Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Growth spurt or could it be teething?!

So my LO is 12 weeks old today. He has been waking up from naps and night time sleep screaming last night and today. He is not content unless he is sucking for the most part, nursing a lot and hard to soothe. Normally he eats every 2-2.5 hours and is a great nighttime time sleeper and an okay napper.

I know it's around growth spurt time but the screaming and constant fist in mouth or needing a paci (which we hardly use) is making me wonder. He sucks on his hands occasionally but literally if he's awake the whole hand is in his mouth.

Any tips for a FTM?

Re: Growth spurt or could it be teething?!

• Options
    flclflcl member
    Sorry you're going through a tough time with your LO... we've hit a rough patch with our guy too.  Have things eased up?  12 weeks is huge with growth spurts and development of milestones.  You little guy may just be trying to figure things out.  I thought for sure that my guy was going through the 4 month sleep regression this week but now I'm not sure if it was teething or not (fist in mouth, drooling, but no tooth).  Babies sure can be confusing!  Having a baby has forced me to let go of my type A tendencies and just roll with things.  I feed him on demand, wear him a lot (esp when he's upset... first we take a walk outside and then I try to get something done in the house), and I avoid making any plans that have to be set in stone.  I find that the more flexible I am, whenever we accomplish anything, whether it's a household chore, meeting up with friends, etc... helps me to not be stressed and LO and I can have a good time.  GL!!
  • Options
    I am trying to roll with things too each day...thanks for your reply! He is doing better, just thinking it was growth spurt related and well eating so much means not sleeping much and then that overtired window kicks in. I say that as he has been napping for 2 hours now. Every day is a new adventure! ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"