Detroit Babies
Options

St. John's (Moross) or Royal Oak Beaumont?

My current OB is a St. John's Dr and I have been with her since I was 18.  However, I am not really getting the connection with her that I feel I should have pregnant with my first child.  I am considering switching to another OB and they are Royal Oak Beaumont affiliated. I am interested in hearing the opinions on both hospitals.  I am struggling with making this decision and I am hoping you all can help me out.  Thanks!!

Re: St. John's (Moross) or Royal Oak Beaumont?

• Options
    str8otastr8ota member
    I had my DD at RO Beaumont. Because she was a micro-preemie I don't have the normal OB/pregnancy situation so I am pretty biased because my care was absolutely incredible and I could never imagine being anywhere else and feeling very confident in the care both she and I received.  That being said, I have several friends who had their children at RO Beaumont and have never heard a complaint.  There are a handful of us who go to Somerset OB/Gyn and they are the best, every doctor in there.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I was with my OB (who is with St. Johns) and I have been with her since I was about 19-20. I delivered at St. Johns on Moross and had a really great experience there. I am not sure about your OB, but mine is a part of a group of OB's in one practice. They all take turns being on call. So depending on when your baby actually decides to come you won't likely have a choice in which doctor you get. Over the course of my pregnancy, I saw several of the doctors in the practice, which made me feel more comfortable with whoever I got. I ended up with my doctor because I had to be induced and she was great. For me, I look for a doctor who I can trust. My doctor isn't going to be my new best friend. I was closer in that regard to the nurses and office clerks that I saw throughout my pregnancy. But my doctor knew her stuff and it showed when it actually came time to deliver my son. Now I will stay with her through my next kid or two just because of that reason. 

On another hand, I have known people who have delivered at RO and they have had good experiences too. What I liked about St. John's was that they had a ICU for babies if my LO needed it. I didn't want to be stuck at one hospital while my LO was transported to another in the event something happened. I am not sure if RO has this----I guess that they might. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your input!  I am see glad to hear your care was so excellent!!  I have switched to Women First in Royal Oak.  I saw some really great reviews until this morning.  I am now a little nervous. I wont be in for a couple weeks to make my own assessment.  I am hoping all goes well because I am not so interested in switching again.  Again thank you for your advice :)
  • Options
    Keep in mind that those two hospitals are worlds away from each other as far as distance goes. Where you are located makes a big difference. If you live on the eastside, but want to deliver at RO, and your OB is only out of RO, what are you going to do if there isn't time to safely get to RO? I am a nurse myself at an eastside hospital, and would love to deliver out of RO as they trump STJ's NICU any day of the week, but it isn't feesable if I were to wake up in the middle of the night, water broken, baby on the way. My baby would be born in the car by the time I arrived. I will have to settle for STJ myself, because GP Beaumont has no NICU situation at all. Not safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"