Stay at Home Moms
Options

Wednesday RAWV Thread

Are we still doing this? 

Random: My kid is watching clips on PBSKids.com on my phone. He cracks up at the segment with Elmo and Neil Patrick Harris every time he watches it. He obviously as great taste. 

AW: I was able to easily slide into a pair of jeans I have not been comfortable in in months yesterday. BBM is working! And I finally got my eating under control. 

Vent: I have a migraine and I hate it. 
Because you're mine, I walk the line....
Landry Mark: 11/5/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wednesday RAWV Thread

• Options
    Random: I got DD out of her stroller and into her car seat. Walked around the front, got in, started backing up and leaving, then I see it. DDs stroller, in the parking space, right where I left it. Embarrassing. 

Vent: I have to go to the grocery store still, and I don't wanna. 

AW: DDs fever broke! She's back to herself! Yay for happy babies! 
  • Options
    Random: DD LOVES watching videos of herself. It's so cute, because she'll sit there just fascinated and randomly say "bebe!!".

AW: I'm getting a 5c for a late Mother's day gift. I also fixed my iPad screen that had cracked. I'm super excited about both :D
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vent: The kids are both sick. They both have runny noses, but Scarlett has had a cough on and off for over a month, and has been to the pedi several times. They finally did chest X-rays and found that she has pneumonia, and they think the root of it is para-pertussis, which is basically the coughing part of whooping cough but without all of the lovely deadliness. They said it can take 5-6 weeks to clear up, even with meds. Le sigh. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be bothering her too much. Unfortunately, the steroids she is now on are making her a psycho child.

AW: Scarlett pooped on the potty for the first time yesterday, and I didn't even have to ask her to try!
  • Options
    meglewmeglew member
    Random - Pretty sure that between DH and I, the pan of peanut butter rice krispie treats I made last night will be gone before we go to bed.  We have no shame.

AW - DD1 got a virtue award at school today.  She has done so well in kindergarten and I am such a proud mama.  She makes my heart happy and sometimes I take for granted what a great kid she is.  I need to make a conscious effort to change that.

Vent - Oh DD2.  When will you learn that sleep is not your enemy?  Oh yeah, in college when you want to start taking naps.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Options
    jnksmomjnksmom member
    Random: I need a dress for my brothers wedding and can't find anything I like.

AW: the kids both helped and we finally got this house picked up and cleaned. The last few weeks have been so hectic that my house was suffering and it was driving me nuts.

AW: DS is finally done with patching his eye to strengthen the weak eye! He was so excited to throw the empty box away today.

Vent: The garbage disposal just quit working and it smells terrible. Ugh. Hoping my dad can look at it tonight.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CnAmom said:
    Random: my kids are playing minesweeper on the computer and they think the object of the game is to make the mines blow up. They're having so much fun I can't bring myself to tell them they're doing it wrong.
    That is just too cute.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    Random: we are heading for frozen yogurt after picking up ds1 today with his friends.

Aw: I've been enjoying our social calendar as of late.

Vent: holy moly, ds2 has been on a lovely tear the last 48 hours. My patience is shot.
  • Options
    Random- I have been craving Olive Garden with this pregnancy

AW- I just ordered our new patio furniture from Target.  I am so excited.  We have been wanting a nice conversation set for a while now.

Vent-  Two of my FB friends posted a hoax article from Johns Hopkins about overly simplistic and misleading ways to cure / prevent cancer.  I commented that unfortunately the article was a hoax.  I hope I wasn't rude by doing that.  
  • Options
    random: i believe that i earned my way onto everyone's post-its at the grocery store today - my solo kid rode in the car cart, i wiped down the seat w/ those scary wipes (because there was an unidentified liquid on the seat) however i didn't wipe down the steering wheel or anything else, he was wearing a batman pj shirt with a cape (he was so upset when i got him dressed to go to the gym that i brought the pj shirt for him to wear at the store), i used so so so many plastic bags for all my produce & meat (i am trying to imagine the cashier fighting all the loose tomatoes rolling off the scale at the register) but brought reusable bags, i tried to reach over the payment thingie/counter to help bag (in the new stores you'd have to walk around the end of the bagging area & get all up in the cashier's space to help bag.)

aw: we went away for the weekend to see family, took our bikes w/ us, biked about 30 miles on a beautiful greenway by the river, & i ran one day. we are not used to hills so it was a great workout!

vent: why does MIL have to tell the neighbor boy that she's going to spank him if he's not good for his mother, & then later tell him "i'm serious, i'll smack you!" like she's some badass. i was secretly glad that DS repeated it right away and she knew she fucked up.
  • Options
    Vent: @nowababy we have the same vent! Lately I've been overwhelmed (again) w/ the clutter around here. Our place is on the small side, but I thought I was managing things OK....and then lately it just seems that every room needs another organizational overhaul. Yet when I do go on an organizing spree somebody (ahem, DH) always ends up cluttering up my system. I'm hoping it'll get better when the basement finishing project is over...

Random: Drinking coffee in the middle of the day....it always seems like a good idea until I start shaking from the caffeine crash. Might be time to cut back again....

AW: Nada
  • Options
    @lyingliarlies: I must know now.....what were you wearing to the grocery store?? PJ pants perhaps???? j/k ;)
  • Options
    Vent: for the first time since I had kids, I'm dealing with a stomach virus in the house. So far it's given everyone the poops, but poor DS2 has it the worst and he also spent all day yesterday projectile vomiting anything I tried to feed him. I am just waiting for it to really hit the other two kids. And my parents, who are usually my go-to helpers, have been out of town since Saturday and won't be back until Friday. I haven't left the house in days and I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    @lyingliarlies: I must know now.....what were you wearing to the grocery store?? PJ pants perhaps???? j/k ;)
    my sweaty stinky workout clothes. at least i wrung out my hair & wiped down my pits - i am a lady after all :D
  • Options
    Vent: My friend vomited in my car yesterday!!! WTF!!!!! We had gone to the local amusement park for the day. I have an iron stomach and can eat and ride roller coasters all day and feel great. Apparently he can't. I could tell he was starting to feel sick so I told him I would like to do 2 more while he sat out and recovered.  But he said he was fine and wanted to do them as well. Okay fine, I am not your mother and I am sure you know your body better then I do.... So on the way home he throw up all over the outside of my car and some of it flew around inside the car because of the wind driving down the freakin highway because he didn't want to tell me to pull over! I am more mad that he didn't listen to my advice of sitting a couple rides out. Why does no one ever listen to me!!!!  And seriously I thought now that I hit my 30's people vomitting in cars was way behind me. lol

Random: I was looking at my wedding photos with ds today. He didn't recognize me and kept saying I was someones lady friend. It was pretty cute. 

Aw: My mom watched ds this afternoon for a couple of hours because he didn't want to come home for quiet time and I needed some r&r after cleaning vomit out of my freakin car last night. My mom is awesome!
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Lindsay9911Lindsay9911 member
    edited May 2014

Aw: DH has one more day of work before he is off for the week and we are headed to the lake!

Vent: my children refused to nap today!! :-(
  • Options
    Rink08Rink08 member
    R: DH wanted to go for a run together today so we decided to go trail running and spent most of the time laughing and playing around. DH kept running ahead of me and hiding and then either jumping out in front of me or sneaking behind me until I'd realize that he was there and we had way too much fun mocking the "parcore" episode of The Office.

A: I've been doing really well without tracking my food or all of my exercise. I ran at the gym earlier (then outside with DH) and just made plans to run with a friend (with our strollers) tomorrow morning.

V: One of the teenage neighbor boys has been picking on DS1 and the other kids his age. DS1 doesn't always get when the kid is making fun of him and I'm having a hard time not going Mama Bear on the kid.
  • Options
    nowababy said:

@marchesa28‌ I don't know about you but one part of the problem for me is that the kids keep growing out of clothes so I continually have a pile of grown-out -of clothes building up.

Also I have another vent: I'm so damn tired of being on my own for 12 hours a day.

That's definitely part of it...and with the seasons changing I need to go through again and see what summer items we have in their size, what we need, put away the warmer clothes etc...meanwhile with the basement finishing, our storage situation is in a state of flux...

I hope you hear soon about your DH's interview/potential job offer....12 hours solo a day sounds awful!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"