Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The term 'making love' is disgusting.
    I totally agree.  Blech.
  • Options
    I love cutesy little baby clothes. They're really difficult to find, especially for boys. All the clothes are designed to make your baby look like a stupid hipster: cuffed jeans, popped collar shirt, fedoras. Come on! Give me some onesies and hats with puppy ears
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My UO, I dislike pushy parents. It makes me want to give you your way even less. I totally understand advocating for your child, and I'm sorry our waitlist is a few months out. But if you don't like it, you can go somewhere else; I'm not going to squeeze you into my schedule and bypass other families that have been waiting patiently just to please you while you're in Bitch Mom mode. 

BTW, I had a mom *totally appalled* that she had to wait until August to see me. I had a cancellation and graciously moved her up. Guess what? The jackass has the nerve to no-show for the appointment this morning. Never again for her. 

• Options
    Mandmeesh said:
    Fell pregnant? What is that? Like they fell on a penis and a baby appeared?

This is always what it makes me think of!

It's like pregnancy just magically happened to you, and you have no idea how.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    I just bought a boys' sweater jacket from Baby Gap for this exact reason.

• Options
    Chevron's fine, but I don't understand why it is so ridiculously popular lately.
  • Options
    Oh, just wait, Stoney. Quatrefoil is the new Chevron.

• Options
    I had to google Quatrefoil.  I like that pattern for home decorating.
  • Options
    Good for your DH @stoneycakes! Well, not the 'tude part.

Probably a PO, but I think e-cigarettes are dumb. Just...what??

• Options
    stoneycakesstoneycakes member
    edited May 2014
    JEPES1348 said:
    Good for your DH @stoneycakes! Well, not the 'tude part.

Probably a PO, but I think e-cigarettes are dumb. Just...what??
    I know.  I'm really proud of him.  I know how hard it is to quit smoking, having done it myself many times, lol.  I think e-cigarettes are dumb, too.  I have friends who went from smoking real cigarettes to smoking e-cigarettes in a effort to quit.  Great.  Now you're hooked on something else.
  • Options
    I like the Duggars.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    @unaveragejane‌ I used to hate the skull and crossbones trend too. Then my 8 year old started picking out his own clothes. That's what he likes. I feel like there are other battles that are more important to fight, so that's what he wears. Sigh.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm really really really sick of trying to find safe products for our family to use.
    just pour vinegar on everything. 

j/k. I know your pain. 

my UO: If my baby is in a carrier and it's hot out and he hates shoes, leaving him barefoot is not tantamount to child abuse, guy at the bus stop. 
  • Options
    I'm really really really sick of trying to find safe products for our family to use.
    just pour vinegar on everything. 

j/k. I know your pain. 

my UO: If my baby is in a carrier and it's hot out and he hates shoes, leaving him barefoot is not tantamount to child abuse, guy at the bus stop. 
    haha.  mh has been trying to convince me that socks are too hot for M when it's 80º out and he's in the carrier. 

my solution was to buy some baby sandals.  something about bare baby feet that looks weird to me

• Options
    I really think nicknames for pacifiers are so stupid.  

But we call them bippy and boppy and boopy. 

Though M never used one. lol

• Options
    My baby is barefoot and half dressed 99% of the time. She is a steam engine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    The smell of Burt's Bee's baby products makes me want to gag. I have a practically full tube of their baby lotion that I can't bring myself to use because the one time I put it on DD it took me all day to figure out the awful smell I kept smelling was...her. : (
  • Options
    I don't like this new trend of calling a baby a "squish". I just don't like the name squish.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Options
    I want to punch people in the face that smoke those e cigarettes indoors around me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I really don't want to use a pacifier for this kid. I think they're gross and all juicy and yucky. I hope he doesn't need or take to one.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Mandmeesh said:

I really think nicknames for pacifiers are so stupid.  

But we call them bippy and boppy and boopy. 

Though M never used one. lol
    My MIL calls them a "bop." Drives me effing crazy. No, my kid doesn't want their "bop" because they don't know what that even means!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Rabbit skins. Nice solid bright colors. I don't like clothes with words.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MIL asked me "What do you want for Christmas?" I said "I want money to buy cute baby diapers." She says "That's for the baby. I want to get YOU something." I said "That is for me." She says "No it's not. Now what do YOU want?" I think I ended up getting tupperware. Ugh My UO (or is it a FFFC?) I hate blanket safety statements. "That's not safe for baby because they could get hurt!" I think as a mom it is our job to use our own judgement and listen to others experience and research. Take my weekend plans for instance. We are going camping. We are going to be riding trails on 4 wheelers. Many would say that it is not safe for baby. I say that I am a responsible mother. I am planning on wearing him in the Ergo, I'm an experienced rider, I'm not going fast, I'm not going to be climbing dangerous ground, or riding a lot of rough jerky terrain. I would NEVER strap him in a carseat to something that didn't have a roll bar (hence wearing him). And if it looks like it won't work out then I won't do it or stop doing it.
  • Options
    jcwinsto said:

MIL asked me "What do you want for Christmas?" I said "I want money to buy cute baby diapers." She says "That's for the baby. I want to get YOU something." I said "That is for me." She says "No it's not. Now what do YOU want?" I think I ended up getting tupperware. Ugh

My UO (or is it a FFFC?) I hate blanket safety statements. "That's not safe for baby because they could get hurt!" I think as a mom it is our job to use our own judgement and listen to others experience and research. Take my weekend plans for instance. We are going camping. We are going to be riding trails on 4 wheelers. Many would say that it is not safe for baby. I say that I am a responsible mother. I am planning on wearing him in the Ergo, I'm an experienced rider, I'm not going fast, I'm not going to be climbing dangerous ground, or riding a lot of rough jerky terrain. I would NEVER strap him in a carseat to something that didn't have a roll bar (hence wearing him). And if it looks like it won't work out then I won't do it or stop doing it.

I would never wear a baby while 4wheeling. It's like biking while wearing a baby they have to be a certain size and its safer to have them in their own bike seat. And even then the kid usually wears a helmet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"