March 2012 Moms

I know Im paranoid but..

LO has had a low grade fever for over 3 wks. First the dr thought it was a virus, then a cold on top of the virus and after our 3rd visit today he sent us off for labs to test her white cell count (leukimia screen essentially). So of course, me being a first time mom-Im terrified. She is acting normal, no odd bruises or anything but she does get sick it seems more often than most kids -though she is also in our gym daycare daily. She has also been grabbing at her crouch on and off so Im hoping its a UTI or something "easier".

Has anyone else experienced this?

I should hear results of her lab work tomorrow.
Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!

Re: I know Im paranoid but..

• I have no experienced this but I'm really hoping it is just a UTI or something.

I always got sick easily and I wasn't in daycare so some kids just are prone to that. I finally outgrew it a couple years ago and I'm 28. lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• No experience, but I'm hoping it is not serious!
  • Loading the player...
  • No experience but I want to send hugs your way. I would be stressed also. Stay strong and let us know if you just need to talk or vent. Fingers crossed it's just a UTI or something small.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys, still waiting on labs. This odd fever has been going on way too long-shes acting totally normal -though with this disease lg fever can be the only symptom. So stressed. Her labs were totally normal 10 months ago when she had to stay in the hospital, so hoping thats a good sign that its not serious.
  • Thanks guys, still waiting on labs. This odd fever has been going on way too long-shes acting totally normal -though with this disease lg fever can be the only symptom. So stressed. Her labs were totally normal 10 months ago when she had to stay in the hospital, so hoping thats a good sign that its not serious.
    Update? Still praying for your family.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I'd be stressed too! Fx it's not something serious. ((Hugs))
  • Her CBC and metabolic panel are totally normal-thank God. But she still has this lg fever on and off throughout the day! My friends son who is the same age is going through the same thing and his labs are off. Its awful. 

Sure is hard being a mama.

If things dont settle down within the next week Ill ask for an ID dr. Still waiting on her urinalysis
  • I am glad her labs came back normal, but sorry you don't have anymore answers. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good for you for being willing to seek out another doctor if she doesn't improve.
    I am sorry your friend and her son are gong through the same thing but that his labs aren't coming back well. Has your dd and this little boy been around each other? Are their symptoms the same? If so that sounds like maybe there might be more to that? Idk. Good luck!
  • Glad to hear you got normal labs. Hopefully they will figure out the issue soon!
  • Sending you love and prayers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Thanks guys. No my dd hasnt been around her friend for many months, so its def not related to each other. Ill be giving it a few more days and will go from there. Ugh! Such a helpless feeling, but at least she is acting normal.
  • How frustrating. :( Hope you get an answer soon!
  • Well back to dr tomorrow, fever hit 103 tonight-she seemed fine for a few days. Im so stressed over this but suppose it is very good her cbc was normal
  • Ugh @Lesleyjking‌! We'll be praying for you.
  • So sorry that the fever is that high and not going away! I hope you get some answers or possibly a referral to a doctor that can give you answers. You and LO are in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Keep us posted!!
  • Thanks guys, Im really starting to freak out. I read its not good for the trend in persistant fevers to increase. I  made an appt to see the dr again and he was out so I saw his partner who also chalked it up to a virus. I sure hope he is right but I feel like he isnt, its all just too odd. He wanted to wait it out a wk, and I called him to let him know Im not okay with waiting. So he just re ordered the same labs with 2 additional tacked on. Im also getting a 2nd opinion with another ped tomorrow.

My friend is a PICU nurse, and agrees-this is off. She did say its good the cbc is clear however, but also stumped. 

This is stressing me out to pieces.
  • Okay, so I wasn't just paranoid. K strikes a fever over 103 for several days, took her back to ped and her WBC was low so they sent us to the ER. She ended up being admitted as all her WBC were low at that point, including the one that keeps the immune system up. They wanted to rule out cancer, and thank God she is okay. After 2 nights and 3 horrible days at the hospital, having to pin her down for countless blood draws, X-rays etc we are home and she is normal. Her fever ended up leaving and she got a bad rash. They said likely it was two back to back viruses with the 2nd being a bad one-I think it was roseola. It was good we went though as I likely would of gotten her back out in the public once her fever broke, but at that point her labs were still super low so it could of opened her up to getting a bad bacteria. Awful experience, glad its over. Mamas-trust your instincts!
  • Oh wow! I'm so glad she is okay now and it something treatable. What an ordeal! Poor baby. And mama. :(

• Wow, so glad she is ok! That sounds like an awful ordeal though. Hope you are all recovering. Thanks for the update, I've been thinking about you!
  • Oh my goodness! I am so glad you got answers and that she is on the mend, but I am sorry she (and you) had to go through all that. Good job though at trusting your gut, and not just settling. I am so relieved that cancer was ruled out. Please keep us updated! I hope everything from here is smooth sailing for you!
  • Holy crap! That's so scary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"