Multiples
Options

when did you see your high-risk dr?

My dr is sending me to see on at 19 weeks for my anatomy scan. Is that normal for triplets?

Re: when did you see your high-risk dr?

• Options
    Not sure about triplets but for my twins I had my last RE appt at 7w 5d, saw the OB at about 10 weeks, MFM at about 11 weeks. The OB schedules me every 4 weeks at the moment and starting next week the MFM wants to see me every 2 weeks for ultrasounds. I'm just short of 16 weeks with mono-di twins. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I all of the sudden got this feeling that the dr isn't even worried at all. I know I am just hormonal and I have to let the news soak on more.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm expecting twins and I saw the MFM for the first time at 12 weeks and have seen him once a month since. Perhaps your OB has lots of experience with multiples and felt confident that they were doing okay? I wanted to see the MFM as soon as we could with twins but I've heard of other women not going until the anatomy scan and then having regular MFM appts throughout the pregnancy after that.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    I saw my MFM first at 12 weeks for my NT, next at 20w for my A/S, then I will see him every 2 weeks from 22-32 and every week from 32-37 for cervix measurements and BPS/NST, etc. I just have twins, though.

My SIL has triplets and saw her MFM every week starting at 19 weeks because her cervix was super short (2) at 19 weeks and had to be measured every week.
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I saw my MFM at 13 weeks and then every month until two more times when it was decided that I could just see my OB. And I had relatively low risk twins

imageimage

• Options
    I didn't see and MFM until 18 weeks, but I wished I had seen him sooner.  A lot of the dietary and exercise recommendations from my MFM directly conflicted with what my regular doctor had advised. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    badbridey said:

I didn't see and MFM until 18 weeks, but I wished I had seen him sooner.  A lot of the dietary and exercise recommendations from my MFM directly conflicted with what my regular doctor had advised. 

This is what worries me
  • Options
    I went to MFM at 12 weeks for NT scan and then at 19 weeks for anatomy scan. Ever since then I have had cervix checks every 2 weeks and growth scans every 4 weeks. So I am basically there every other week. Still seeing OB every 4 weeks but I think that is about to change since I am hitting 28 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
  • Options
    It is my first time seeing the mfm. I will have to talk to my ob at our next visit. The mfm told my ob that is when he wanted to see me but I don't know. Now I'm worried. I will ask more questions.
  • Options
    I saw my perineotalogist every week in my first trimester. In my second I graduated to another mfm who sees me every two weeks.
  • Options
    A mfm will remote in for my US at 19 weeks, but if there are no problems I do not actually have to go see them.
  • Options
    AB87AB87 member
    I saw my MFM around 18w with my twins and I saw him once a month until 34w.
  • Options
    With twins I saw the MFM for the first time last Week for the NT scan and he scheduled me for my next visit in 4 weeks. Also scheduled me with a nutritionist next week. I've only gained 2lbs but they are measuring a week ahead. I'm also scheduled to see my OB every week I don't see him. I think it depends on risk factors. I've had several losses and am older so I'm guessing that's a factor.

Who is doing your NT scan? Maybe you can ask to see the MFM for that. Be your own advocate and tell them what you want. I'd call the MFM office directly as well if you don't get the answer you want

Good luck
  • Options
    The mfm is doing my anatomy scan. So I see my ob on May 27th then go and see the mfm on June 19th for the scan.
  • Options
    My OB wouldn't send me to an MFM, so I found one who would see me without a script. I went at about 12 weeks. She said thank goodness I came early; she would rather catch something early than not see her until a problem has already happened. I see her every two weeks.
    ***Siggy****
    imageimage
    Me: 32 - PCOS, Hypothyroid 
    Hubs: 31 - low everything

TTC since Jan 2013
    May 2013 - HSG, all clear
    Aug 2013 - Hubs varicocele procedure, both sides 

Dec 2013 IVF #1: 24 retrieved, 20 fertilized, 7 made it to D5; OHSS
    1.27.14: FET; 2 D5
    Betas: 2.6.14 - 689; 2.8.14 - 2400; 2.15.14 - 37,7000
    Ultrasound: 2.15.14 - Twins! 

PAIF/SAIF welcome

• Options
    I only see a MFM...I have an ultrasound or an appt every two weeks..lAnd it's a lot. I'm surprised that you haven't seen one sooner. My dr said any more than one baby is considered high risk. gl!
    Me: 34 - low ovarian reserve
    DH: 40 - no issues  

3 failed IUI's 

IVF #1 3/12 - 13 eggs, 9 fertilized,  2 transferred (1 grade 2 blast, 1 early blast), no frosties, 3/30/12 - 9dp5dt spotting, BFNs

IVF #2. 7/12 - 18 days of stims, 3 mature eggs, 3 fertilized (ICSI), 3 transferred (9, 8, 7 cell) on day 3.  First beta - 8/21/12 = 105, beta #2 - 8/23/12 = 268, beta #3 - 8/30/12 = 2,352. 2nd u/s - 9/4/12. Baby Boy born 5/1/2013.

IVF #3 Now (12/13). AMH is very low - 0.19. ER (12/5) 12 eggs, 10 mature, 7 fertilized using ICSI. 3 transferred (8,8,8 cell - all grade 2) on day 3. First beta - 12/21/13 = 126, beta #2 - 12/23/13 = 400, beta #3 - na (office was closed for new year's). First sonogram - TWINS aka OMG! -  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"