April 2014 Moms
Options

best pumping bra for the Ameda pump?

I cant take holding these things anymore! any advice on which bra can help me be hands free with the ameda pump? Thanks!!

Re: best pumping bra for the Ameda pump?

• Options
    I would like to know the answer to this as well. I can't get the horns threw my medela bra, or the other pump bra I have. Have been thinking of going back to using my old PISA as
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    I just took an old sports bra and cut an x over each nipple. Works great.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so dumb!! I had no idea there were pump bras. I have a double electric pump but can only comfortably pump one side at a time because it's difficult to hold them both up.
    I seriously need to look into this. Even the whole X thing with an old bra....
    YCSWU
  • Options
    @Avion22‌ you don't have a problem with them becoming weighted down and falling out of the holes? Or not tight enough and losing suction?
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    @Avion22‌ you don't have a problem with them becoming weighted down and falling out of the holes? Or not tight enough and losing suction?

No, not at all. It's not a cotton sports bra though, it's one of the target ones that's stretchy (C9 by Champion). I've bought a few hands-free bras mentioned above, and like the sports bra the best. It's easier to get on and fits perfectly. The other bras have the nipple holes way too close together for me. I guess the only good thing about them is that because they zip on, they don't have to go over your head (which I guess could mess up your hair at work? I'm not worried about that). But other than that, I've found that they're kind of a pain, and they weren't cheap. My old sports bra was free. I wish I had tried that first before spending the money on the other two bras.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    The only problem with the sports bra idea is my old sports bras wouldn't hold one of these new udders I have! Lol! Definitely cheaper alternative than a nursing bra that may or may not fit the pumps though!
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    All of the nursing bras I've seen should fit with any pump.  It's just a bra/boustier thingy with slits for the flange/breast shield to go through.   
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    I use simple wishes
  • Options
    I have the simple wishes one and it works great. I got it free with an online code. All I had to do was pay shipping.

• Options
    @Avion22‌ the problem is that the Ameda flanges are not removable like the medela pumps are as seen I. The picture below. It one giant piece. I'm thinking of retrofitting a bra by cutting slits down from the top refinishing the raw seams and adding hook clasps to keep everything in place. I really wish the medical supply store had given me the option of getting a replacement PISA as I'm am so disappointed with this purely yours.
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    @Avion22‌ the problem is that the Ameda flanges are not removable like the medela pumps are as seen I. The picture below. It one giant piece. I'm thinking of retrofitting a bra by cutting slits down from the top refinishing the raw seams and adding hook clasps to keep everything in place. I really wish the medical supply store had given me the option of getting a replacement PISA as I'm am so disappointed with this purely yours.
    Huh, did not know that.  Having said that, I think you could get that whole assembly through the openings in either the Simple Wishes or the Easy Expressions bras.   The Easy Expression (medela) one has holes that are maybe 1.5" in diameter, and the fabric is slightly stretchy.  The Simple Wishes  bra has two sets of slits (one horizontal and one vertical), and again the fabric is stretchy enough that I think you could get that whole assembly through the opening.  
    imageDSC_9275  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"