January 2015 Moms
Options

Are you kidding me?

For the past year I have been trying to lose weight, but have stayed at the same weight no matter what I try. I decided to weight myself this morning, expecting to have gone up a pound or two...I lost a pound? Are you kidding? That is just ridiculous.

Re: Are you kidding me?

• Options
    You are very busy on a cellular level, makes the metabolusm go.... :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rmpar29rmpar29 member
    I am the same way while pregnant.  I'm definitely not eating as well as I was, but I've lost a pound too.  Your metabolism picks up while pregnant.  If you are a "fluffy" gal, some weight loss is OK according to my OB (but always check with your own doctor). If you are average, or underweight, the weight loss is probably discouraged and you should eat more to compensate. 
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    I lost 5lbs my first preg because ms was so bad.... But not to worry.... I gained back those 5... And 45 on top of that lol

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
  • Options
    ktkoalaktkoala member
    I'm down about 2 pounds since we found out. My midwives have a pretty strict diet and shockingly, I have been following it pretty closely. Luckily, I havent had the cravings kick in yet, but I'm sure once the desire for ice cream kicks in, I'm sure things will change!
  • Options
    so far i'm holding steady.  if my appetite stays dead like it has been the past week though, i might lose a pound or two before i start gaining.  i'm a little overweight anyway and i know weight gain isn't necessary in the 1T, so if i don't gain at all in the 1T i'll be happy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    ZoebotZoebot member
    I've been "trying" (more like wanting, but I know I haven't put in enough effort) to maintain, and yet I've gained ten. HealthyGoalFail :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Sia2128Sia2128 member
    @ktkoala  would you be willing to share your midwife's diet plan?  I am in the process of collecting different nutritional plans to figure out the best eating plan for myself. I am interested in the information. TIA

Me: 29 H:29

Married: 12/31/2010

DD: 2 years old

Baby # 2 EDD 1/29/15

• Options
    ktkoala said:

I'm down about 2 pounds since we found out. My midwives have a pretty strict diet and shockingly, I have been following it pretty closely. Luckily, I havent had the cravings kick in yet, but I'm sure once the desire for ice cream kicks in, I'm sure things will change!

Your midwives put you on a diet? I'd be interested in hearing more about that.
  • Options
    ktkoalaktkoala member
    @Sia2128, @Latham12 - Maybe diet was the wrong word, but they have strong nutritional guidelines and expect everyone to stick to them, regardless of starting weight. They can sometimes get a bad rep in the area for their adherence to nutrition and exercise, but it works for me and I think it is healthy for me and baby. Giving up all refined sugar has been a little tough (esp when I read about the cupcakes in the FFFC thread!), but so far I have done pretty well.

Here is a link: https://www.gwdocs.com/midwifery-services/nutritional-guidelines
  • Options
    UberBizUberBiz member
    I think I have been eating less, and I've GAINED 2 pounds :(
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    On a somewhat related note. . .I gained about 30lbs since our wedding last year.  Would it be unhealthy to try and lose some of that post-wedding weight while pregnant?  I'm about 5 weeks right now.

Sorry if the question is silly or stupid.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ZoebotZoebot member
    On a somewhat related note. . .I gained about 30lbs since our wedding last year.  Would it be unhealthy to try and lose some of that post-wedding weight while pregnant?  I'm about 5 weeks right now.

Sorry if the question is silly or stupid.

I'm in the same boat of having gained unwanted/unneeded weight over the last two years (so currently overweight).  I can't imagine it would be easy (let alone a good idea) to try to lose weight right now, but maintaining is okay (and obvs check with your doc on what they'd recommend).

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ktkoalaktkoala member
    infinity092813, that is a great question that the internet seems to be divided on. On one hand, I am eating plenty of food and feel full, but cutting out added sugar has probably decreased my calorie consumption. That said, I have read a website or two that say its bad to lose weight while your pregnant because the toxins in the fat cells or something. I honestly don't know, but I would be interested to hear others opinions.
  • Options
    Sia2128Sia2128 member
    @ktkoala Thanks for the link! I figured that you meant eating plan/guidelines rather than a calorie restricting diet! :)

Me: 29 H:29

Married: 12/31/2010

DD: 2 years old

Baby # 2 EDD 1/29/15

• Options
    storm08storm08 member
    I lost 15 lbs during first tri with B. I gained it back and another 10 by the time I delivered. My doctor wasn't super concerned, but she did give me a milkshake prescription :)

I'm down about 3 lbs now with ms really starting to hit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"