October 2014 Moms
Options

Exhaustion

Is anyone else ridonkulously tired all the time? 18w1d (2nd time around) and the past few days I just have zero energy and am so exhausted. I'm not doing anything or going anywhere but just can't find energy at all. Today I even took a two hour nap and I'm still zonked.

Is it just me or is anyone else totally just zapped?

Re: Exhaustion

• Options
    I'm 16 wks and still tired. Not as tired as 1st tri, but I definitely don't have that energy everyone's talking about in 2nd tri!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    Today I am wiped out. I think it is mix between allergies and a long week. Unfortunately I have never been good at naps so I just finished watching 3 episodes of 16 and Pregnant and it made me feel a little better. Those poor girls have it so hard.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember being exhausted 1st Tri with DS but then fine again in 2nd Tri but the past few weeks have just been awful. How are y'all dealing with it?
  • Options
    fisk2005fisk2005 member
    edited May 2014
    A definitely don't feel as tired as 1st tri, but today is one of those days where I don't want to do anything but lay here! Which is impossible because I have to use the bathroom like clockwork X(
  • Options
    I've been this way all along. I wake up tired, and by 9am I can barely keep my eyes open. I have to sit or lay down (if DS lets me). Poor kid. :P

If it's extreme and unrelenting, you can be tested for anemia. But it's likely that it's just normal pregnancy fatigue. It sucks. :(
    imageimage
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:
    I've been this way all along. I wake up tired, and by 9am I can barely keep my eyes open. I have to sit or lay down (if DS lets me). Poor kid. :P

If it's extreme and unrelenting, you can be tested for anemia. But it's likely that it's just normal pregnancy fatigue. It sucks. :(
    Thanks. I've been having a green smoothie (with spinach) just about every day so doubtful it's anemia but good to keep in my head.
  • Options
    With my daughter, I basically slept 12 hours a night in the first trimester, about 9 or so in the second and third trimesters.  I hit second trimester and thought I should have that theoretical energy, but, nope!
    Bean - 02/19/12
    Burrito -  10/04/14
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:

Thanks. I've been having a green smoothie (with spinach) just about every day so doubtful it's anemia but good to keep in my head.
    It's probably not, but when I complained, my doctor wanted to test me anyway just to be sure. :)

I think it's a mix of normal fatigue with pregnancy and having to chase a toddler around. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and still exhausted. What is killing me is my inability to stand or walk for long without feeling wiped out. My body feels weak after a short period.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I've mostly felt my normal (pre-pregnancy) levels of energy during the second trimester, which are variable. Some days I feel great, and some days I feel like I could nap all day. I certainly don't feel as craptastically exhausted as I felt during the first trimester, though! 
  • Options
    jcsumm0jcsumm0 member
    I definitely feel better than 1st tri, but also still more tired than normal.   I'm having some trouble getting a good night's sleep (I wake up and it takes me a while to fall back asleep), so I think that is contributing too.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed a huge surge of energy, but I do feel better than during 1st tri during the day.  At night I'm still exhausted by 9:30. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Today after lunch I got so tired I sounded drunk. :)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    The second trimester was better for a week or two... Then came the ridiculous insomnia. How can a person be so tired and yet not be able to sleep?
  • Options
    Me.  I'm exhausted all of the time.  Still waiting for that second tri energy boost.

• Options
    15 weeks and still waiting for that energy surge...I regularly fall asleep at like 8:15 on the couch, and getting kids to bed is a painful task. This is #3, and I truly do not remember ever being this exhausted with either of the other two. I'm sure it's some combo of age, more demanding job, and just a different pregnancy this time.
  • Options
    I remember being exhausted 1st Tri with DS but then fine again in 2nd Tri but the past few weeks have just been awful. How are y'all dealing with it?

Maybe you're more tired this time around because you have DS? You've added "hard working mama" to your resume!

FTM here, and I couldn't believe the exhaustion of first tri, I truly thought I had mono or something. I've been feeling AMAZING now, and everyone keeps telling me it's not going to last through 3rd tri. 

…. got stuck in the grey sorry

image image image

• Options
    slsl509slsl509 member
    I still feel awful. I never had the 2nd tri burst with DD and I'm not expecting it this time. Things are going to slide but that's OK. Growing a baby while having other kids is hard work. The dusting can wait.
  • Options
    mle7106mle7106 member
    I am ridiculously exhausted too. With DS once 2nd tri hit I pretty much felt back to normal, but this time the fatigue is showing no signs of letting up. I think it's a combination of having a more physically demanding job than last pregnancy and having a toddler to chase around. Last time I sat at a desk all day, then came home and put my feet up- not this time!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yeppers, EXHAUSTED. 
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Married 8/09 to my love
    Our little shamrocks:
    M~4/11   W~12/12   E~due 10/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"