August 2014 Moms
Options

Seeing your belly grow

Anyone else constantly weirded out by their growing belly? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy & excited to be pregnant, but seeing myself change in the mirror is just so strange! Husband calling me 'barrel' isn't helping either :)

Re: Seeing your belly grow

• Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    It is kind of strange. My first pregnancy I ran into things a lot with my belly. For whatever reason that doesn't seem to be happening as much this time around.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My belly looks kind of alien-like. That's the best way I can describe it. The skin is a weird color and you can see all these veins. I am surprised at how big it already is and concerned with how much more it is going to grow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    chase16chase16 member
    I get surprised when I bump into stuff. I hate it tho. I'm constantly wondering how big i'm going to get with 3 more months left.. And to be honest I haven't felt pretty since I got pregnant
  • Options
    Definitely strange, but so far positive. I remember how huge I was with J and can't imagine I'll get there in the next 14-15 weeks, but time will tell! I've started lightly bumping into things recently! My body size is already off!
  • Options
    I am scared how much more I will grow in the 11 weeks I have. But I love looking at it in the mirror... It is a beautiful thing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I love it, most of the time! I'm excited to finally be showing but do think I may not feel the same as I get bigger and bigger. I've had it pretty good so far and am so grateful. Plus, the good hair and skin is a bonus so I'm enjoying that while I can!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    My only worry is how much bigger I'll get. I love the bump. Something about being able to carry life, when I was told it may never happen for me, is amazing. And I've felt very much like a woman and beautiful. But everyone is different and when I'm huge I might feel different too.
  • Options
    kcm3kcm3 member
    I have been going back and forth this pregnancy. One day I feel small and then the next day I feel huge.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I guess you could say I'm weirded out... but truthfully, it's more like grossed out. I know this is probably not what you're supposed to think (let alone say) but I think my stomach looks ugly. My belly button is gross, I don't like the linea nigra, my skin is stretched to the limit - overall, it's just not a great look.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy to be having the twins and I'm really glad they are growing bigger and bigger each week... but still, that doesn't mean I love my enormous belly. I do love feeling them kick though!

Check out my travel blog.... www.SeeJulesTravel.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love my belly for the most part. Not excited to see how it looks once the baby is born though lol. One weird thing for me with it is when I discovered I can't really stand behind a shopping cart while turning it around in the isle. There's just not enough room for my belly and the cart
  • Options
    I'm not so much weirded out by the belly, but rather when I can feel the baby through my abdomen - like, the contours of his/her head or bum or whatever is jutting into my side!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BeachMBeachM member
    I've started bumping mine on things.  It annoyed me last time and it annoys me this time. 

• Options
    I'm a little weirded out.  It is strange to have my body change so quickly.

I keep pushing my belly into the kitchen counter when I'm doing dishes or cooking and I'm like, "how the heck did that get in the way?"
     When I'm cooking and have to reach something from the cabinets above the oven, I burn my belly as it smashes into the oven door!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    Honestly I go back and forth with loving the bump and being dissatisfied with it. 

Really my main issue are the stretch marks, which are really prominent and seem to cover the whole thing already, and I've still got 100 days left of growing to go. Even being religious about the Palmers concentrated lotion and the belly butter at least twice a day, new ones pop up or elongate seemingly daily. I knew there wasn't anything I could do to avoid them (genetically speaking, every woman in my family on both sides have really prominent stretch marks), but I at least thought I'd be able to minimize them. 

I also worry about how wide my hips are going to be at the end up this. I naturally have wide hips even before pregnancy (at my smallest weight I still more a size 12, and I was healthy, not overweight). I do have the advantage of having a naturally small waist (10-12 inch difference naturally between the wait and hip measurements). I worry that at the end of this I'm going to end up like some overdrawn cartoon character with a giant ba-donkadonk and a relatively teeny waist.

But I love the way my bump looks when its clothed. Finally rounding out and not looking like I've just got a beer gut. And I love feeling him move :) My favorite time of the day is when I wake up and turn over, and he moves to readjust himself and gives practice kicks. Nothing like it  
    BFP #1 12/19/13 We lost our Fenix 7/31/14 at 36 weeks due to torn umbilical cord
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Chart TTA until Feb 2015
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Options
    Honestly, the bump doesn't weird me out at all. I love it. What does weird me out still are her kicks. I don't think I will ever get used to them. It's so surreal to have an arm or leg poking around my body!!!! I still jump if my hand is on my belly and she kicks it. I love it, but it's weird! :)
  • Options
    I love it! I always get so excited when I start to show! Every time I get ready for a shower or a bath I examine it in the mirror and I think it's perfect it's so round and just neat looking. I like to turn at all different angles and look at it. It makes me feel kind of beautiful and I forget for a second all the aches and pains I'm going through.
    I definitely do this. I love that someone else does too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"