Parenting
Options

I must CONFESS!!!

Re: I must CONFESS!!!

• Options
    Huh. Well this sure took an interesting turn. Nothing like a good SAHP/WP debate!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Holls2011 said:

The SAH parent vs working parent situation is such a situational kind of thing. I am sure sometimes handing them off right at the door makes sense and sometimes letting the working parent decompress for a bit makes sense.  

Why is this a debate? 
    I agree, it is situational. For our family it would be unfair for me to expect DH to completely take over so I can have alone time. He has a stressful job. It's better for us to work together until bed time.

Bedtime here isn't finished until 10 or 10:30 most nights. 

It's usually 10 in our house, too.
  • Options
    OMG JIMMY JOHNS THIS IS NOT FREAKY FAST. I ORDERED 40 MINUTES AGO.
    Mine showed up in 11 minutes today.

I actually asked the dude if he threw that shit together while riding over here.

Sorry to dissappear - I was eating. They got their act together after I yelled on the parenting board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've worked and SAH. Mostly SAH but helped see SOs side when the role were reversed for a while, and he saw my side too. I missed my kid but I still wanted to relax after work. When SAH I wanted to poop alone and make dinner in peace. It's up to each couple to figure out what works in terms of breaks. I get enough and SO hears it when I don't. I usually get my breaks after LO is in bed but SO is perfectly capable of doing bedtime by himself.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Options

We're going to see my biological father this weekend (thank jesus for my brunch with Mabes and Pobre to keep my sanity).

I was trying to figure out what to do while we're up there.  He just suggested that we take my kid to a biker rally.

Um.  No.
    Wut?

• Options
    ShakeyJakeyShakeyJakey member
    edited May 2014

Hey you know... sometimes people with anorexia have the twisted desire to be noticeably anorexic and unhealthy. It's kind of like showing a meth head "The Faces of Meth" sometimes only makes them crave more.

You don't have to be thin to have anorexia. I get that ppants' comment seemed disgusting and insensitive, but I actually kind of wonder if there's more to the story that we're not seeing.

I can see this side of it as well, so I shouldn't have come off as harshly as I did. It just rubbed me the wrong way because of my own personal experiences.
    This is why I only made a short comment to @ppants. I don't think she meant it maliciously but was just unaware of how hurtful something like that can be. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt.

There was a lot of stuff I didn't realize was wrong or hurtful (like sex vs gender or that gyp was offensive) until I came on TB.

• Options

Some days I need a break way more than DH. Some days he needs a break more. Whoever needs it gets it. But normally we do work together. Then again, I feel like figuring out who needs a few minutes more is part of working together. Because sometimes that 5 minutes gets me a second wind and I can then let him decompress for a while without flipping my shit, and vice versa.

I agree with you on this. There are days when I just need 5 friggin minutes to breathe.Sometimes those few minutesto myself gives me the push I need to get through dinner time/bath time/bedtime. Although I will add that lately, I've been pretty damn tired and DH has been doing an awesome job at picking up the slack. I owe him.
  • Options
    I'm listening to Boom Boom Boom Boom by Venga Boys

I have starred this song on Spotify.

Big whoop.

Hopefully call me maybe comes on next.
    The song Ibiza that they sing, in college we used to say "HEY!  We're going to eat pizza!"

LOL.
  • Options
    ShakeyJakeyShakeyJakey member
    edited May 2014

We're going to see my biological father this weekend (thank jesus for my brunch with Mabes and Pobre to keep my sanity).

I was trying to figure out what to do while we're up there.  He just suggested that we take my kid to a biker rally.

Um.  No.
    Wut?

lol like I have no idea what makes him think this is a good idea or the appropriate place to take a freaking 2.5 year old.

It's not like either me or DH are into motorcycles... my dad has a few but it's not like I'm some biker aficionado to the point of ever attending a biker rally.

I mean... wut.

Yeah, not an appropriate place for a child to be exposed to motorcycles for the first few times, to me anyway. My mom's boyfriend rides and Lo looks at it and watches it drive by but he wouldn't want to take LO to Bike Week.

• Options
    susanb887 said:
    I still think that a working parent should give a SAH parent some time to themselves.  Working parent gets legally dictated breaks and lunches as well as any commuting time.  SAH parent may not get that break time regularly. 

I agree. But it sounded to me (and my boat is similar a lot of the time) that the SAH parent is "off duty" the second the working parent comes home and doesn't come back "on duty" until the next day. In my case I don't mind taking the kids to play for an hour or two so there is alone time. But I shouldn't have to do everything by myself every minute I'm home. I disagree with commute considered down-time across the board. I live ten miles from my home and it takes me 45 minutes to get there. It's not fun, it's stressful.
    I never said they should get a full night to themselves.  I said "some time". 

And not everyone drives for the commute, so it is a legit break for parents of have public transit as an option. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    Love tits = empathy, jAp

• Options
    MaebbMaebb member

I have diamond earrings and a diamond pendant from an x-FI. I don't know what to do with them. I should sell them but I haven't. I don't know why. They are really nice but I don't really feel like I can ever wear them again. I just hate to sell them. 

@AuburnGirlSC‌, pics please!

I KWYM. I have stuff from exes too that just sits in my jewelry box, but none of it is that nice.
  • Options
    One of my favorite netbattles was between P&CE and The Twilight board over on TN.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I don't understand being scared by Harry Potter fans.   

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    One of my favorite netbattles was between P&CE and The Twilight board over on TN.  
    oh god... what was the basis?  That the twilighters were mutants ?
    Oh jesus no.  It was that the twilighters had an unhealthy obsession with the kid who played Jacob. 

And that they were idiots for loving Twilight so much. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    I think since I've been sick all week I deserve to eat out where I want for dinner.

Please to suggest where I should eat.

No fish and I will have my kids with me.
  • Options
    MrsButt said:
    Last minute UO:

Allegiant > Breaking Dawn

I don't know.  They're both pretty awful.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    mbenit4 said:
    mbenit4 said:

Sometimes I feel as though I should start reading Harry Potter. However the Potheads scare me and I don't want to turn into one.

I mean a lot of people read a lot of series but the Potheads seem to take it overboard. I know no one calling themselves one of the Cullens or Lannister for instance. The Potheads seem to think they are in the book.

I scared. 

Twilight fans are WAAAAAAAY crazier than Harry Potter fans.  
    Maybe it is regional. Again, I know no one that likens themselves to being a vampire or werewolf but I know grown people who think they go the the school in HP.
    Yeah.  It's definitely regional, then. 

People come here from all over the world to see where Bella and Edward fell in love. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options

mbenit4 said:

mbenit4 said:

Sometimes I feel as though I should start reading Harry Potter. However the Potheads scare me and I don't want to turn into one.

I mean a lot of people read a lot of series but the Potheads seem to take it overboard. I know no one calling themselves one of the Cullens or Lannister for instance. The Potheads seem to think they are in the book.

I scared. 

Maybe it is regional. Again, I know no one that likens themselves to being a vampire or werewolf but I know grown people who think they go the the school in HP.

People come here from all over the world to see where Bella and Edward fell in love. 

mbenit4 said:

mbenit4 said:

I scared. 

Oh my.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

All of you with two-parent households (or a co-parenting relationship in any way) are eating crackers right now. It's been a long, long week.

It wasn't always like that and sometimes still isn't.

• Options
    Can't tell if mbenit is talking about people here or not...

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    I got my spray tan (or spay tan, for those of you in the know). I told the lady I was breastfeeding and she asked how old LO is. I told her 3 months. He's four months. I didn't forget. I lied. She was in full view of my almost naked body and I thought my body's current state was more acceptable for 3 months post partum than 4.
    OMG- I got a spray tan once before I was even pregnant & was gaining weight from my fertility drugs (and the chocolate too), and she asked me how far along I was. I thought I was going to die, so I didn't want to make it worse by saying I wasn't even pregnant, so I said I just gave birth a month ago. Then she asked me if it was a boy/girl and the freaking name. I made it all up, and got out of there real quick!
  • Options
    Do other states require training for DC teachers? Like recognizing abuse and basic child development and other things. In FL they do and they talk about how to approach it with the parents and know what is appropriate for what age. Some of these stories make me mad. I'm pretty sure I could notify some kind of regulatory body if they came at me with some BS about my kid being delayed because she puts markers in her mouth and doesn't want to take a nap. Because that shows me they have no idea what they're talking about.

• Options
    one of us. one of us.
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    DH asked me to buy a birthday card for his mom, which I hate doing because I feel like he should pick it out. I ended up just getting a pretty one with a poem or something, but I was tempted to get these because she hates Obama with the fire of 10,000 suns.

My ILs are the ones who have Obama toilet paper that they got from someone at church. So very disturbing.
  • Options
    mbenit4 said:

What's the name of the 1st Harry Potter?

Sorcerers stone @mbenit4‌

• Options
    Maebb said:
    My ILs are the ones who have Obama toilet paper that they got from someone at church. So very disturbing.
    Wtf?! I got my dad Beavis and Butthead TP once for Christmas, but that's because he was a fan. 

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Read them @mbenit4‌ I'm not sorry I finally gave in and read them

• Options

@NotSharknado‌ , thai? I always want thai food.

The kids won't eat Thai. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"