Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

LO so excited with Daddy enters the room - makes me feel left out...anybody else feel like this?

I realize this is just insecurity on my part, but wondering if anyone feels this way...

DH travels a lot for work so it is mostly just me and my DS hanging out. However, once daddy is home DS goes crazy for him.  I feel like chopped liver. I mean I have spent all day with him entertaining/playing with him and then once daddy enters the room for a second he wants nothing to do with me.  Even to the point where if he gets hurt he wants daddy to pick him up no me. I realize he just wants to savor any time he gets with DH, but my feelings are getting hurt that he is so dang excited about daddy and not so much about me. Anybody else feel like this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Re: LO so excited with Daddy enters the room - makes me feel left out...anybody else feel like this?

• Options
    My DH travels a lot too, he just got back this morning from a week trip and DD was SO, so happy to see him this morning when she got up. He said "I love you" to her and she said "wu wu wuuuu" (first time!) and was crawling all over him. She was all smiles and generally in a great mood today. Totally different than her mood all last week when her dad was gone. I don't feel bad about it, I think it's so sweet that she likes him so much and misses him and obviously can't tell me about it (well besides being grumpy). Since I am with her at home she doesn't get as excited to see me but then I haven't been gone for a week to know how she'd react to me being gone that long. Your son knows you're there for him all the time and he loves you so much even if he doesn't explicitly show it being getting excited. He feels secure in your relationship and doesn't have to explicitly show it, if that makes sense?
  • Options
    Lurking, but my DD does the same thing. DH works night's so when she does get to see him she only wants him. I can't even hand her a sippy cup. It hurts my feelings sometimes, but she does get me all the time and while they play I can give all my attention to DS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amie444amie444 member
    My DH travels too. But I work outside the home. She definitely gets more excited when she sees him, but I get it too. I also get to dance in the living room to the tv every night and see the messy face at dinner. DH misses all the stuff. I think it is a trade off.

• Options

Thanks ladies.  @honeydew01, @SandFHasse, @amie444

It is cute how excited he gets and I guess he is with me all of the time so I am not a novelty like DH. 

;

• Options
    YES!  And the dog seems to prefer DH too so I'm really left out.  Usually when DD is sick she wants mommy so I get to cuddle her then.  Otherwise she is all about her father, which I'm happy to see because he's giving her a great example for her future dating/marriage life.  But seriously though, when he comes through the door and DD and the dog run towards him I'm like, "hey, over here, hello??"
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    Same thing here...dd is 12 months. She can say daddy & gets so dang excited to see him. However if hes around she wants nothing to do with me.
    Ds was the same way. All my sahm friends say the exact same things so I try not to let it worry me but it does. I might not worry so much if dd would just say Momma. But she isn't & I know she will eventually.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"