July 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

...because I don't want to wait (and you don't want me to hold out until it's really Friday).  Also, I'm pregnant, I do what I want!!

A couple days ago, in one of my horribly whining awful childish/emotional days, I said that I can't wait to have my body back to it being *MINE*.  I'm sick of getting randomly vag punched and/or rib kicked.  Especially at the same time.  The fact that this happens inside my body, at the same time that I get it from outside my body (our foster dog is not good with personal space) is too much when exhaustion and hormones kick in.

In response to this, DH has decided that I should be sent on vacation right after giving birth.  To someplace warm and beachlike.  Alone.  At first I was like, "fuck you, I have housed this monster for 9 months, I should get to enjoy squishing it" but now I think I may agree with wanting some pure "me time".  MotY?!

Also, I had sushi for dinner last night...  ...and breakfast this morning.

Re: FFFC

• Options
    alyssa719 said:
    ...because I don't want to wait (and you don't want me to hold out until it's really Friday).  Also, I'm pregnant, I do what I want!!

A couple days ago, in one of my horribly whining awful childish/emotional days, I said that I can't wait to have my body back to it being *MINE*.  I'm sick of getting randomly vag punched and/or rib kicked.  Especially at the same time.  The fact that this happens inside my body, at the same time that I get it from outside my body (our foster dog is not good with personal space) is too much when exhaustion and hormones kick in.

In response to this, DH has decided that I should be sent on vacation right after giving birth.  To someplace warm and beachlike.  Alone.  At first I was like, "fuck you, I have housed this monster for 9 months, I should get to enjoy squishing it" but now I think I may agree with wanting some pure "me time".  MotY?!

Also, I had sushi for dinner last night...  ...and breakfast this morning.
    I could totally handle doing that for like a day or two. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure he said a week or two... I feel like he thinks I need major "decompression" time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tourqeyes‌ I do this regularly, DH no longer finds it odd that I do this. I showered after DS went down for nap yesterday then climbed into bed to watch tv and only got dressed because DH came home and DS woke up.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    avacek1avacek1 member
    I need a break from DH. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy to death, but he is driving me crazy. He has been super busy at work and brings the stress home with him. He has also become obsessed with saving money to pay off debt. I'm tired of hearing about bad days at work, how stressed he is and eating leftovers! I need a few days away ASAP.

• Options
    Skeemer said:

If today is FFFC what the crap are we supposed to do around here tomorrow?

ETA: Unless today is actually FFTC. Which I would totally approve of.

We'll just make one long ass FFFC thread. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:
    I'm really annoyed that I'm on my second kid and no one has developed an iPhone app with a wand for ultrasounds. I know one exists (I've searched my ass off) but it's not available to the masses. 

Come on people! At this rate, I'm going to have to wait until my grandkids are gestating. 
    OMG... can you imagine how much more pregnant women's personal space/life will be invaded when those ARE available to the masses. Every single time they see their MIL they will be subject to an ultrasound.
    If my MiL tried that, I would punch her.  I'll wait until this happens and then also make that a FFFC.
  • Options
    JayBzoJayBzo member
    Skeemer said:

FFFC Part 2? Or "Friday's Random Comments: Entertain Me B*tches"

• Options
    I was never one to understand the fuss over what dr does delivery. That was, until today, when we started to discuss possible induction dates and it turns out the ob that delivered DS doesn't work on dates I was considering. Now I am one of those peole who care. Great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm addicted to the smell of our cats' food. It's a fancy one with all natural ingredients because the pets eat better than I do.
    I took over feeding the cats under the pretense of wanting to be useful when actually it's just so I can sniff it. I purposefully don't put a lot in their bowls so I can fill it up more often and I don't care how weird that is.

I'm also keeping a (clean!) damp washcloth in the freezer so I can take it out and gnaw because I have a wisdom tooth coming in and it's that or kill someone. The in-laws took one look at me chewing on it and just shrugged, clearly I've lost the ability to shock them. I won't lie, I'm a little disappointed by that.
  • Options
    Big+Lil said:
    I cried yesterday because my dog won the Dog of the Day award at doggie day care for being a friend to all. There are many, many FFTCs in that sentence.

They have Dog of the Day awards???? I want to take my dogs to daycare just for this. I love it.
    My dogs would never win these awards, but me too!

• Options
    bunny0711 said:
    Skeemer said:

Tomorrow's a new day with new confessions. I have a hunch most of us are feeling pretty saucy lately. 
    I'm taking my toddler to a dive bar tonight 
    @ghostof5letters - name that movie: "you have a baby...at a bar!"
    Come on...Sweet Home Alabama. 

Reese is one of our name choices for 2.0 but I'm still on fence

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I am secretly hoping I go into labor after my pedicure next Friday. (I'll be 36wks) Reflexology FTW. 

And if I don't... I'm getting another one two weeks later and hoping for the same thing.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    Danipg said:
    I agree with the birthing plan FFTC because I also watched two of my SIL's have rigid plans and both had to have emergency C-Sections and they had a hard time coping with the fact that they did not get the birth they wanted for a few months after they're LO's were born.

So I guess my FFTC would be that I don't understand the emphasis put on the kind of birth you (general you) have to the point where it seems to overtake the importance of having a healthy baby-is the birth not about the baby? To me, I will do whatever I have to to make sure I just have a healthy baby even if it isn't ideally what I would like to do (I mostly don't want an emergency C-Section). 

I do want to add the disclaimer that I do not think having a rigid birth plan = not wanting what is best for baby, that is not what I mean at all.
    I didn't go into it last time with a birth plan, except for the basic questionnaire the Drs' office made me fill out (no I don't want an enema, yes, I do want drugs, etc...).  All I cared about was getting DS out the best way for both of us.  I ended up with an unplanned c-section and still had trouble after with the fact that I didn't (to me) feel like I actually labored or did anything to get him into my arms.  Some of it may have been PPD related.  

It didn't last long and I certainly don't feel that way now, but I don't think going into it with the idea of "do whatever is necessary to get baby here healthy" means you won't have issues after the fact with how your LO will come.  Most people still expect to have a vaginal birth (unless discussed prior with your doctor and you already know you have medical reasons not to), so wrapping your head around something totally different from expectations can still be challenging to cope with after the fact.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"