Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    To contribute my own - I'm not wearing underwear. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ducktale said:

I thought Anchorman was stupid, and not funny.

I can't currently think of a Will Ferrell movie that I did like.

Stranger than Fiction and Elf.

True, I did like those.

I do think he's a funny person, I just don't like the rolls he plays.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    As far as the work stuff goes, I am currently eating fruit, watching RuPaul's Drag Race, and on The Bump during work hours.  I work 11-8 (except Wed, when I work 12-5 since I work Sat AM) but my boss has made it clear that if everything is caught up then my time is my own.  I work from home and am responsible for handling all incoming calls as well as any situations that arise during my work hours, but I also check and answer emails outside of work hours and tend to start early and stay late frequently as well.

It's a tough balance- there are days when it is so busy I can't take a bathroom break for hours straight, then other days (like today) are quiet and make up for that craziness.

I've worked at a day care though as the leader in the infant room, and spending 10 plus hours a day taking care of 4 or 5 infants on my own was incredibly tough.  I totally agree with @oursecretelopement that the grass is greener on the other side.

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Options
    @oursecretelopement, Well done.  I love the flexibility of working from home but like you mentioned above it's not a situation where you are done working at a certain time and can leave the office and shut the door on that part of your life.  I got a nasty work email on Wed AM and read it at 5am so I went to the gym in a funk and had to think through my response (everything worked out really well but it was a long time thinking over the situation before I emailed back and fixed the issue).

Long term I would love to work part time from home and part time in an office.  I really miss the social interaction.  My H works about 25 minutes from our house so he can't stop home often, plus we are a one car family, so I miss lunches with my work friends and running out during daytime hours to get things done.

DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Options
    Mei&MeiMei&Mei member
    I frickin' love butter, but it would never have occurred to me to slather it on a poptart. Is this good? Im intrigued...
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This sounds gross. And I love butter.
    imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I confess that I'm still angry and bitter about the whole bridesmaid situation I complained about in my last 2WW post.  Except my anger is escalating - badly.  Someone please talk me down.

Background: my close friend (C's best friend of 20 years) is excluding us from the bridal party.  Apparently it's because we're not Lutheran church members - at least that's what she's saying.  But there's a tiny seed in my mind that's sprouting and growing alarmingly quickly that's telling me we're not included because we're homosekshooals and it would upset her future in-laws' sensibilities.  There's no way she would ever admit that to us.  However, I have never in my life heard of not being able to stand as a bridesmaid because you don't share the religion of the bride.  Well, okay, except Mormons and maybe other religions that are exclusive and secretive.

It sucks because I think she's lying to us about it.  I wish she'd just be honest.  Any Lutherans on here who want to speak up I'd appreciate it.

And man, I was going to give her the biggest blow-out dream bachelorette party ever.  I was going to take her to the one nice restaurant we have in Indiana: St. Elmo's Steakhouse.  I was going to hire an Abe Lincoln impersonator to read the Gettysburg address (inside joke).  I was going to take her clubbing afterwards.  I was going to get her a sash, a tiara, a goofy veil, and a t-shirt for people to sign.  I was going to make her queen for a night.

But seriously, fuck all that.  If this is how she's treating her friendship with Chrissy, FUCK IT.  I'm not doing any of it.  Let her little bigot bitch matron of honor do all the work.  If she wants ONE person standing by her side - a nasty, condescending, wicked holy-rolling Bible thumper who holds so much shit over her head - fine.  It's all on her now.  She can manage and I'm wiping my hands of this.

UGH I am so ANGRY!!!!  Maybe it's just PMS.  I need to calm down.  GOD DAMMIT now I'm tearing up again... I can't wait until this day is over.

ETA: Um, sorry for the downer post.  I had to get that out somewhere.

• Options
    I'm sorry @wishiwaspreggo... I think you have every right to be hurt on C's behalf!  It sounds like this friend is too lame to stick up for y'all against her future in laws, in which case maybe she isn't that great of a friend.  In any case, it's clearly her loss because anyone who misses a chance to have Honest Abe read the Gettysburg Address at her bachelorette party is totally missing out!!  ((hugs))

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    PuppyLove84PuppyLove84 member
    edited May 2014
    RinnyBee said:
    I may or may not be looking on google images for pictures of buttered poptarts, but all I see are home made ones.  I'm hungry now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYm0WQf_sNI

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    not to fuel your anger @wishiwaspreggo - but I was raised Lutheran and never heard about any homosexual exclusion policies of the faith. (full disclosure, I have not researched the doctrine much or have ever seen this issue tested directly) 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo‌ I'm so sorry, that's unbelievably shitty. I'm not Lutheran, but I was a bridesmaid in a Lutheran wedding once, they did not have a problem with it. That's an awful friend.
    imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Fffc: I kept telling h that he wasn't really that sick. Last night when he was shivering and waking me up every hour, I thought he was faking for sympathy. I was actually very annoyed. Until I made him take his temp and it was 103.5

I'm a bad wife
    Aug15 Signature Challenge- Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV- Santana
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

Married my Best Friend 8/02/13
    DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm sorry @wishIwaspreggo that is really shitty
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I'm so sorry. As far as I know, Lutheran is a more tolerant/diverse population than many others. Honestly the whole situation makes no sense. Sounds like she's just reacting to pressure from her asshat fiance/in-laws/parents/whoever not to include Teh Gayz in her ceremony. That is garbage and I would expect someone who is truly my friend to support me publicly in that situation. If anyone had taken issue with my friend (who is gay) being in my wedding I would have handed them their torn out asshole on a bed of the hearts of my enemies. This chick is not worth your or C's time. 
    I'm a fuckin' T-Rex.

• Options
    I agree with @katnhiding-- I was initially impressed that the OP in that thread went from crazy to reigning it in and listening.  Granted that was thrown in my face when she went BSC again but when someone makes a mistake then sees they are wrong and changes course that's a good thing.

If a newbie makes a bad first impression then is able to adapt and become a part of the community that's a good thing in my book.

• Options
    lizabethc said:
    I agree with @katnhiding-- I was initially impressed that the OP in that thread went from crazy to reigning it in and listening.  Granted that was thrown in my face when she went BSC again but when someone makes a mistake then sees they are wrong and changes course that's a good thing.

If a newbie makes a bad first impression then is able to adapt and become a part of the community that's a good thing in my book.
    I do agree with this. That whole thread was just very, very strange, that's all.
    Word.  I was keeping up as it happened and it still confused the hell out of me.

This whole week has been weird though.  The lack of a 3 day wait has brought out a lot of crazies.

• Options
    I've been staring at @slappalicious siggy and am really curious what the spinning lady means...and I'm kinda worried what it means if I see her spinning counterclockwise.  Is it a trick?  Can you see her spinning both directions?  I keep staring at it trying to figure it out.
  • Options
    I've been staring at @slappalicious siggy and am really curious what the spinning lady means...and I'm kinda worried what it means if I see her spinning counterclockwise.  Is it a trick?  Can you see her spinning both directions?  I keep staring at it trying to figure it out.
    Are you right handed or left handed?  If you're right handed, try closing your right (dominant side) eye and blink your left eye several times (or look off of the image).  She'll start spinning in the other direction.  @mayaruth81
    This isn't working - I can only see her going clockwise 
  • Options
    apparently we are all broken
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:
    Are you right handed or left handed?  If you're right handed, try closing your right (dominant side) eye and blink your left eye several times (or look off of the image).  She'll start spinning in the other direction.  @mayaruth81
    Am I broken?  I only see her spinning in one direction...
    I feel broken, too.  I'm sitting at work with my right I closed and trying to get it to spin the other way.  

Now I'm trying "Camera 1" "Camera 2" from Wayne's World to see if it'll work. 
    BRB after I scroll up...
  • Options
    It went clockwise for 10 seconds, now it's back to counter.  Very cool :)
  • Options
    /whines I can't do it.

I think it's because I am right handed but my right eye is way worse than my left eye so my left eye is technically my dominant eye even though I'm right handed.  I also see her spinning counter clockwise naturally so all ya'll that see her going clockwise automatically are weird.

Or I'm broken.  Probably that.

• Options
    I STILL CAN"T DO IT EITHER.... I covered my right eye, looked away for a full minute while imaging her spinning counter clockwise and the big non-siggy image and she still is going clockwise!! you guise I am still broken...

• Options
    I tried both eyes, and can't make her spin in the other direction.

This is legit bugging me.

This makes me feel like the visual model of the world my brain is making me see does not accurately reflect reality now... maybe I am living in a virtual world that does not reflect what is actually there!! 
  • Options
    beepitybeepity member

I am on team DO NOT BUTTER THE POPTART - but I also tend to eat my poptarts in a very specific way (1. eat the non frosted edges around the whole poptart, 2. separate the frosted part from the bottom - if you do this right, most of the jelly insides will be divided between the two halves, 3. eat the bottom, 4. eat the frosted top - saving the best for last) so I might just be weird. 

This is THE ONLY correct way to eat a pop tart. Buttered or not.
    Married 2006
    Surprise BFP Feb 2008 MC at 6w2d

TTC since May 2014       
    BFP! 10/28/14       EDD 7/5/15

BabyFetus Ticker http://ugc.theknot.com/3452225-original.gif

• Options
    I've spent way too long trying to make that girl spin the other way.
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Options
    I've spent way too long trying to make that girl spin the other way.

This - I think I've just accepted that my brain is not nearly as strong as I thought it was.
  • Options
    kath16kath16 member
    I'm so glad I'm not alone on this whole spinning girl situation. I was staring at her for way too long earlier and now I'm back to obsessing. SPIN THE OTHER WAY

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
    BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"