December 2016 Moms

Symptoms- December version

Re: Symptoms- December version

• So I officially feel like a giant leper. A couple of weeks ago I had thrush all over my body. Yesterday my alt. midwife said I have some sort of bacterial infection, so I'm on an antibiotic now for that. And today I paid a visit to my dentist because my tongue is swollen and has been bothering me - chronic oral thrush. I know that our hormones can contribute to a lot of this, but it just makes me feel dirty!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @ajstevenson oh no! That sounds awful!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Christinaruth74 it's more irritating than anything. They haven't given me a treatment yet because the usual mouth rinse is a class C. So we're just patiently waiting for my OB office to call back, and they are horrible at phone communications.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Oh man @ajstevenson that does sound awful. 
    I'm pretty sure I have an ear infection, but am going to be on antibiotics as of tomorrow anyways. So I am just letting my body try and fight it off until tomorrow. 
    Plus I've been taking a shot of apple cider vinegar most days, that really seems to help when I remember! It's like this amazing cure-all. I'm not sure if it would help with thrush... google time! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @ajstevenson I hope you get some relief soon! I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable!
  • Thanks ladies! I asked my dentist about oil pulling with coconut oil. he said that might soothe it and give me some relief but wouldn't treat it at this point. he also said the antibiotic that I'm on for my other infection can cause the thrush to flare up even more. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• I'm so itchy. It was a little Sunday and since I have dry skin I didn't really think about it and yesterday it wasn't so bad. Tonight it's awful, my hands and feet itch!!! I need to call my doctor in the morning and see if we can figure out what's going on. I don't wanna itch and I want baby to be okay. ( He's been moving plenty today)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @ErikandAfton definitely call! They ran some blood work on me due to itchy hands and feet and it mostly came back normal apart from one abnormal liver enzyme reading. Now I'm on meds and wkly NSTs. The itchiness has been intense, though! I was up most of the night with these stupid itchy feet. Wah. 
  • Last night baby floated up and now I'm contracting like crazy trying to get her back in the right spot. Annoying. Though I am glad to have a way better grasp on positioning contractions vs labor contractions this time... or at least I think I do... but then again, every time I try to understand pregnancy...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • My legs have been slowly swelling, all the way up to my thighs. It was off and on, but now appears to be here for good. I mentioned it to the nurse, and the doc said it was not normal to have swelling past the knees, so that resulted in my first trip to L&D to run a few tests! I also have pain in my thighs, but the ultrasound showed blood flow was normal (doc was worried about a clot).

BP was also a little high, but being there stressed me out so I think that contributed some.

All ended well, but these swollen legs are killing me- i can barely get my pants on because I can't bend my legs!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Extreme irritability...not sure if it is changing hormones or lack of sleep (prob a combo) but good grief I don't even want to be around myself I'm so cranky. I feel like it's a major case of PMS that has been building up since BFP. 
  • I have crazy restless legs. Like the minute I lay in bed. What causes that? Why is it so bad when you're preggers? Sucks.
  • @SmashJam Ugg, yes! I've had it basically every night for at least a month or two. Even just relaxing on the couch it starts. I do laps around the house before bed to "reset" and hope I fall asleep fast enough before it gets too bad. 
  • @SmashJam I have hubby massage my legs when it get unbearable, it helps!
  • @SmashJam @tinattt23 @LandJ13 I've been having issues with restless legs for months now. Back in first or second trimester, my midwife suggested "Natural Calm" for the magnesium. I hate how it tastes but I have to admit it helps. For a while I was getting loose stools from it so I've backed down to every other day. Then recently a different midwife at the same practice suggested epsom salt baths every night before bed and a good stretching session. When I can fit it all in, it really does help--but I'm not always willing to get out from under the covers to stretch when I've forgotten to do it beforehand! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for all those suggestions about restless leg help guys! I'm going to try the walks around and try and con the hubs into massages! I mentioned magnesium to one of the midwives and she was weird about it...even though I also have constipation from iron supplements. I may bring it back up tomorrow at the doc, although I have only a week ish left at best so maybe I'll just suck it up!
  • I asked my OB about magnesium a couple months ago and she ok-ed it. I took it (the liquid kind) for maybe 3 weeks with no change.  :'( It tasted gross so I stopped since it didn't appear to do anything. Hopefully others can have better luck!
  • Add me to the RLS club. The past few nights I've been noticing that while I'm sitting/ laying on the couch, my legs get this tingling sensation and a strong urge to stretch them out/re-position them. I've never had rls before so i attributed it to just the baby rolling around on my nerves weird, but then I googled it and that's def it. How annoying.. idk how some of you ladies have dealt with this for months! Its feel like my legs are anxious, if that makes sense? It's such a weird sensation! 
  • Postpartum problem: I need to poop, but can't push that hard because of c-section recovery. I've been taking stool softeners like crazy, eating tons of fruit and vegetables. I have a date with miralax tomorrow.

I've been feeling a little feverish on and off for the last day, but have been checking and don't have a fever. But I keep getting achy, sensitive skin, cold shakes, and headaches. I got my TDaP immunization Friday when I checked out, and I'm wondering if that's what is giving me these crappy symptoms. 

• @yellingbanana I felt like I needed to poop since 24 hours PP but it took until 4 days for my body to allow it out...tough without being able to push real hard. My poop is still playing hard to get! I am dreading when my body finally realizes how much stool softener I've taken, it won't be pretty! I also bought prune juice yesterday  (yuk!). 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @yellingbanana and @sourlemon if you can find it, pear juice is more effective and tastes better (IMO) than prune juice. I had issues after surgery a couple of years ago and that's what did the trick for me.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @sourlemon  I have had constipation issues my whole pregnancy and I have been drinking prune juice, but I cut it with another type of juice, sometimes apple, sometimes an apple something, sometimes a berry juice made by Juicy Juice.  The flavor is still a bit icky, but better than straight prune juice.

• My MW just let me know my blood work showed I'm fairly anemic... boo! Both low iron and low B12. Now how I've been feeling makes sense. I'm on ridiculous amounts of supplements right now trying to get it up before birth. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• @maamawaabangi you've got this! Sorry for the less-than-great news, though. Hopefully some rest and supplementing will have you feeling a little more energized and prepared
  • @yellingbanana So you're saying I would probably do best not to skip the laxative on my postpartum bathroom basket? Also, CONGRATS! YOU POOPED! :smiley:
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Lol, Miralax is definitely your friend. Make sure whatever laxative you use, run by your doctor first. There are some that aren't recommended for pp use.
    And thanks! I'm pretty proud, I'm like a potty training 2 year old! Lol 

• Speaking of pooping, I read somewhere that it's smart to start either taking more fiber or laxatives like a week or 2 before going into labor to help with that pp poop. Have you all heard this? I heard most laxatives aren't ok during pregnancy though, so I'm wondering if Metamucil is really the only safe option. 

Also, I'm sure someone has posted about this, but my vagina just aches extremely bad. Like a constant ache. Is this a good labor sign? My baby's head has been engaged for the last 5?weeks, so it isn't from her dropping suddenly. But it is really painful low in the front of my pelvis when I walk. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SaraRose83 I used benefiber my whole pregnancy. It's just fiber, not a laxative. 

I actually use it almost every day of my life since college. 1 really bad 2 year long struggle with hemeroids was enough for me. 

• @sourlemon if I was having a c section maybe. Labor cleans you out anyway - the last thing I'd want is to mess with trying to poop more just before...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • ^ to what slarty said. I feel like my body has been going through a cleansing ritual for the past 5 days. 

This morning has been fun. Woke up very stuffy and felt like I needed to cough up phelm. My body said, naw, we got you. And then I spent 5 minutes on my hands and knees in the shower throwing up. Fun times.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @ajstevenson ugh that's the worst. Sorry, love❤️ Even with the Zofran I still have my moments...puking is never fun, but once you're this far along it's like, seriously? Just insult to injury. Hope you're feeling better!

re laxatives: I've started taking a probiotic supplement. Only 1/4 of the recommended daily dose, but it's been helping a bit for sure! 
  • @Christinaruth74 it does! they've kept me in my antinausea cocktail the entire pregnancy. there are still days where it does jack-sh*t for me. I used to absolutely hate vomiting and would tear up every time. Now there are days where I just pray I throw up to give myself a little nausea relief.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @slartybartfast true. I didn't "prep" any before my first labor because my body did a great job on its own. And I really don't think anything before hand helps that first postpartum poo...it just sucks no matter what. Especially if you are in opioid pain pills like I am/was. 

• @ajstevenson ugh ya same here.. Except I still typically tear up haha I'm a baby though and HATE puking.  Luckily we will be feeling somewhat normal again soon! 
  • My daily cal/mag does a great job of keeping things naturally regular. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Alright, I have a new one... Occasionally, I get a cramp in my upper leg. Kinda like a fast Charley Horse... I'll just be sitting here minding my own business when bam, upper leg is tight and then 3 seconds later all better...

I wonder if this stubborn child is hitting a nerve?
    EQD born 12/15!