October 2014 Moms
Options

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Our bodies do some weird things to us during pregnancy - some feet and noses grow, some moms get pimples, some get gorgeous hair and nails, linea nigra, cervical mucus, big nipples...it's wild!

This pregnancy, my pubes have decided to migrate toward the belly button. At least that's what it looks like. I'm getting a hairy line all the way down my bump. Classy. And it's not really a straight line...it swerves a bit to the right. I'm terrified that it will HURT to pluck them, but I refuse to shave my belly. People don't shave their bellies! So for now, I'm a hairy walrus.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tell me. What strange and unexpected things is YOUR body doing these days that has you raising a brow? ;)
imageimage

Re: Ch-ch-ch-changes!

• Options
    The moles on my body are puffing out. It's HOT, let me tell you. :/ I remember it from my last pregnancy, too.

You know what is kind of hot, for real: my formerly flat butt is nice and round and booty-like.

Sorry about your strange hair growth, Emerald27. :P
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Options
    My faint but visibly crooked linea negra.

Insatiably dry skin on my face.

And cute spider veins on my thighs at the tender age of 24 ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw, you have a happy trail. I got mine during puberty. It's not an abnormal amount of hair, it just is how it is for me. I usually just use my bikini trimmer to remove the hair. Plucking it doesn't hurt. Either way you want to deal with it.

As for my weird body thing, my areolas are darker. They are usually a light shade of pink slightly darker than the rest of my skin. Now it's more like a shade of tan. That and my nips are full of blood. You can see it under the skin. It's super weird. The boobs themselves just keep getting bigger. I am already starting to bust out of my Ds. I can't imagine what will happen when they're full of milk.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    fisk2005fisk2005 member
    edited May 2014
    Dry skin, an ugly chin break out which I've never had before or bad skin for that matter before the baby. I also have crazy course stomach hair!! :(( My linea nigra is very dark and my areolas have gotten very dark! And my hair grows so quickly every where!

But I must admit I do enjoy having a booty versus before! I've always been really petite with a little junk in the trunk @HappyCianci‌ ;)
  • Options
    Awful breaking out. My skin wasn't perfect to begin with but now I feel like there's always pimples. Everywhere
  • Options
    yoyopezyoyopez member
    my boobs!  i guess the left one is always a little bigger than the right but as they grow, lefty seems to be doubling in size while righty is only slightly bigger.  i caught sight of them in the mirror when i was bent over a bit and it was so obvious i felt disgusted and had to laugh at the same time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    New freckles & moles. WTF.
    My scars look more obvious too. Ugh
  • Options
    I'm broken out like a teenager, totally darkened nipples, and the other day, I leaked colostrum on my sheet.  Sexy ladyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

• Options
    I don't know where to start... super chapped lips, dry yet snotty and bloody nose. I've always had one random dark nipple hair, but now it grows like a weed, while my leg and armpit hair has slowed to a crawl. Still overly wet in my lady bits too. My bump is lopsided to the left and my left boob is bigger. I hope it evens out before I start teetering to the left!

I've always dealt with a small happy trail, so that's nothing new :)

• Options
    I have been fortunate enough to get pityriasis rosea. It's a horrendous rash all over my abdomen and boobs. Luckily, it doesn't itch - but I've had it for about 2 months now. My dermatologist said it usually doesn't last more than 3 months - so I'm hoping it starts to clear up soon. I'll spare you the picture of my belly and boobs - but it looks pretty much like this...

• Options
    The changes were more noticeable the first time around, but the belly hair is just weird. Mine is all over furry. Thank goodness I have fine, straight blond body hair...
    p+c 11.6.04  |  +g  2.4.11
     image image
  • Options
    I have been fortunate enough to get pityriasis rosea. It's a horrendous rash all over my abdomen and boobs. Luckily, it doesn't itch - but I've had it for about 2 months now. My dermatologist said it usually doesn't last more than 3 months - so I'm hoping it starts to clear up soon. I'll spare you the picture of my belly and boobs - but it looks pretty much like this...
    Oh my word, @Jellybean813, I'm sorry!  But glad to hear it doesn't itch.

Thanks, me too! I've heard that it can itch, and if it does that it's aweful. Fingers are crossed that it doesn't start to either..
  • Options
    yoyopez said:

my boobs!  i guess the left one is always a little bigger than the right but as they grow, lefty seems to be doubling in size while righty is only slightly bigger.  i caught sight of them in the mirror when i was bent over a bit and it was so obvious i felt disgusted and had to laugh at the same time.

This is me exactly. I was disappointed because I thought they would even out but nope seems in fact the opposite. :(
    photo 98826c1d-49e9-4f18-a2a8-311206877833_zps1c1ec21a.jpg
  • Options
    I have weird acne issues this time around. I will wake up with one part of my face red and broken out but by the afternoon its gone.  I normally have very clear smooth skin but its been kind of a disaster since I gave birth. The day I gave birth to my son my entire face broke out. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy I was blessed with lovely hairs under my chin. I would pluck and wax them. Even after DD was born they didn't go away. Now with this LO I have even more sprouting up! Soooo attractive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A ton of CM. The past few days it's been gushes that have me running to the bathroom in a panic. My nips are much bigger and darker. I never get pimples but I had about 5 or 6 yesterday before I popped them. Raging headaches.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    My nips have turned very reddish and my belly is all over fury. Then the hair.... Hmmm what hair on my legs and girly bits. The speed of growth is so so so slow at the moment. My boobs are already as big as when I had my last and I thought that was bad.. So I'm sitting at a 34DD, they feel like huge gourds and bc I have such bad stretch marks they just lay on my tummy and drive me nuts! My nose is also a bloody mess most days but stays dried out and coated.

@Emerald27‌ that sounds like the start of linea nigra too.. It is usually not straight and goes left or right.
  • Options
    My normally oily and breakout-prone face has actually gotten better and is even dry in some spots!  Weird.  But I have terrible acne on my back along with dry skin there too.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @ohioloveyou‌ I've been noticing the same thing -- my skin is actually improving now. It's normally pretty breakout prone, and that got a ton worse after I went off BC pills. It's nice to have a pleasant symptom surprise for once!

Also if you put any stock in OWTs, which I don't, it would mean we are both having boys. :)
    Me: 30 H: 30, Married Since 10/2010, TTC #1 in 12/2013, BFP 2/13/2014, Baby M 10/16/14
    It's a girl!
  • Options
    Let's see...nipple hairs, chin hairs, my calves look like Christmas hams. I also seem to be leaking trace amount of colostrum, outgrow clothes on a daily basis and have Itchy and twitchy legs at night. Oh the joy!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mewwwwws said:
    This is me exactly. I was disappointed because I thought they would even out but nope seems in fact the opposite. :(
    I will also agree to this statement.  Righty keeps growing but Lefty is barely bigger than when I got the BFP (she was smaller than Righty to begin with).  I had hoped that Bra shopping would get easier with pregnancy - nope!

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    I have dark hair and darker skin and have always had a lot of body hair.. face, tummy, back.  I wax and shave but now that I'm pregnant, it seems like it's growing so much faster and thicker!  I made an appointment for laser hair removal right before I found out I was pregnant, so that had to get cancelled.  I feel so gross.

I also feel like my face is so oily and ugly now.  Even when I put my makeup on, I still feel like I look terrible.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MrsSinner402MrsSinner402 member
    edited May 2014
    Oh I failed to mention the large amount of spider vein clusters popping up all over my legs. Which is pretty awesome considering I'm stark white and they stand out beautifully. No shorts for me this summer... :((

ETA because spelling

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    Justabean3 my boobs are also at a 34DD. finding bra's SUCK!
    My skin has never been amazing but I've always been able to manage it, not so much since I've been pregnant I have terrible acne. It's like I'm 15 again! I also have a blonde mustache and this random hair that I get on my chin that is almost black and really long. It's a beard. So gross... 
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited May 2014
    I have tons of additional saliva so I feel like I spit every time I say anything. It's rather attractive. I'm also already getting calf cramps in the middle of the night. 

On the upside though, I haven't developed the acne that I did during my first pregnancy, nor have I seen the linea negra yet. Last time it took like a year pp before it went away so I'm glad it hasn't shown up yet. 

@Jellybean813 - I'm so sorry! I hope your dermatologist is right and it goes away soon. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    So I had laser hair removal done, full Brazilian, back in 2006. Last pregnancy, no change. This time, the hair is growing back with a vengeance. I'm not happy because I hate shaving the netherlands.
    Also, last time my feet grew a full size. I'm praying they don't this time.. I'm already a 9.5-10 :(
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Errr, now I feel like a loser. I've had a little happy trail since after high school and I've always shaved it. It actually gets better while I'm pregnant. :-S

@tickettuesday- we can be losers together! I've always had belly hair and been self conscience so I shave it. I, too, have noticed it's gotten better since pregnancy. I also have random coarse hairs around my nips that I've always had to shave. Lovely shit I tell ya.

I never really had issues with acne until I got pregnant. Now, I have backne up around my shoulders and neck.

Other than the traditional bigger boobs and the things mentioned above, I haven't really noticed much difference elsewhere.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yeah the CM is a beast. Panty liner city over here. 

But on the plus side, my boobs are amazing. They just have very pigmented blue veins painted all over. If all goes well with breast feeding, I'm interested to see how much they inflate. 
  • Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I have hot, red feet and a fuzzy belly, but my body hair growth has thankfully slowed.
  • Options

My hair has actually been falling out in the same weird way it normally does postpartum.  Like handfuls in the shower.  I'm looking forward to the weird layer of regrowth that will inevitably pop up in a few weeks.  Sigh.

Also, it hasn't happened yet but last pregnancy my vagina swelled up like a balloon sometime in 2nd tri.  I'm hoping to avoid that one this time but not getting my hopes up.

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• Options
    I know I"m in the minority, but I hate the bigger boobs.  I'm only 5'2" and a small 32D before pregnancy, and I'm up to a large D/borderline E already.  I always feel disproportionate anyway and it just gets worse with pregnancy/nursing.

image              image
  • Options
    youngin12 said:
    Errr, now I feel like a loser. I've had a little happy trail since after high school and I've always shaved it. It actually gets better while I'm pregnant. :-S

@tickettuesday- we can be losers together! I've always had belly hair and been self conscience so I shave it. I, too, have noticed it's gotten better since pregnancy. I also have random coarse hairs around my nips that I've always had to shave. Lovely shit I tell ya.

I've always had a small amount of stomach hair as well and just shave it too

image              image
  • Options
    Liss1481 said:

I know I"m in the minority, but I hate the bigger boobs.  I'm only 5'2" and a small 32D before pregnancy, and I'm up to a large D/borderline E already.  I always feel disproportionate anyway and it just gets worse with pregnancy/nursing.

Nope I despise them too!
  • Options
    Liss1481 said:
    Ditto. I was a 38 DD before. Haven't grown much yet, but they will. And I hate it.
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ADH0906ADH0906 member
    I've got the usual acne:backne nightmare happening, bloody nose, weird hairs.

I've been doing outdoor work the past few weeks and yesterday I got in from the field, looked in the mirror, and noticed I had a dirt mustache. Went to wipe it off...and you guys, it won't come off! I have two weird darker patches of skin right above my upper lip that I'm praying isn't that weird pregnancy skin pigmentation. I put an inch of sunscreen on it today. Oh god, please don't let me have a permanent pregnancy mustache stain.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have the line of dark hair down my belly too!    :((

My husband is kind of a hairy beast (Eastern European heritage) so I am blaming his genes for this!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    walkeliwalkeli member
    Is it horrible of me that this thread is making me feel better because I realize I am not alone in all of this strange/irritating/plain weird pregnancy body stuff? Pinterest can bite me right now with their perfect models fashioning maternity wear. Pshh.
    I woke up today and I swear my muffin top, butt, and hips grew exponentially overnight. Yesterday I was in a maxi skirt and tank top and I was all "oh look at my cute bump" and today I didn't want to leave the house and was in tears in front of the mirror not even able to get my jeans over my thighs. Ugh. Also, spider veins all over the thighs and calves, lovely. Another weird one, I have these two small (dime size) light brown/pinkish flat patches on my chest. One on the side of a boob and the other right in between them. Seriously strange. What is that??
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    I have the line of dark hair down my belly too!    :((

My husband is kind of a hairy beast (Eastern European heritage) so I am blaming his genes for this!
    What?? I'm so confused. How is your husband to blame for what your hormones are doing?

@walkeli - I feel your pain... last pregnancy I just wanted to be a in a nightgown all day long. 

@lmorris014 - my hair did that too up until about a week ago. I was a little shocked that I was losing hair by the handfuls during pregnancy. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards