitored me for a couple of hours and ran some tests and we went home around 12:30. 

I continued to spot Saturday and Sunday, which they said was fine. Last night I went to bed and woke up around 1 am to go to the bathroom. It's kind of funny because I stood up and thought I lost all control of my bladder and felt liquid running down my leg. I got to the bathroom and discovered a vast amount of blood and freaked out. It just kept coming. I called to J and tried to clean myself up a bit and we rushed to the hospital, and I've been here since. The bleeding stopped shortly after we got here, but they are keeping me here to monitor and observe me for a few days. @manada bed rest is no fun, you are a strong woman! 

To make things worse, my boss is being a jerk and won't let me work remotely, and sent me a pretty cold email this morning. So, time off I could have spent with my baby is being spent bored out of my mind at the hospital. I'm beyond frustrated and feeling overwhelmed with emotions and the desire to find another job asap. I just can't fathom leaving my newborn at home to work for such a heartless person and organization. 

Sorry for the long and crazy story. We're not sure what the plan is yet, I guess we'll talk to an OB in the morning and try to talk them into letting us leave. We live less than 10 min from the hospital. 

QOTW: We told immediate friends and family the day or  a few days after we found out. We slowly told some other folks over the next few weeks. We told my stepmom and dad right before her surgery to remove a tumor and I'm so glad we did, because she was never the same after the surgery. We did a FB announcement sometime in December, I can't remember how far along we were. Here's the photo we used to announce. 

ETA, the photo won't attach, I might try later

• Options
    @redrockmama‌ OMG! Is everything okay? What was the cause? I am assuming because you are posting all is well. Take care of yourself!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Yeah , everything is okay for now. We are having a c-section on Friday morning. Excited to meet Bubbles but am still processing that all of this is happening and so soon. 

• Options
    edited June 2014

Yeah , everything is okay for now. We are having a c-section on Friday morning. Excited to meet Bubbles but am still processing that all of this is happening and so soon. 
    OMG!  I am excited for you but also freaked out by the fact that this will put me first on the list!  I know you envisioned a totally different birth but I am glad you and Bubbles are being taken care of.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    Thanks everyone! We are all excited to meet our little one, I will post pics for sure. 

• Options
    We go for our first prenatal visit tomorrow at 8am, and we are both so nervous/anxious/excited... We are praying that everything is as it should be in there!

Re: QOTW - we are telling people in stages at this point, and I most likely won't go Facebook public until after little one is here (seriously!)... My wife isn't on FB, so there's no temptation there for her. Whether we will do more of a mass announcement to extended family/friends/acquaintances as things get closer to our due date, we're not sure at this point.

IUI #1 - November 2013 - BFN
    ICI #1 (home) - May 2014 - BFP!! Beta #1 - 5/30 - 164; Beta #2 - 6/6 - 4794!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'd love to be added!  My wife and I are expecting b/g twins October 22nd!  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"