Minnesota Babies
Options

Doctor Recommendations

Hi ladies - 

I am looking for an OB Clinic recommendation.

I currently go to John Haugen and really like my doctor.  However, I've had a lot of problems lately with getting appointments scheduled, getting calls back in a timely manner, and extremely long wait times when I do come in to see a doctor.  They are a good clinic but maybe they are just too popular.  

Do any of you go to a practice (either OB or family medicine) where that has not been your experience?  Somewhere that your calls are returned quickly and you are able to get in for an appointment quickly, don't have to wait an extra 45 min - 1 hour past your scheduled appointment, and don't feel rushed when you come in?

I would love to hear any recommendations!

Re: Doctor Recommendations

• Options

I've been happy with the Riverside Women's Clinic.  I've seen all of the midwives and a few of the OBs for both prenatal/delivery/postpartum care and I also saw the midwives for regular checkups before I was pregnant

https://www.fairview.org/Clinics/Riverside/S_034349

The midwives tended to run more on-time than the OBs.  But most of my dealings with the OBs were when I was admitted rather than in-clinic, so I guess I can't really speak about scheduling/appt with the OBs. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use Park Nicollet Maple Grove Womens Services and love them!! They are always timely and I can usually get an appt within a few days!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Health Partner's Woodbury OB was great for both PG's - in the rare event that my OB wasn't available they always had a MW or another OB that was able to see me that day if I had a need pre or post.  Calls were always returned quickly, and now they've got an u/s available in-house (used to be that you had to go to SP to have these)...  I believe they deliver at Regions and St. John's... 

That said - it'd help if you could say what part of the cities you want to stay in or hospital you hope to deliver in order to get the best rec's...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I am located in Golden Valley, so western suburbs are most convenient.
  • Options
    Diamond Women's Center in Edina
  • Options
    CKLecyCKLecy member
    OGI in Maple Grove - also have an office in Edina.  Never, ever have to wait longer than 10 min, front desk is fabulous and know you by name.  All of the doctors/ nurse practitioners, ect are wonderful.  24 hour nurse line - which unfortunetly we had to use during our infertility.  They can work you in w/in 24 hrs if needed (and have for us a few times!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"