August 2013 Moms
Options

Motn

Anyone up?
Lo has been up for 3hrs straight now. She's been crying for the past hour. She wouldn't eat, diaper was changed, and wouldn't sleep. DH is out of town, the nearest store that is open is 20ish min away. I can't find her Tylenol in the house. We just both had a major breakdown sitting in the middle of the kitchen both of us sobbing while I was holding her. I just feel helpless and defeated. I could go to the store, but I'm never comfortable driving at night. I'm especially not comfortable driving at nearly 4am when I've slept 4 hrs since yesterday ha.
She's finally eating so I'm hoping it'll put her to bed. She keeps touching my face almost like she's trying to make me okay. I feel terrible I broke down like that. Not my proudest moment. :(
A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads

Re: Motn

• Options
    LEMSALEMSA member
    I'm here too. M woke up at 3...still up at 345. Crying in his swing. I can't settle him. He just wants to comfort nurse, and I cannot do it. Not tonight. I really am aiming on weaning him at night. I don't think he's hungry, it's just for comfort. It's what he's been used to for the past 9 mo. And it's hard for both of us, but I am not sure how to help him STTN. Everytime I think we are among progress, something happens and I feel like we are back to square 1.
  • Options
    LEMSA said:

I'm here too. M woke up at 3...still up at 345. Crying in his swing. I can't settle him. He just wants to comfort nurse, and I cannot do it. Not tonight. I really am aiming on weaning him at night. I don't think he's hungry, it's just for comfort. It's what he's been used to for the past 9 mo. And it's hard for both of us, but I am not sure how to help him STTN. Everytime I think we are among progress, something happens and I feel like we are back to square 1.

I'm sorry you're having a rough night, too. I hope he settles for you soon. I don't know much about bf'ing bc I wasn't able to but I admire all the mama's who are still waking to nurse. I can't imagine. Hugs!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are up over here too. Sick baby has slept half hour here and there and up since 2:30 (now 4:15). Tylenol seems to have helped a bit anyways since he's playing and not crying. So hard not to get frustrated. I feel you ladies.
    **July Siggy Challenge**
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I wish they made a nighttime Xanax or some other kind of temporary drug to keep you from having a nervous breakdown when battling through The Sleep Wars. It just feels like psychological torture sometimes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry you and T had such a rough night! Hopefully you are both still sleeping.

LO screamed for an hour at bedtime last night. Nothing I did would help. Poor babies. :(

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    Following up a great night yesterday with a horrible one tonight. LO threw up in her crib around 1:45. I cleaned her up and put her in ours and she slept awhile. I can't sleep at all when she's in our bed, so I just laid there with her. Then at 3:45 she threw up again, first all over DH and then all over me while we stood in the shower. After cleaning everyone up and changing the sheets, DH is sleeping and I'm nursing her so she doesn't get dehydrated. Planning on going in to work wayyy early at 6 and working a half day so I can come home and then DH can go in to work. Then I will have to make up the other hours this weekend. There goes the weekend but hopefully LO will be done throwing up now. She is in great spirits, which is good. I'm going to hold her till it is time for me to work.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had such a rough night. 

We just wrapped up 4 weeks of the same. Pain meds didn't seem to help at all. Now that it's stopped her gross motor skills have increased an incredible amount. I think her little mind was just busy sorting it all out. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"