October 2014 Moms
Options

Gender intuition?

For those of us ladies who haven't found out yet, does anybody have a strong gut feeling or either boy or girl? And those that have found out, did you have a feeling and were you right?

I'm positive this is a girl. Like, go paint the walls pink, positive. With both of my boys, I has terrible morning sickness until about 8 months. With my girl, I had a little bit of sickness, but mostly just super sore breasts. It's the same thing around this time. M/S isn't bad, but my boobs hurt sooo bad. If this isn't a girl, I will be shocked.

Re: Gender intuition?

• Options
    I knew my boys were going to be boys, I was not shocked at all when we found out. This time I felt so strongly I was having a girl, then a $40 intelligender test (said boy) and multiple dreams of boy/girl twins have taken that feeling away :/ I have no clue what I'm having, though I hope to be having a girl. 
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• Options
    I have a feeling that mine is a boy. I cant explain it, but I just do. I will shocked if we find out its a girl.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was convinced my first was going to be a girl. I dreamed about her constantly and I could tell you exactly what she was going to look like.  We had a son. :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At first I kept referring to LO as 'he' or 'baby brother' on accident. But now I say 'she.' I don't know when the switch happened, and I don't know if it really means anything. I haven't had dreams to indicate one over the other, but I did with DS. I kept dreaming of a little boy.

I would like to say that I have a slight preference for DS2 because I dislike all of DH's girl names.
  • Options
    narabugnarabug member
    I have a feeling we're having a girl, but I won't really be surprised if I'm wrong. I'm not that convinced.
  • Options
    I was so sure my son would be a boy, exactly like @MrsSinner402‌ described. This time, I don't have a strong intuition either way. I've been logging my guess as 'girl' but I really don't feel like I 'know' like I did with DS.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Options
    I had a feeling my last pregnancy was a boy that I would never meet, and unfortunately I was right.

Early in this pregnancy I dreamt I was pushing a stroller containing a smiling baby girl.

If I look at the symptom myths, my lack of symptoms probably align more with boy, as do the PAPP-A & hCG from my first trimester screen.  My MaterniT21 results came in a few weeks ago so both my geneticist and ob know the sex. 
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    I felt this one was 100% boy, and nope, it's another girl. Definitely can't rely on symptoms, because this pregnancy is completely different than my last and they are both girls!

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

• Options
    My feelings have been wrong 2 out of 3 times lol so I give up
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been right all three times. However,...I also had a very strong feeling early on that I was having twins and I was wrong. It's kind of creepy though because tons of people have said "maybe you're having twins and they missed the other one." tons of people! Everyone from co-workers to strangers to a nurse at the hospital. I'm pretty sure that one of the about 10 u/s I've had this pregnancy would have shown if there were two!
  • Options
    ADH0906ADH0906 member
    I have absolutely no gut instincts about the sex...like, not even a tiny bit.

My parents decided the minute that I announced that the baby was a girl (which is so bizarre) and I so occasionally think it might be a boy...but I suspect that's just wishful thinking so That I can laugh at their 'grandparents' instincts!'

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My SO is convinced it's a girl, my dad thinks it's a boy, and my mom's friend, who claims to be "clairvoyant" also thinks it's a boy. I personally have no idea.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    I was not surprised with either of mine. I knew as soon as we saw the first u/s with our first that he was a boy… somehow I just perceived it.  With this pregnancy I wasn't as sure but I did tend to feel more strongly that it was a girl. DH had pretty clear intuition both times. This time around we found out what we were having through a phone call so when I told him they'd called with the sex, he immediately said, it's a girl, right? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I was so positive that this LO was a boy. And it didn't help that everyone was analyzing my symptoms and saying boy. Everyone said boy except my DH who was adamant that it was a girl. So DH's intuition was better than mine lol. I should have listened to him since he "decided" what it was lol.

Anniversary 

• Options
    People keep asking me if I have some sort of intuition, but I have no clue!! I had one dream that it was a boy. Most people are guessing boy. I'm hoping this one is a girl and then I'd like my second child to be a boy. But I'll take whatever I can get!

Pregnancy Ticker
    DH and I have been married 3+ years. This is our first PG, and we are thrilled! 
    Can't wait to meet our baby BOY, Mateo in October!!
  • Options
    I don't know if I think it's a girl because I want one so badly or not. I guess we'll find out on June 3rd, but I really really hope it's a girl!
    Married since *7/13/2012* to my soulmate!

Surprise! BFP 3/7/2013, Missed MC, D&C @ 7w5d
    BFP 12/10/2013, Natural MC @ 5w1d

BFP 2/15/2014...Katia Elizabeth is due 10/23/2014!
     BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like it's a girl, which means I'm now convinced it's a boy because I could never be lucky enough to get what I want. Either way, H and I will be thrilled to have a baby!

• Options
    With my first I thought boy, but I think only because both our sides of families have boys and that's all I was around -- Nope, she was a girl!

This one I really think girl -- same symptoms as last, had a girl dream, I know it's all speculation, but I'll be surprised if it's a boy!  We'll find out in 3ish weeks!

QUESTION: Has anyone had the SAME symptoms with multiple pregnancies, with different sex babies?!  I've seen a ton "I had different symptoms but they were both ___", but not the other way around?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I swore up and down this baby was a girl, i felt it in my bones lol. I have hyperemisis graviderum this pregnancy and I didnt have it with my son. So i thought it had to be a girl. Well I had my third ultrasound the other day at a little over 13 weeks and its a BOY!!! I couldn't beleive it and I kept questioning my doctor so finally he got a perfect shot right inbetween his little legs to "show me the money". So i will be in a house surrounded by my boys...and I'm okay with that :x
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    For those of us ladies who haven't found out yet, does anybody have a strong gut feeling or either boy or girl? And those that have found out, did you have a feeling and were you right? I'm positive this is a girl. Like, go paint the walls pink, positive. With both of my boys, I has terrible morning sickness until about 8 months. With my girl, I had a little bit of sickness, but mostly just super sore breasts. It's the same thing around this time. M/S isn't bad, but my boobs hurt sooo bad. If this isn't a girl, I will be shocked.
    You sound just like my best friend! She has one young daughter, one young son, and is currently expecting another baby due in September. She was convinced this one was another girl, due to her symptoms being similar to the ones she experienced with her daughter, and that the heart rate at her appointments was high like her daughter's (her son's hr was low). She is also carrying heavier around the hips like she did with her daughter. We were all convinced she was having a girl too. She went in for her AS this week on Tuesday, and SURPRISE! She's having a boy. Pretty much everyone was in shock. We were all expecting girl! Just goes to show you symptoms and intuitions can be wrong, no matter how strong they seem. :)
  • Options
    Last time I was sure I was having girls and I was right. 

This time I feel the same way but I am not sure if that is just because boys make me nervous. 

• Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    edited May 2014
    I have a feeling that mine is a boy. I cant explain it, but I just do. I will shocked if we find out its a girl.

Me too.  I call it a him all the time. 

ETA: FX that we get a good shot on Monday and find out!  (I wasn't gung-ho on finding out but know that it is getting closer I am like a kid a Christmas)

• Options
    femailfemail member
    I have a feeling that this baby is a girl, but I have nothing to back it up. Everyone I've talked to that has guessed the sex has also said girl, so we'll see 5/16! Either way, we'll be thrilled!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wino411Wino411 member
    This exactly. 

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since Jan '13

BFP#1 - EDD 3/24/14 - d&c 7w5d

BFP#2 - EDD 6/14/14 - cp 4w2d

BFP#3 - EDD 10/28/14 - It's a BOY!!! - Born 10/26/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    yoyopezyoyopez member
    i strongly suspect this baby is a girl.  reason 1- i just feel it in my bones.  reason 2- heart rate is always between 150 and 165 and reason 3- i want a boy so bad so of course it'll be another girl.  i know not to read too much into the heart rate thing and that until baby pops out it's all a guessing game. of course i'll be happy with either and just wish for baby to be healthy.
  • Options
    I have a ridiculous theory that I will get to test again in a couple of weeks. This is baby #4 for me and my first two were both boys. With both of the boys, during my pregnancy, my stomach got kind of disturbingly hairy...like longish blond hair all over it. With baby #3, my girl, it stayed very normal and smooth. So far this time I have no belly hair, so i am guessing girl. I think my body may respond to the testosterone from the boys by growing belly hair. I realize this is mostly crazy but it has worked so far for me and my sister. She got a hairy belly and had a boy for her first!
  • Options
    ADH0906ADH0906 member

I have a ridiculous theory that I will get to test again in a couple of weeks. This is baby #4 for me and my first two were both boys. With both of the boys, during my pregnancy, my stomach got kind of disturbingly hairy...like longish blond hair all over it. With baby #3, my girl, it stayed very normal and smooth. So far this time I have no belly hair, so i am guessing girl. I think my body may respond to the testosterone from the boys by growing belly hair. I realize this is mostly crazy but it has worked so far for me and my sister. She got a hairy belly and had a boy for her first!

That's crazy! I've never heard if this. I'm not saying that I have a totally smooth hairless stomach, but I randomly grew what I can only be deceived as an eyelash in the middle if my abdomen at 10 weeks. It was so weird that I waited until my DH had seen it to pluck it.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    BeanNutBeanNut member
    I think we are team blue partly because my pregnancy has been different. But I thought both my girls were boys so my gender intuition sucks :)

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
  • Options
    jenndubjenndub member
    I always think I'm having a boy. I've been wrong a lot. We'll find out with this one in a week or two, I just need to schedule my A/S.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    This is our first, but I'm completely having mixed feelings based on my dreams. The first time I ever dreamt about baby, it was a girl. Then the next time, it was a boy. Then the next time, it was twin boys that LOOKED like girls, then just last night I had a dream that I was talking to an older woman who asked if we knew the sex, and I proclaimed "Yes! It's a boy!" then I remember in my dream thinking "Wait, no. We don't know yet."

Other than our dreams, I don't have a strong feeling one way or another. I keep calling baby 'him' and 'he' but I feel like that may just be because we're trying out some boy names right now. 

I'd really like a girl because all the other grandkids in the family are all boys, and DH thinks it's going to be a girl even though he would choose boy if he could, but obviously we'll be happy either way. We'll find out on June 2!
    ---

• Options
    I had no intuition. I kept dreaming about a little baby boy. 

We found out last Friday it was a girl! I was shocked--although, in retrospect, I probably would've been shocked if it was a boy. I just really had no clue. HAHA 

• Options
    I "knew" DS was a boy. Like, before I POAS I said "I bet I'm pregnant and it's definitely a boy." I even told the sonographer not not bother telling us because I already knew DS was a boy. And I was right!

This time I'm feeling very strongly that it's a girl. We'll see! 50% chance I'm right. :P
    imageimage
  • Options
    Just recently I started referring to this baby as "he" and calling the baby a boy. Every old wives tale would say differently. Horrible acne, craving sweets, fast heart beat. All signs point to pink. But I still feel it's a boy.
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Options
    I guessed boy with my first, and I was right, but I wasn't all that invested in the guess. This time, I guessed boy again, but now I'd place my money on girl after seeing a very girly nub shot at our nuchal scan.

Our first ultrasound at 10 weeks, I surprised myself by blurting out "HI little guy!!!" when I saw our baby for the first time. Huh...

We'll see in three weeks!
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Options
    lct2008lct2008 member
    I "knew" ds was a boy and so did dh.
    This time I have no super strong feeling and I think it's because I really want a girl so I just try to think both boy and girl so I don't get my hopes up honestly. But ds(2.5) keeps saying baby sister/princess/girl. So we'll see if his intuition is right ;)
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I keep calling baby a her...I don't know if it's a secret desire for a girl or if it's actually a feeling that it is a girl. I've also had dreams that it is a girl.

With DS, I thought it was a girl, but I never felt as strongly as I do now.

If baby cooperates, we'll find out on the 14th!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BBBradyBBBrady member
    We were team green with our first. I thought boy and had a recurring boy dream in my 3rd trimester where I walked around with a very large and very bald newborn boy. I had a petite little girl with a full head of hair. So obviously my intuition totally sucks.
    DD Caitlin 8/2012, m/c 8/2013, m/c 12/2013, Rainbow baby due 10/17/2014!!!
  • Options
    I had a strong feeling it was a girl. BUT at my NT scan today they told me it was a boy. So right now we are team blue. But will not be going out and buying stuff until the AS scan.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"