Adoption

Adoption Books for Kids

Hello! Longtime lurker here with a question.

My manager adopted a baby through foster care in January. It's not finalized, yet, but the mom told her she wanted her to adopt the baby and it seems to be going down that path.

We're having a shower for her in a week and a half. The invitation said that the family is putting together a collection of adoption books for the baby.

So...what books about adoption do you recommend for children?

Re: Adoption Books for Kids

• We like: God Found Us You, Little Miss Spider, Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born (probably not a good one for foster care, it's about APs picking the baby up at the hospital), A Mother for Choco. DD loves reading these together.
    I became a mother because of adoption. She is the absolute love of my life. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker formerly known as sw_in_kc
  • Actually, it's through the foster system @orangecupcake, but this is the first and only foster family and they did actually pick her up at the hospital when she was three days old. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • In that case, it might be a good choice too :)
    I became a mother because of adoption. She is the absolute love of my life. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker formerly known as sw_in_kc
  • Thank you @Fredalina!

Oh, and and the baby's parents are together, but not married and they have other kids. Decided they couldn't afford another. So if there are any other books that would apply in that situation, let me know.
  • I Wished For You, and not really AR, but I was struck by the sentiment in I Will Keep You Safe and Sound
  • The already mentioned- I Wished for You is my favorite!  We also created our own story through a shutterfly book as well.
  • We like: God Found Us You, Little Miss Spider, Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born (probably not a good one for foster care, it's about APs picking the baby up at the hospital), A Mother for Choco. DD loves reading these together.
    This was the exact list I was going to suggest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"