July 2012 Moms

"Next House" List

Alright, who's got the running list of things that your "next house" will have?  

What is your most important/will not compromise on item?

What is the most random thing you look for?

Re: "Next House" List

• I would love to have a second toilet. I don't need for it to be a full bathroom, but H takes forever in the bathroom and sometimes I'm ready to steal one of Tumaini's diapers before he comes out.

I also want a high walk score, because I enjoy being able to walk to most places I need to go to regularly. It also needs to be close to a park for kids.

Oh, and room for a dishwasher!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Alright, who's got the running list of things that your "next house" will have?  We've been in our place for 7 years, and started our list almost immediately!

What is your most important/will not compromise on item? Large open kitchen with pantry.  With 2 boys, I need tons of food prep storage and space

What is the most random thing you look for? Windows in the kitchen.  We're in a townhome now with an interior kitchen, and I hate how much time I spend in a windowless room.  Bathtub for the master suite too!  The only tub is in the kids' room en suite, so I never get to soak.

• Loading the player...
  • PaddyB said:
    The main thing I wish we had that we don't is a dedicated laundry room.  We live in a condo, and right now we have a stacked washer/dryer, and no room to hang dry, or store laundry that needs to be folded,etc. 
    We're in the same situation. I bought this last year, and I LOVE it. I can hang all of LO's clothes on it, and most of my shirts. I just need to hang it on the shower rod overnight, and put it away in the morning (I'm lying, it's always on the rod and there are always dry clothes on it, but if I were more organized, I would put it away in the morning.)

https://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-DRY-01102-Clothes-Drying-Hanger/dp/B002M3SP3W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400870413&sr=8-1&keywords=Honey-Can-Do+Clothes+Drying+Hanger+Rack+with+12+Clips
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I need central air!!!! No ifs ands or buts. I also NEED 2 full baths next house and a bathtub. We have a nice walk in shower, but that is not great for a 2 year old. Poor girl only gets to take baths at my aunts house. Its like a special treat. I dont think baths should have to be a treat.

Im an ex realtor coupled with being in the apt industry I notice and knit pick all kinds of things. Random things like fixtures, cabinets, closets, sliding doors, moldings, finishes... All these things arent even the bones which is most important they are just cosmetic. I'm super nosy and love seeing houses and decorating. MH loves to look at pipes and the foundation of houses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • I would love to have a second toilet. I don't need for it to be a full bathroom, but H takes forever in the bathroom and sometimes I'm ready to steal one of Tumaini's diapers before he comes out.

I also want a high walk score, because I enjoy being able to walk to most places I need to go to regularly. It also needs to be close to a park for kids.

Oh, and room for a dishwasher!!!
    I forgot about the walk score. That is always something I check as well. I hate being too far from a super market and stuff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • 2 full baths. 1.5 will work for the next few years, but by the time the kids are bigger, another tub/shower will be helpful.
  • I would love to have 2 1/2+ bathrooms. Our current house has 1 and it is a PITA. We also have to have 3+ bedrooms, 2+ car garage and some sort of space for a playroom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the house we bought a little over a year ago but am looking forward to building our own house in a few years!

Things I want in our house that we don't have now: more land, a much bigger kitchen, bigger closets, linen closets, a laundry room (not in the garage), a wrap around porch or porch big enough to sit on, second story or basement area, and a 2 car garage since DH uses all of the space in our 1!

Things I love in this house that will be in the next house as well: 4 bedrooms, separate room for office, playroom, 2 bathrooms, 2 drive ways (1 for DH's patrol car), and lots of attic space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"