Babies on the Brain
Options

2nd Month of TTC. Already Stressing.

Hi Everyone! 

For the months leading up our starting to TTC I poured over the posts here to get as much information as I could. So although I've been reading your posts for quite some time, this is my first post so, hello!

Last cycle was our first attempt and although I had been tracking my periods & ovulations we wanted to take a more lax approach and only make love when we truly felt the passion. All the days leading up to my expected period date I was SURE I was pregnant. My boobs were sore, I felt cramping, I was just hyper sensitive to everything going on with my body. My period was even 4 days late which never happens and then I get a BFN in the morning and AF came in the afternoon. 

This cycle we made our attempts based on when I was ovulating, used preseed and were overall more calculated about it (while still keeping it romantic of course!). Same thing is happening this month, I am sure I am pregnant. I am uber-sensitive to everything that happens in my body. I keep telling myself that there is no possible way I would be having any symptoms even if I were pregnant but I guess one can't help but be hopeful. 

My question to those who have already been through this is, will it be like this every month I am TTC? I don't think this cycle I can wait to miss my period, it's too long to go without knowing. What would be the earliest I should test and what test should I use?

Thank you so much for listening and any help you offer. I am excited to join this community!

Re: 2nd Month of TTC. Already Stressing.

• Options
    I completely agree with CallMeShoes! You've likely always had the "symptoms" leading up to your time of month, you just weren't nearly as aware of them! Keep in mind one of the biggest reasons your body will hold off on starting your cycle, or could start your cycle early is stress! You may not think your stressing yourself out, but your body is registering it as anxiety, which can be good stress or bad stress. I have been pregnant before, we were expecting triplets, but I didn't have ANY known symptoms until I was six weeks along. It really depends on how fast your HCG level rises as that's what will cause you to have symptoms. I wouldn't test until one day post your menstraul being due. Even then I've read that some woman still get negatives as their HCG levels didn't rise enough. They wait three days, test again and get a positive. When we conceived we had finally stopped "using OPK's and from the day my period stopped we had sex every other night and a couple of mornings that we were "feeling it". Hope you get your BFP soon, but in the meantime just enjoy!!
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for all the information and responses! I definitely need to stop obsessing. On my free time I am looking at all things pregnancy & baby related. I can't imagine spending a whole year like this so I guess I'll be up-ing my gym & yoga time. 

I am 32yo, never been pregnant and tracking using the clearblue digital fertility tests in conjunction with pink pad app. My luteal phase is 13 days. My two older sisters get pregnant if a guy looks at them with sultry eyes so I guess I was expecting to be just as fertile. 

I'll take the advise and keep busy and test after my missed period (or maybe a few days before ;). I will keep you guys posted. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Haha Nicb13! I know! I am such a control freak in every aspect of my life and I think the TTC part is teaching me some early lessons in parenting as well. I checked out fertilityfriend and it looks like an awesome tool. I'll just try to take it easy this and next week until AF is due. If I test and it's a BFN I'll start recording my basal temp and using fertilityfriend. Thanks so much for the suggestions!
  • Options
    annibesannibes member
    I was pregnant on the 2nd month trying for DS and never saw the bfp coming. We are 40+ cycles in, trying for our second (no, that's not a typo) and have had every symptom possible. After about 2 years I stopped being so gullible to my body's tricks. I hope it happens fast for you!
  • Options
    I have been pregnant twice. The first time it took 4 months. The 2nd time it happened the first month. I can definitely say the months I wasn't pregnant I had myself convinced I was having every symptom in the book. The months I did end up pregnant I had NOTHING. Not one symptom and it stayed that way until I was at least 6+ weeks. 
    It's a hard thing to do, but you need to relax. You may also have an underlying problem that you don't know about and making yourself batty will only make it worse, 
    Also I recommend getting a bunch of cheap ovulation tests. Both pregnancies when I switched to using OPKs I got pregnant on the first try. 

• Options
    I was trying for 7 months before I fell pregnant, I too was fretting that there was something wrong etc.. I got to the point that I thought it wasnt ever going to happen and bam im now 6 weeks pregnant, I think sometimes we stress to much just relax have fun and let nature takes its course two months is not long at all :) xx
  • Options
    I got pregnant the cycle I was SURE my LP was too short to get pregnant on my own.  The 4 previous cycles, I had all the symptoms.  Month of, nada.  (I did get a rash under my wedding ring, though.)

Take up a new hobby (I crocheted and quilted - I live on the wild side.)  Get the absolute cheapest OPKs and HPTs you can, so peeing on a stick is cheap.  It's frustrating, but dwelling on it is counterproductive.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Options

I had to laugh at this post, because it reminded me so much of my own mindset when trying to get pregnant. My husband and I agreed we would put off trying to get the pregnant the first year we were married, and would revisit it the second year. I wanted to get pregnant like, yesterday, but I agreed to put it off because I wanted him to feel 100% ready and not like he was pushed into it.

Well, a month after our wedding he surprised me by saying we could go off BC, but with the caveat that we were just going to let things happen and I wasn't going to be consumed with maximizing my fertility and boning on a timetable for the purposes of getting pregnant instead of enjoying sex. I said, sure, it's a deal, and then went to Walgreens the next day and bought a thermometer, fish oil, and checked out every getting pregnant book the library had. What can I say, I like to maximize my chances when I want something.

Anyways, despite the fact that in the 15 years between my first period and that first month TTC, I had NEVER had a four week cycle, and the fact that generally when I went off birth control (which I'd been on and off BC probably about 5-10 times since starting at age 16-  I only ever went on it when I had a steady partner, and occasionally switched to non hormonal BC sometimes) my period would take 6-7 weeks to appear, I still remained convinced that entire cycle that I was pregnant. When I had cramps two weeks after going off BC, I was like, ovulation cramps! When my period didn't come four weeks after going off the pill (I got my period immediately upon stopping the pill) I took a pregnancy test, which was negative, because I hadn't even ovulated yet, I would learn later. I took at least one pregnancy test a week until 7 weeks after my off-BC induced period, when my first real period came. Which given my history, is exactly what I should have expected. Yet I wanted it so bad, I absolutely convinced myself I would miraculously have a 4 week cycle and get pregnant right away. It's easy to get obsessive about it when you want it so badly. But googling early pregnancy symptoms is such a set up for disappointment- who isn't fatigued, crampy, emotional, etc. at times?

• Options
    Haha this is so me. It is hard not to think hey I will just magically get pregnant my first time...everyone else is!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 4.4.14
    BFP #1: (unknown dpo) 12.1.14 (CP ended 12.11.15)
    BFP #2: 9dpo (on clomid 50mg 3-7) 4.9.15  di+di twins due December 21, 2015

• Options
    I remember envisioning this magical, romantic, and sexy/fertile moment when DH told me he was ready to TTC. He's known I've had the baby rabies for years! We're in cycle 3 WTO and each set of two weeks seems like ages. Where's my magical flying ute!?
    </snark>
    Me: 33 | Him: 44 | Married: 9.2012 | Two cats | N + 1 bicycles
    TTC: 4.2014 | Snark | Word Nerd | Gamer Geek

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"