Breastfeeding

Husband introducing bottle tomorrow- any tips/advice?

I was told by our pediatrician to leave the house, so I am planning on that. Any advice from those of you who have already done this is greatly appreciated!!

Re: Husband introducing bottle tomorrow- any tips/advice?

• farmrosefarmrose member
    edited May 2014
    Patience. It took a few tries for our LO top really get the hang of it. Try not to get discouraged if the first go doesn't go well. We had to switch to a different nipple, so don't give up if the first bottle choice doesn't work. It's a new skill and does take some effort on LO's part.

Edit-posted too soon.
  • jenn43jenn43 member
    We introduced a bottle at 1 week (I went back to work at 2 weeks), and we made sure to use a low flow nipple- LO did best with the Dr. Brown's bottle with the newborn nipple.  It still took him a couple weeks to get really good at drinking from a bottle.  We just made sure his latch was good on the bottle, and it hasn't seemed to affect his breast feeding.

• Loading the player...
  • I bf'd for a minute or 2 to take the edge off and we also put milk on the outside of the bottle nipple as we made the switch. Milk was very warm and it worked well for us! Make sure he does a paced feeding so that baby doesn't gulp it all down too fast. Even the slow flow can go very quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"