TTC after 35

GTKY: Concert-goer edition

So, to piggyback off the Grateful Dead thread going on elsewhere, let's talk about concerts! What was your first (and when?) what was your most recent? Anything particularly memorable in between? Anything you'd like to see now?
*****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
DD, 6/15/2013
TTC #2 beginning January 2014
AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

Re: GTKY: Concert-goer edition

• First concert: the Judybats, 1994. Most recent concert: Wilco, 2000 (omg, that was 14 years ago!)

Most memorable concert-going experience: this is why the Grateful Dead talk made me think of it--disgusting graduate school "boyfriend" trauma (involving one of his undergrad students--ethics violation, anyone?) while Phil Lesh and Friends opened for Bob Dylan (1999.) I obviously brought it up, but just thinking about it still pisses me off. Ugh!

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    URMySunshine77lcwedDavie813
  • Loading the player...
  • You guys are going to laugh. My first official concert was the band Chicago's Victorious tour in 1989.

My most recent concert was Chris Thile and Michael Daves. They performed vintage country music together. Good album! I've been a Chris Thile fan since he was in Nickel Creek.

Another performance that I really loved was Gillian Welch at the Fillmore. She and her husband are pitch perfect.

@Davis813: I am also a Wilco fan.

@JimBobCooter: Wow--was the drive in the Blizzard worth it?

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

lcwedDavie813
  • My first concert was one of those music festivals where there are lots and lots of bands playing. I was well over 21….none of my friends were music junkies like i was so concerts just didn't happen. 
    Anyway I remember it was Stained, and Godsmack, Cypress Hill, al I can recall right now. 

Most recent….sad to say its been a few years…Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Nokia Theater….it was awesome cause its a smallish venue…….no need for big screens!  loved it! 

Most memorable for me was not memorable for a god reason. 
    Stage Coach…a country music festivle/Concert. The Eagles were headlining. Now I am a classic rock lover….im a damn jukebox…….play a classic rock song and i can tell you who sang it. Music is life to me and the the Eagles……well thats like air in my lungs!!! I was BEYOND EXCITED. I felt like a once in a lifetime experience was happening and I was going to see an iconic band…..no way! 

So the end of the night They take the stage….Everyone is going NUTS!!!!  Husband says its time to go home…..I was STUNNED. I stared at him kinda dumbfounded and shocked and was like "WHAAAAT???" Said he didn't know who they were (excuse me did you grow up under a rock in Atlantis???) and that he wanted to beat the crowd  (mass exodus that happens at the end of any big event) I started crying while he was packing up…..people next to us looking t us like we were nuts for leaving (they were right) and we headed out to the car. As we were pulling out of the parking spot and driving away they were playing "Life in the Fast Lane"….my favorite song. Yeah I was crying.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
    Davie813
  • First Concert was Dave Matthews Band in 1996. LOVED IT!

Most recent concert was I guess Jason Aldean last summer. I took my son to his first concert at the same venue where I saw mine. 

Next concert will be tomorrow. Jake Owen is playing at the Players Championship and it's a great concert to go to. 
    BeckyP005URMySunshine77lcwedDavie813

Most recent concert was I guess Jason Aldean last summer. I took my son to his first concert at the same venue where I saw mine. 

Next concert will be tomorrow. Jake Owen is playing at the Players Championship and it's a great concert to go to. 

A country gal ;)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

URMySunshine77KirstenAlecia
  • BeckyP005 said:
    First Concert was Dave Matthews Band in 1996. LOVED IT!

A country gal ;)
    Could you tell? ;) There is a two-day country superfest in June that I'm soooo excited about and FX we won't have to worry about a DD because it will be me (if I'm that lucky). 
    URMySunshine77BeckyP005KirstenAlecia
  • My first concert was supposed to be Wham in 1985 but they cancelled the show. My girlfriends and I were devastated. We had made posters to display in the station wagon to and from the concert. (Wish I had them now...)   In 1986, I saw UB40. It was so much fun. We jumped chairs to get to the front row and came home with a crap ton of bruises.
    Last concert I saw was Paul McCartney. Just awesome.
    Worst experience (but very memorable) was passing out in the middle of an outdoor crowd at an Allman Brothers show. Apparently I was a little dehydrated from drinking beer all-day.
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

lcwedKirstenAleciaURMySunshine77Davie813
  • My first was Pink Floyd in 1993 or so. Also saw 5 GD shows.  My first GD show was also my first time on acid.  what a night!!!  

Most recent show?  I go out to dance occasionally at the best club in NYC - Output. My bachelorette night last summer, we went to Danny Tenaglia and it was frikken amazing!!  I DJed for a while in college/early 2000s and know how to mix vinyl.  mostly house/tech stuff.  DT played a song that I own on vinyl from 1999 - and I was crying/ecstatic because it was something I had played when I was first with my XH, so it was like a full circle of music.

As for concert....... Radiohead leader Thom Yorke's band of all-stars called Atoms for Peace at the Barclays Center last fall.

xx
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
    KirstenAleciaURMySunshine77Davie813
  • mindaamindaa member
    First concert: MC Hammer (1990/91)

Most recent: Ben Harper, last month

Most memorable? Surprise to me that the first one that comes to mind was Barenaked Ladies. I wasn't really into them so my expectations weren't very high, but it ended up being the best show - So friggin' funny!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

KirstenAleciaURMySunshine77Davie813
  • lcwedlcwed member
    My first concert was suppose to be New Kids on the Block in 1991, but I sold the tickets so I could go on our church's youth ski trip.  My first concert ended up being CCR because they were playing at the ball stadium where I worked in high school.  The best concert I have been to was a George Straight/Reba McIntyre/Sara Evans tour in 2011 and the most recent concert was Trans Siberian Orchestra in 2012.  @hooligans4 Pink is very high up on my concert bucket list.  I'm glad she puts on a good concert.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

KirstenAleciaDavie813URMySunshine77

I'm not a huge contemporary country fan (love classic country, though), but I have a THING for Jason Aldean! My husband, who IS a contemporary country fan, thinks it's hilarious.

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

My Ovulation Chart

lcwed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"