Parenting
Options

I must CONFESS!!!

Re: I must CONFESS!!!

• Options
    susanb887 said:

So that's a no on suggesting where to eat? Cool.

Fuck you guys.

I like chili's for their Texas cheese fries.

Sick of Chilis. Outback has awesome fries but they take too long.
  • Options
    Homerun inn! Thanks, HE.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FFFC: I got to page 12 and had to skip to the end because my eyes were watering. That's what I get for coming to this thread 7 hours late.

On pregnancy gain, I was really stressed out about it since I was overweight before TTC, then gained 20lbs when TTC. Now I am 20 weeks in and have only gained 6lbs. I guess I didn't really need to worry. I am hoping that I will also be lucky when it comes to BFing.

On HP: totally guessed the horcrux thing and was not surprised by the end. Not sure how JK redacted that since it was pretty clear in the books (unless I can't read and didn't get what you guys were talking about). I am also still pissed that harry and Hermione didn't get it on. The struggle between Harry and Ron would have made more sense. 

I read Twilight because I was amused by it. That and I am a completest. I couldn't not finish them. 

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    DH just told me that he used my sex toy party money to pay extra on the car. I'm mad and he gets no sex.
    Wait, to make an extra payment toward your already-standing car payment? What the hell, H?!

• Options
    mbenit4 said:

I have never eaten Thai or Indian food. I don't think I have ever seen a Thai or Indian food place come to think of it.

Me either, but we have restaurants here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have never eaten Thai or Indian food. I don't think I have ever seen a Thai or Indian food place come to think of it.
    Me either, but we have restaurants here.
    How is this possible. Go now, do not collect $200. Get some garlic naan, chicken tikka masala, basmati rice stat. Then follow that up with some phad see yew, phad thai, pineapple fried rice, coconut curry or any other awesome Thai food. 

• Options
    mbenit4 said:

I reserved Harry Potter at the library. Is one enough or should I reserve the 2nd?

Get the second. They were quick reads. Might as well get 3 too.

• Options
    mbenit4 said:

I reserved Harry Potter at the library. Is one enough or should I reserve the 2nd?

The first couple of books are quick reads. I'd reserve the second as well.

• Options

Ruby Tuesdays. Salad bar. Yum.

Ours closed and turned into a Buffalo Wild Wings. Ew.
  • Options
    jap the tinder girl

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Options
    vandelay said:

mbenit4 said:

Wow, what a scintillating single contribution to the FFFC thread I made today. I'm so glad I got that off my chest.

• Options
    You need to see the movies and the books as two different parts of the same story.  You can't really compare the two.  The movies are their own timeline, almost, with all the storyline exclusions and the plotline makes sense if you just watch the movie. 

Then you read the books and realize there is a HELL of a lot more going on behind the scenes than you realized just by watching the movies. 

It's a beautiful thing, really. 
    I agree, except in my case, the books came WAY before the movies.  I had read the first book probably 4-5 times by the time I saw the first movie.  I couldn't help myself from being like, "they left XYZ out there" or "that's not really how that happened" and on and on.

I do have strong opinions about the different directors.  And I was so sad that the original Dumbledore died.  He WAS so much like the Dumbledore I had created for myself in the books.  Then the second one came along and he didn't capture the essence and I had all the sadz.
    Yes, but I wasn't speaking to you.  I was just quoting you and elaborating. 

I was more talking about the people who go apeshit about the differences between the books and the movies.  Like people are legit angry about it.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I want to know when HP gets to be enthralling. I love falling in love with a new world. Currently only like halfway through the second book (I read them out loud to DD a few pages here and there). It's a cute story so far, well written. But I am not at all obsessed. I'm waiting for it, though.
    3 or 4.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    vandelay said:
    Wow, what a scintillating single contribution to the FFFC thread I made today. I'm so glad I got that off my chest.
    @mbenit4. No, you need to buy them. They're at the used bookstore for super cheap. You need to this because once the fever hits you will be sitting there, staring at your library queue, hitting F5 hoping the next one will be available soon. Trust me. Just buy them.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    I'm already salivating. 
  • Options
    Now I want Indian, Thai, and bacon for lunch.

• Options
    I've never had Indian, Thai or sushi. Probably most other "exotic" foods too.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Options

I feel like I must be the only person in the history of ever that doesn't like Taco Bell's sauce. When I tell them I don't want any sauce packets they always look at me a little weird.

I Don't use them on my tacos but I get them to put in my scrambled eggs at home

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    @ShakeyJakey DOEEEET

• Options

I've never had Indian, Thai or sushi. Probably most other "exotic" foods too.

• Options
    mbenit4 said:

My own FFFC - I don't think it is fair for the SAH parent to thrust the children on you when you walk in the door like I was tagged in. I wasn't at the country club. I was at work. Dealing with people and bullshit. Then I had to deal with more bullshit in commute and in traffic. Then I get home and you act like you are done for the day.

Bottomline - things are easier when we coparent. Co - meaning two.

Brought to you by my SO who hasn't been at work since Wed.

I am (was) guilty of this. It was like my brain turned off when he walked in the door.
    After my recent meltdown we are going to try out a new schedule: 2 days a week he will come home and swoop her to park OR walk for 20 min. I can tidy house/me and Finish dinner without her underfoot. 2 days a week I'll have a cold beer waiting for him and Dinner ready and one day each week we Will play it by ear.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I hope it was fabulous! @PeanutButterFox‌
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have a FFFC. I have read all of the HP books except the last one. Yup. I own it but the reason is that I read the sixth book shortly after losing my dad suddenly. Sorry spoiler but the character who dies at the end really upset me and I was so pissed at the author for the longest time. It brought up the emotions from losing my dad. I know pathetic but at the time it was real. I will read the last book just need the damn time. Kid isn't sleeping worth shit. I am losing my mind. I usually only drink soda but got into DH's coffee today. I've been so tired lately and my house is suffering. Feeling like a failure at this SAH thing atm.

• Options
    What did you end up doing @PeanutButterFox‌

• Options
    OMG it was pretty much the perfect day. I dropped off the little one at daycare, then I came home and ate chicken salad for breakfast. Then I went for a run followed by 30 minutes of my NYC Ballet workout DVD. THEN I WENT TO PANERA. I came home, ate, took a bath, shaved showered, and took a nap. It was fucking glorious! And I'm currently wearing shorts I couldn't get past my hips last summer. So yeah, perfect day.
    I need to know more about this. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    @haygurlhay is a thoughtful friend. ilu
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member

@NotSharknado‌ , thai? I always want thai food.

The kids won't eat Thai. :(
    @NotSharknado‌, they won't even eat fried rice?
  • Options
    mbenit4 said:
    vandelay said:
    @mbenit4. No, you need to buy them. They're at the used bookstore for super cheap. You need to this because once the fever hits you will be sitting there, staring at your library queue, hitting F5 hoping the next one will be available soon. Trust me. Just buy them.
    I need to know if I like it first.
    I think you should trust me on this one.  Just this one time.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    Mbenit's avatar said #byefelicia

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    @cinemagoddess It's one of my favorite workouts. There are two volumes, I have both. They follow the same basic structure:

Warm-up with basic moves (think pliés, relevés) and a couple simple combinations
    Stretch
    Floor work - abs, lower body, back
    Center work
    Reverence (cool down)

Both are gentle but challenging. I prefer Volume 2 because the cueing and direction is better. I feel like they worked oit the kinks from Volume 1.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mbenit4 said:

SO asked me if there are mosquitos in CA? Really?

CA has varied climates. Mosquitoes don't really like deserts much. They do thrive more in wet parts of the country. Northern California has way more mosquitoes than southern.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"