December 2012 Moms

U/O Thursday

I have one today...I posted it on FB earlier but here we go...

I think that every single one of the fast food workers who walked out of their job today to protest for higher wages should be fired!  They complain that they can't survive on minimum wage and feed their families.  Well here's a thought....stop having babies!  How about going to school in the evening or morning while you're working there.  I worked fast food (McDonalds) for 4 years, I started as a crew memeber and worked my way up to a store manager.  I worked my ass off for that position. 

There are lots of unemployed people out there that would love your job, so if you don't like it quit!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

Re: U/O Thursday

• *LrCg**LrCg* member
    I want to vomit when I see people post pictures on Facebook of their 1 year old forward facing in car seats!  Their excuses are generally: my child is on the larger size or they hate sitting rear facing.  Regardless of the size of your child, their spine development is still the same and the MINIMUM age to be forward facing would be 2- most countries its even longer (which is the same reason why my 5 year old is still in a 5 point harness car seat and not a booster- he will stay in it until at least 8 years old when the spine is better developed).  Sitting "Indian" style in a car seat is perfectly safe and much safer than forward facing. All my kids have HATED car rides from birth and would literally scream the entire time but I still made them sit in car seats! 

I generally don't participate in these but this morning I'm on a rant especially since my cousin (who is an ER nurse and does car seat inspections) just posted a picture of her 16 month old forward facing.  Last week DH ticketed some couple for having their 9 month old forward facing!  What the heck people!!  When it comes to your child's safety- why are you doing below the bare minimum? 
  • myskyegirlmyskyegirl member
    edited May 2014
    I know it's been said before, but I hate all this hashtaging ESP when the hashtags aren't "pinned" to anything.  I have a friend on fb, who I kid you not had 5 #s in ONE of her posts.  WTF.  

@excidtedaunt2b, I agree.  Plus anyone can walk into any Planned Parenthood and get b.control for FREE, condoms, pills, but yet there's a family down the street from me with 6kids.  Oh, and an when they rebuilt the elementary school down the street, parents were told that the school is only for ESL kids.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @babar78....image

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• It bothers me when parents feed their kids stuff that they wouldn't eat themselves. They will go out and get themselves organic salads and free range chicken then buy their kid McDonalds. I know some people that do this on a regular basis. They will often say, "my kid is really picky and won't eat anything else." I understand that kids go through phases but cmon, thats a crap excuse. If you are going to make them eat it, then you better eat it too. Or feed them something healthy like you are feeding yourself. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It bothers me when parents feed their kids stuff that they wouldn't eat themselves. They will go out and get themselves organic salads and free range chicken then buy their kid McDonalds. I know some people that do this on a regular basis. They will often say, "my kid is really picky and won't eat anything else." I understand that kids go through phases but cmon, thats a crap excuse. If you are going to make them eat it, then you better eat it too. Or feed them something healthy like you are feeding yourself. 

I get what your saying...I'm the opposite- I will eat unhealthy stuff that I don't want DD to have- she is forever trying to steal my soda (she LOVES to drink anything out of a cup that has a straw in it)...

My UO is that I couldn't give 2 craps about Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus..why the heck crap about both of them was featured on my local news program last night is beyond me...who the hell cares.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• I love pickled herring! Love.

I like bumper stickers, magnets, decals... Whatever. They're fun.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"