May 2014 Moms
Options

XP from PGAL: Kaylie's Birth Story (Lunabug)

mrsbtobe20122 for posting for me! The last few days have been a whirlwind and I'm just now taking advantage of a little afternoon snooze to post the full story!

Short Version:
Kaylie Marie arrived at 11:34pm on 5/4 via vaginal delivery weighing 7 lbs 10 oz, 21" long. My water broke at home around 5pm at home and after a fast a furious progression of labor with a few scary moments, she made her arrival. She is healthy and perfect andI coldn't be more in love. The first night home was a doosey, but we're getting the hang of it and have been lucky to have lots of help. We are over the moon to have our little rainbow with us! 

Long Version: I had some contractions earlier in the morning, but they had been 10 minutes apart and subsided, so I didn't think much of it. After my water broke labor came on fast. By the time we called the doc, got the rest of that bag packed up, and got in the car my contractions were 3 minutes apart and STRONG. Poor DH, that must have been the longest car ride ever! We arrived at the hospital around 6:30pm and I was 5cm dilated. Her head was waaaaay down causing lots of pressure so I was having a hard time breathing through contractions without bearing down. The L&D nurse with me was AMAZING and she coached me through, even "yelled" at me when she had to. I immediately asked for the epi. Within a half an hour of arrival I was 7 cm and they started the epidural. By this point contractions were a minute apart and I honestly have no idea how I managed to stay still! God bless that nurse! After the epi I was checked again and already at 9cm. Then things got chaotic. As soon as the epi was placed, Kaylie's heart rate and my blood pressure dropped WAY down. I was just starting to feel relaxed and then heard the nurse calling "we need help in here!" and "Go get the father!" (DH and my mom had been asked to wait in the waiting room for the epi). The doc had me turn to my sides, and eventually had me on all fours with my head down to the bed. He tried to re-position her as she was being compressed. I heard them call the OR and have everyone on standby. My head was spinning and it really wasn't till later that I fully grasped how scary of a moment that was. Luckily, her rate rate came back up and stabilized and they cancelled the emergency C. By this point (around 9pm) I was fully dilated. Unfortunately, the epi made me totally numb and I couldn't feel the contractions or pressure to push. They had me try pushing for about 20 minutes but we decided to stop. They turned off the epi and waited until I started feeling the urge to push again. 

Around 10:45pm I was feeling the contractions so I started pushing. Her heart rate dropped again and we were back in line for the OR if she didn't stabilize. Thankfully she did! That's two times we avoided a section! I pushed for about a half an hour and she was right there, but needed a little help. The doctor did use the forceps, not to pull her out, but to help me stay "open" in between pushes. He cut an episiotomy  and stretched me during contractions to help her head come out. Once she finally crowned, I gave 3 more pushes and she was out- with a FULL head of dark hair! I wasn't able to do immediate skin-to-skin as I had originally hoped, but by this point I just wanted to make sure she was healthy. She came out pink and screaming, didn't need any time in the bili-bed, but we let them do all the newborn procedures in the room while I got stitched up. I was able to breastfeed within a half and hour of her being born and it was amazing. She latched right on and it was instant love. 

She has a few abrasions on her poor little face from the rough delivery, but they're healing nicely. We came home on Tuesday and we're getting the hang of this parenting thing. We are exhausted, and I'm still sore and swollen, but I have never been happier in my life. Welcome to the world, Kaylie. Mommy and Daddy love you more than you may ever know. (and you fur-sisters love you too!)

And now...the good stuff:

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3

Re: XP from PGAL: Kaylie's Birth Story (Lunabug)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"