Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Lack of interest in transition to solids - baby snacker

My LO is 10 months old today and I am trying to get her more interested in solids. She is a very light eater, almost pretty much just a snacker and I just wish I could get her to eat more. At her 9 month well visit, she weighed in at 15.02 pounds and is 27 inches long. The pedi wasn't concerned and said that she is healthy and her weight maybe on the low end as she is a very active baby. I am concerned because I look at other babies and read other posts where people's babies are eating almost full on meals when she will still only take 4 oz at a time in her bottle and maybe 1 to 1.5 oz of puree at a time. The only thing she will scarf down is the Plum Organics puffs, she loves those. Her pincer grasp is well developed, picking up food isn't the issue, it's the lack of interest even though I have her sitting at the table with us when we eat our meals and have tried a variety of foods. Any advice you all have would be most appreciated!

Also, can anyone recommend a good starter sippy cup??

Re: Lack of interest in transition to solids - baby snacker

• Options
    Sincera4Sincera4 member
    edited May 2014
    My LO is the same. He'll be 10m next week. We tried feeding solids at 6m but he had no interest. He still won't eat as many solids with us as he does for the babysitter.

He sees me and just wants to nurse. He's like, "what are you feeding me?" I don't want that! DH is not patient with feeding solids either. He gives up right away or avoids it completely. Lol.

ETA- He does love his sippy but he mostly just chews on it. It's the Nuby brand with handles.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My son has never been a big eater. He is 22lbs and 29.5inches long. I went to the pediatrician and explained to her that he was only drinking maybe 4-6oz and some solids at feedings. She said that he needs at least 28oz of formula a day and that should be the main focus. We cut back on his solids and have upped his formula. I think the main thing at their age is them learning how to eat. Even if they don't eat that much at least they know how when they do start to eat more. That's just how I feel about it;) My son LOVES the puffs we have never had a problem with them lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HZ2012HZ2012 member
    Keep trying and offering different foods with different textures and colors. My LO just turned a year old. At 10 months he wouldn't touch anything but purée and I was so nervous that he'd never eat real food! By 11 months he was eating pretty much anything I put in front of him. So just keep trying, she's just not ready yet.

Sippy cups I can't help you with - he still won't use one.
  • Options
    HZ2012HZ2012 member
    Whoops! * he's just not ready - sorry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"