LGBT Parenting
Options

Vent - Frustration with RE's Office

So I finally got a call from the RE's office about a plan since AF is a no show. One of the IVF nurses called me earlier and said that I needed a beta first and asked why I didn't have one done last week with the progesterone draw. I told her that my IUI had been cancelled and that I could assure her that I was not pregnant. Then she says "well I know there is male factor, but you're still sexually active". REALLY?????? I informed her that I haven't had an IUI since April and that I have a female partner. She said she would check with my RE to see if he wanted one done and would call me back.

She finally called back and I was busy so she got to leave a message instead of dealing with me. Anyway, I'm starting Provera, hopefully tonight if she calls it in today. I will take that for 5 days, wait for AF, do IVF blood stuff and start BCPs. No beta needed to start Provera...ya think!?!?! Ugh.

I couldn't believe that she said that. Obviously she didn't look at my file. C's name is on there right along with mine. I have seen it. I have never heard of a man named Cheryl, but suppose it is possible. Pretty sure it should also say that we are using donor sperm.

Ok, rant over. Thanks :)

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: Vent - Frustration with RE's Office

• Options
    Ugh I'm sorry I feel like this kind of thing happens way too often. At a recent OB visit the nurse asked if J was my sister. Then, she was really uncomfortable for the rest of the time she was in there. Hopefully you don't have to deal with her again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh geez so sorry. I would tell the doctor next time you see him how upset that made you or have a talk with that nurse and say, "I know you didn't mean to, but I was offended when you called me and didn't even look at my chart to know I have a female partner." Sometimes people don't realize how mean they come across without really trying to.

On a side note...let me know how provera works for you. It makes me crazy emotional. :/

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh ffs. That is so irritating and inconsiderate. I'm so sorry :(
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Argh.  One of those moments when you just have to shake your head.  After I am irritated with those, I try to shake my head and be compassionate; she probably feels badly.  

But still. I roll my eyes for you. :)

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited May 2014
    Ugh I'm so sorry. That is so frustrating. I did laugh out loud a little at your man named Cheryl comment though. I'm glad you have a plan now, but sorry your darn RE's office seems to be making your life more difficult than necessary these days. This process is hard enough without dealing with nonsense!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Oh dear.  I will share that the other day at the OB's office, the nurse was working through a list of questions she had to ask me (do you have a car seat, etc), and she said, "Do you have a birth control plan for after delivery?"  I said, "Well, my wife doesn't produce sperm, so I think we're OK."  She had met my wife before (but S wasn't there that day) and just laughed and said, "Oh, I forgot, I'm sorry!"  I said, "Don't worry about it, it's a very effective birth control plan."

I'm sure the nurse was embarrassed, but hopefully she won't make that mistake again!  In the meantime, I'm glad they aren't making you get a beta!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    I told my Mom that even if I did have a male partner, just because I'm moving to IVF doesn't necessarily mean that MFI is an issue. Hopefully she will be more careful next time. The woman at my OB's office who I see knows. She is wonderful because at my exam yesterday she kept saying partner. They are a pretty progressive and open office. Even when I was dating men, they always used the word partner. I appreciate that a lot.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @ball.and.chain - that was a great response! I can never think of those things until after I have already said some bland response...like today.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"