Single Parents

95% sure I will unexpectedly become the sole parent

So...the soon to be ex did something *extremely* stupid.  There is a very good chance that he will never see his kids grow up.  We have 22 month old b/g twins.  Although we were getting divorced and I was already going to be a single parent, he had primary custody.  Because of what he did I am 95% sure that I will become their sole parent.  I am waiting for final paperwork with his signature to believe this will happen.
I'll be honest...I'm scared.  I have really good friends in San Antonio.  I am currently in Houston.  I am hoping with what happened I will be able to move to San Antonio.  All of my family is in NJ and I am certainly never moving back there.  lol
I don't know how I will handle being mom and dad.  I don't know how I will handle explaining to my babies why they can't see their dad.  

Hoping to get some good support here.  :-)
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: 95% sure I will unexpectedly become the sole parent

• Welcome to the board.

Youve peaked my interest. What stupidthing did he do. And really being mom and dad isnt all bad. I like not having to split time with my sons father amd hes facing some time for some really stupid shit(feliny arson and domestic violence)
  • I'm a mostly sole parent going through a divorce. My ex lives 1000 miles away and comes to visit DD about once every six weeks for a couple of days. I strongly recommend moving to where you have support. It's always good to have someone who can step in for an hour/an afternoon/a day and give you a break when you're at wits end. Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to our board!  I don't really have any advice though.  My mind is drained today...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Well since his arrest record is public anyway...he got caught soliciting sex from a minor.  Looks like it was a police set up.  It's a felony 2 which means the person was 14 or under.  He's facing jail time.  If convicted...he will never see his kids again.  The twins have their own lawyer from the divorce.  She is involved.  I'm just waiting to hear the final say from her about being the sole parent.

Thank you for all the welcomes.  This is certainly not where I thought I'd be right now.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Im sorry to hear that is what he was arrested for. Im mostly sorry that your children will not get to have a relationshuo with him because of his actions.

My sons father probably wont have a relationship ds for some poor choices hes made.

I suggest finding a local support group, or moms group.
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. @beccaga16‌ can probably be a lot of help to you because she went through a very similar thing. xoxo
  • Dang it. Signed in under the wrong name...I'm jellybean529. Stupid mobile bump.
  • Ummmm @jellybean529 how many names do you have
  • jellybean529jellybean529 member
    edited May 2014
    @minnesotamomma91 I think I only have two? The one I posted under last night was my knot name back in 2001...LOL. I was mrs.tbc but I got that changed because the stupid dot kept people from being able to tag me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Welcome. I wish you the best of luck.
    Might I ask why do your kids have their own lawyer for the divorce?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"