August 2014 Moms
Options

Glucose test and yellow #6

2»

Re: Glucose test and yellow #6

• Options
    RunningJ said:
    stoofewok said:
    @FrodaBaggins - That's awesome that you passed! Trust me, I have not been a goody-two-shoes either. I've been eating my fair share of non-Paleo splurges. Prior to being KU, I was at least 95% Paleo or better each week. I'd say I've hovered at 80% during pregnancy. Wonder if there are more of us out there? I'd love to do a Paleo mama check-in post pregnancy!
    I was not strict Paleo but definitely Paleo-inspired/directed diet. I'd be interested in a post pregnancy check in!
    @RunningJ, @stoofewok, @triumphgrrrl, let's definitely do a post pregnancy check in. Going back to paleo is a big part of my "lose the baby weight" plan! When I first went on it back in September 2011, I changed NOTHING about how I exercised and by December I had lost 20 pounds effortlessly. :)
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BeedeckBeedeck member
    stoofewok said:
    @RunningJ, @stoofewok, @triumphgrrrl, let's definitely do a post pregnancy check in. Going back to paleo is a big part of my "lose the baby weight" plan! When I first went on it back in September 2011, I changed NOTHING about how I exercised and by December I had lost 20 pounds effortlessly. :)
    Done! With the addition of @BeckahBlaze. Now, one of us just has to remember to start/set up our checkins in the early sleep-deprived weeks post giving birth. haha I'm sure one of us will remember. :)
    I'd like to be a part of the Paleo check-in too. I haven't been doing well at all since I got my BFP, I didn't start feeling like myself until about 14-15 weeks and by then I had already consumed so much non-paleo food it has been really hard to go back. I feel like crap and have gained way too much weight IMO. I'd love to participate in a check-in to help keep myself accountable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Beedeck said:
    stoofewok said:
    Done! With the addition of @BeckahBlaze. Now, one of us just has to remember to start/set up our checkins in the early sleep-deprived weeks post giving birth. haha I'm sure one of us will remember. :)
    I'd like to be a part of the Paleo check-in too. I haven't been doing well at all since I got my BFP, I didn't start feeling like myself until about 14-15 weeks and by then I had already consumed so much non-paleo food it has been really hard to go back. I feel like crap and have gained way too much weight IMO. I'd love to participate in a check-in to help keep myself accountable.
    @Beedeck, sounds great!

I can totally relate to how you've been feeling. Even now that I don't have any food aversions and feel semi-normal, it's been SOOOO hard to give up all the stuff I went back to eating. Especially when those items are of a breakfast nature. 
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    chase16chase16 member
    edited May 2014
    RunningJ said:
    stoofewok said:
    @FrodaBaggins - That's awesome that you passed! Trust me, I have not been a goody-two-shoes either. I've been eating my fair share of non-Paleo splurges. Prior to being KU, I was at least 95% Paleo or better each week. I'd say I've hovered at 80% during pregnancy. Wonder if there are more of us out there? I'd love to do a Paleo mama check-in post pregnancy!
    I was not strict Paleo but definitely Paleo-inspired/directed diet. I'd be interested in a post pregnancy check in!

This is me as well. I like eating carbs when the mood strikes, and any paleo dessert I have ever attempted to make has never turned out, and I LOVE my dairy.. but I make a lot of paleo recipes and try to avoid allthebread. (Except for my weekly bagel binge)

ETA: I will probably try to go a little stricter post-pregnancy

• Options
    Wait. WHAT?!?!?! Is this for real??!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    My drink was clear and no dye. The worst ingredient is dextrose. It doesn't bother me to ingest it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    to actually be helpful instead of hurtful, I will tell you my experience on the gd test. the drink made me sicker than a dog and my doc gave me a glucose monitor and had me check blood sugar 4 times daily for a week. based on the results of my readings she was able to figure out that I do not have gestational diabetes. she did say however that she couldn't do any of the food tests bc of how hard it would be to get every patient to consistently ingest the right amount of sugar... but some kind of testing is necessary. ask your doc about measuring your blood sugar yourself, I'm sure there is that option. my doc also told me that a lot of women have similar reactions as I did and that's why they have the back up in place :) good luck!
  • Options
    I just finished chugging my yellow#6 and red#40. Delicious. ;)
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"