Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sleep post :/

My LO is 6 months and is having a hard time falling a sleep for the night. I usually feed her and then rock her till she is drifting off and then set her in the bassinet to which she will promptly be wide awake and start to cry. i lay down beside it and play with her hair, hold her hand, etc.. and she cries on and off until finally drifiting off to sleep after about 45 min! And the cries are more like screams and then silence for a few minutes while she plays with her pacifier and then scream and repeat. If i am not there to comfort her/where she can see me then she will just scream and cry with no end. She takes plenty of naps during the day. Usually a nap every 2 hrs or so and they can range anywhere from 30 mins to an hr and half. (Usually one is long and the rest are 30 min). Does anyone else have this happening? Any advice?

Re: Sleep post :/

• Options
    This is happening here. I'll be following this. Interested to read what others say.
  • Options
    Same here, my LO used to be so good at going to sleep at night and at naps. But since she is about 6 mo she started having harder time. For LO at night I play longer in bed before putting her down and that seems to have help. She used to go to bed by 7:30, now it's about 8 or 8:30. But naps are different. Sometimes just putting her in bed would prompt her to cry or she would wake up screaming crying 10 min into the nap. Weird thing is, when she stops crying, she goes right back to sleep, she never wakes up. I dont know if babies this young can have nightmares.... but that is what it feels like the way she wakes up screaming.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First time to this board but thought I'd chime in, my daughter is a little over 6 months and the sane exact thing is happening here, she goes to sleep I lay her down she pops up and is wide awake, and hour later do it all again, she is still getting up to eat 3 times a night, we play musical beds, she's in bed with me, then I'm on the couch with her, then she does in her bassinet then she's on me! She started crawling and cut a tooth last week so I'm just going with its a phase doing the best I can and hoping this too shall pass. Good luck and hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"