November 2014 Moms
Options

Bump Envy

Is anyone else having major bump envy over all of the beautiful bumps on HDBD??? I'll be 16 weeks on Sunday and am really not showing. I know everyone has a different body type and everyone grows differently, but it's making me a little crazy. It feels like everyone else on Nov14 has a beautiful bump but me :( Anyone else suffering from a bump complex???
BabyFetus Ticker
EDD 11.16.14 :)

Re: Bump Envy

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LilwatzLilwatz member
    edited May 2014
    AeandJb said:
    I already had a pregnant looking belly so I don't even know when I'll get a bump. I had to deal with "You're pregnant!" Even after me telling everyone no, for years. Finally my go to response was, "Nope, just fat." That shuts them up quick. Nobody has said anything since I actaully became pregnant. Maybe if they look at my boobs, they would notice.
    I used to get that all the time (before I lost 90 lbs then gained back 50...) and responded the same way--definitely shuts them up.  I am so excited for someone to ask me now that I actually am!  Although I bet now it won't happen!  :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I too have a belly unfortunately it isn't from the baby yet. I think there is a mini bump in there somewhere. I do want a cute bump. also hope to look pregnant and not just fat!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Lilwatz said:

I'm pretty sure my bump is ginormous for a FTM at 17 weeks. Having said that I am legitimately not sure if it is a bump or a potbelly. I've had the latter before and it looked super similar.  :(

I just embrace it and hold my belly lovingly in public so people know I'm not just overweight. :D

This is me!
    Kaitlyn - born November 7, 2014
  • Options

I too am the opposite.  I look about 20 wks along, but I'm only 16 wks.  I'm looking forward to having an actual baby bump instead of a fat bump.

• Options
    DVGirlDVGirl member
    I'm 16 weeks FTM and still able to hide my mini bump at work wearing semi-loose shirts. Can't wait for the baby bump to become round and obvious.
  • Options
    mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited May 2014
    Lilwatz said:
    I'm pretty sure my bump is ginormous for a FTM at 17 weeks. Having said that I am legitimately not sure if it is a bump or a potbelly. I've had the latter before and it looked super similar.  :(

I just embrace it and hold my belly lovingly in public so people know I'm not just overweight. :D
    This is how I feel at 15 weeks! I had already gained a decent chunk of weight in the 6 months prior to getting pregnant, but this bump or whatever it is is ridiculous! I know some of it is bloat because it's bigger as the day goes on, but it's starting out a lot bigger in the morning than it did a couple weeks ago. Luckily I wear scrubs for work and can hide it fairly well right now.

Edited: changed days to weeks
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    I am. With my first pregnancy I embraced all the changes sooo well. I loved it and took weekly pictures starting from 8 weeks. this one, I haven't really taken any pictures. Only posted in HDBD I think once. I just don't feel cute and don't want to show off my bump until it actually looks like a cute bump!
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options
    Don't worry ladies...the bumps will pop out for you soon (even though the wait can be SO SLOW) :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is me!
    Me too, in the past 2 or so weeks people are all like "omg you popped out of nowhere" and when I tell them how far along I am I can see from their looks that some were surprised. I'm a thin small-boned person so I just keep telling everyone that I don't think there was anywhere for the bump to go but out :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nuffin' here yet, either! I'm only just now hitting 14 weeks, but I'm still in all my regular clothes. I'm sure it'll be any day now, though!
    Nov' 14 April Siggy Challenge- Baby Animals 
    BFP: 3/25/14, EDD: 11/29/14. The bean is a GIRL!
    PUPPEEZ! image

BabyFruit Ticker 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FTM, 17 weeks tomorrow, and I'm not sure if people at this point think I'm carrying extra weight or a baby. But in the past week I've definitely popped! I finally hit up Pea in the Pod Tuesday and getting to wear the test bump and see what it will be/look like has made me SO eager to have enough of a bump that it's unquestionably all baby. OP, fingers crossed you get your bump soon!
  • Options
    I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and I feel like I have really popped! I finally feel and look pregnant. I am also very short with no torso. So, I figured I would show sooner than most:)
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks-I have a small bump, but not much and if someone doesn't know that I'm pregnant, they probably just think I'm getting fat.  I can't wait to have an actual obvious pregnancy bump.

• Options
    I am over weight already so who knows when I will show. My stomach is filling in more and my boobs have went up a cup size. I will be milking this real soon though. Heehee
  • Options
    AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    I noticed a picture my DH took on his phone and just had a "I'm getting fat freak out". I'm 5'6" and have a suuuuper short waist. Hoping the blump turns to bump soon-
    Seriously I thought I had a "bump" until I saw that picture :(
  • Options
    takmjstakmjs member
    As a FTM, I left school to go on bedrest at 24 weeks, and my students didn't know I was pregnant. Now during my 2nd pg, I am showing a tiny bit and so excited to be showing earlier. I'm pretty tall (5'9") and have a long torso, so I'm hoping to look pregnant before 24 weeks this time.
  • Options
    My bump is only noticeable to me, and DH. But he doesn't count because 10 weeks ago, he decided I was showing. And I was, I had a big ol' Bloat Baby. I am okay with not showing for the moment, but I am needing to get some proper pants because I am officially out of jeans. All I have is black slacks (for work) and dresses, so I am sure it won't be long before other people notice too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This week I finally decided to stop squeezing into my pre-bump work pants, but don't have maternity work clothes yet so I've been wearing the one wrap dress and one stretchy skirt that still fit. Day one: My boss says "you're really pregnant! Wow look at that!" Day two: My boss says "cute skirt--it really shows off your baby belly!" Day Three: "WOW you're really showing! Do you realize you're almost halfway there?"
    Gee, no, I haven't really been keeping track of the time. Thanks for reminding me!
    I've definitely started showing more the past week or so, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it is my preexisting "fluff". I would tell the boss that's what it is, but I'm sure it would make her uncomfortable and then she'd make it worse by trying to make it better....
  • Options
    ccamccam member

It will come eventually, trust me.  And then towards the end, you will be wondering "how can this thing get any bigger?!".

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    I am 16 weeks and am starting to have a defined bump. However, I am kinda opposite in that I was so excited to get a bump, but now that I am starting to show I am feeling very self-conscious about it. Does anyone else feel this way?
    Pregnancy Tickerimageimage
  • Options

I know how you feel...but I am happy to not have a bump yet! I'm 14 weeks tomorrow & people ask me if I'm really pregnant all the time!! All of my clothes fit & I've even lost a few pounds from a really nasty cold a month or so ago that I haven't gained back.

However, I would like to keep it this way until 17 weeks exactly. My wedding has been planned for June 21st before the BFP, so I'm hoping & praying that my dress will be okay!!! 3 weeks to not show, then bring it on!! ;)  

• Options
    I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow, this is my second and I don't look prego. I'm on the plus size so I figure it will tree ale longer :/ but I am totally getting jealous of everyone else with a bump lol
  • Options
    mtusnowmtusnow member
    ...yup the comment I got today was:
    Friend: "How far along are you?" 
    Me: "17 weeks."
    Friend: "I thought when you're thin like you are you were supposed to show earlier. You've got such a little bump."

Then people go on to say that I'm going to have a small baby and I tell them, "umm, I was 2 wks early and 9.5lbs, my sister was 1 wk early and 10lbs, my husband was 9+ lbs, and my sister's little girl was born more average weight but then became a little chunker like my sister and I, and she is now wearing 5T clothes and she'll be 3 next month"
  • Options
    I'll be 17 weeks on Monday, and I'm definitely growing and have a blump/food baby, but not really showing much yet, and I'm still in my regular clothes. I want that cute, round bump, preferably without getting too much larger everywhere else!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I still don't have a bump, I have had a bit of extra weight around my waist since before the pregnancy so I just look and feel like all I'm doing is gaining weight now. I can feel a little bump just above my pubic bone but not enough for anyone to tell. I have wide hips and a bit of a longer torso, I have a feeling I may not show until 20+ weeks. Just keep telling myself to enjoy it now! 
  • Options
    missymaye said:

I am 16 weeks and am starting to have a defined bump. However, I am kinda opposite in that I was so excited to get a bump, but now that I am starting to show I am feeling very self-conscious about it. Does anyone else feel this way?

I totally feel this way! My bump is definitely there, but I kinda want my abs back. I also don't feel like it's a "cute bump," it looks lumpy and weird to me. Supposedly I will fall in love with the bump when it really "pops" but right now it just is not my thing.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    missymaye said:

Yes I weirdly feel the same way! I just feel fat and my family keeps saying that I'm not fat, I'm pregnant. But I feel like to others I look fat.... Idk. But yes I feel the same way!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    I also don't have a noticeable bump and I am jealous of all you little skinny ladies with your tiny belly bumps! I already had a gut, and I even had a stranger ask me when I was due months before I was even pregnant. So I imagine I won't look any different in that area for a long while. My sister also has a gut and she never really looked pregnant with her daughter. I keep hoping for something noticeable, but I don't think it will happen. I am 16 weeks 5 days and I have lost 10 pounds so far and all my jeans still fit comfortably. I probably won't be needing maternity clothes any time soon. 

TTC #1 since November 2008

3 MC: #1 at 8wks (blighted ovum) opted for D&C, #2 at 6wks natural, #3 at 12wks (no heartbeat) opted for D&C.
    EDD 11/11/2014..... Heard a heartbeat for the very first time at 8w2d and I couldn't be more excited!!! The fact that this LO has a heartbeat gives me hope that I may get to be a mother after all!!
  • Options
    Lilwatz said:

That is how I feel!!! My pants were tight a few weeks ago and then BAM! Baby busted his way out!!! I hold and rub so people know it is a baby, not too much ice cream :)

• Options
    I look sooooi much more pregnant with this one. With dd I was showing but my bump was so high up!!! This one is soooo low!!!! It is literally sitting on my bladder. I "popped" out this week. The first pic is about 15 weeks in the yellow. The second is me two days ago. It's like all of the sudden my uterus was like "yep, we are pregnant. Welcome to getting big!" But the last is showed lo was measuring 2 weeks ahead!!! Meaning another big baby for this momma(dd was 8lbs)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"