Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

gDiapers or Not?

Arwen78Arwen78 member
edited June 2014 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
I'm in my 7th month of pregnancy but have started looking into what kind of diapers I want use. I've been reading all about the hybrid type diapers and loved the idea behind gDiapers. I would love to stay as Eco-Friendly as I can but don't want the cost of diapering my baby eat me out of house and home.

I like the idea of being able to do a cross between a disposable and cloth diper with the gDiaper, also willing to deal with the high cost at the start. What I would like to know is if any of you gDiaper users have good tips on helping keep the price down while using them?

Re: gDiapers or Not?

• Options
    fraseyfrasey member
    I know a few people who love gDiapers, and some who hate them. It depends on you and your baby. I also recommend a sampler pack where you can try out different brands and styles to see what you like best. And yeah - disposable inserts are great temporarily if you're travelling or something, but not something Id do long term bc of the cost. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    fraseyfrasey member
    I know a few people who love gDiapers, and some who hate them. It depends on you and your baby. I also recommend a sampler pack where you can try out different brands and styles to see what you like best. And yeah - disposable inserts are great temporarily if you're travelling or something, but not something Id do long term bc of the cost. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby is 4 weeks old now and we've been using gDiapers for the past 2 weeks. She was born too big for the newborn sized ones, so we were stuck using normal disposable diapers for a while. If we had bought the newborn size, I'd be pissed, but they were a gift.

The gDiapers work great and look good. The weather's been really warm, so we don't bother dressing her, and they're nice enough that it gives the look of being dressed without wearing a onesie. However, we're using the disposable inserts and they're A. bulkier than regular disposable diapers and B. slightly more expensive. With a subscription of 320 inserts per month from Amazon, plus a 4-pack of Burt's Bees wipes, we're looking at $99/month. If we had gone with a similar subscription from Honest Company, it would cost $80/month, and those are also biodegradable. So once she outgrows her current gDiapers, we're switching to Honest Company.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"