Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Post Sex Rituals

I was just wondering if you all had any post sex rituals you follow while TTC.  For example, is there a certain amount of time you wait after sex to use the bathroom, do you prop yourself up on a pillow afterwards?  

Re: Post Sex Rituals

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    englandxo said:
    H pulls out, I roll over and go to the washroom. 

That's our post coitus ritual.
    This
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    I lay in bed for up to 15min and then go pee and shower. I'm scared of UTIs! I've had one too many in my life, so I always shower after... Sometimes it's annoying. Especially if I had just showered before with no plans of having sex.
  • Options
    englandxo said:
    H pulls out, I roll over and go to the washroom. 

That's our post coitus ritual.
    Ditto

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sometimes we have ice cream.

Usually just high five/congratulate each other on being awesome, then clean up and bathroom break before sleep.

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Options
    This:
    main image

No.  Actually I take an antibiotic to prevent recurring UTI's. 
  • Options
    Shower and pee.... 

Now i can't un-learn that someone stored a used tampon.... and i  will be forever be curious as to why this was done.
  • Options
    Sleep.
  • Options
    Shower and pee.... 

Now i can't un-learn that someone stored a used tampon.... and i  will be forever be curious as to why this was done.
    Because when you're on your period and must have sex rightthisminute, who wants to waste time walking to the bathroom??  Just tuck that in the drawer next to your sex toys, duh!  Just be sure that YOU are the one reaching for the sex toy during that sexcapade!
    ::shudder::
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I usually clean up and go pee.  I might roll over for a second first so I don't have a bunch of bodily fluids running down my leg as I walk to the bathroom...

Since you wanted to know.
  • Options
    I usually lay there for about 10 minutes and then go to the bathroom.
    Get a sip of something to drink and go back to bed..
    Lay there and play hay day on my phone
    go to sleep

baby development
  • Options
    Afraid to say it... I do lay around for like 10-15 minutes, on my stomach because I have a backwards-tilted ute and I read that it could help. I don't put my feet in the air or prop my hips or anything. WebMD and some other reputable websites say staying horizontal for a little might be good. I'm of the mindset that if it helps great and if not then ok. After that I pee immediately, because you know, UTIs.

News article about a 2009 study from the British Medical Journal: "A study of 400 couples in the Netherlands found 27 per cent of women who remained lying down following insemination (IUI) conceived compared with 18 per cent of those who did not."

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jaytee16 said:
    Shower and pee.... 

Because when you're on your period and must have sex rightthisminute, who wants to waste time walking to the bathroom??  Just tuck that in the drawer next to your sex toys, duh!  Just be sure that YOU are the one reaching for the sex toy during that sexcapade!
    ::shudder::
  • Options

Our post coital routine goes like this: <br><br>

DH heads to the bathroom and cleans up himself and any sex toys that may have been used.  If it's night, I might just roll over and fall asleep.  If it's morning I wait until he is done and then get up, pee and clean myslef up.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Shower and pee.... 

You shower every time you have sex?  Damn, that's commitment.
    Not every time probably more like 60/40. Definitely not completely committed. 
  • Options
    @Joy2611, Same here.  I am wired after sex but DH passes right out.  I end up reading on my iPad or watching youtube videos while my adrenaline slows down.

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Options
    Joy2611 said:
    --snip--

I'm usually quite awake after sex while he's like "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."
    I've read that this part is biological. Same at our house.

DS born Oct. '11

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:
    --snip--

I'm usually quite awake after sex while he's like "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."
    I've read that this part is biological. Same at our house.

We are the opposite.  I roll over and go to sleep and H is re-energized.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I just lay there for about 5 minutes then get up and pee.
  • Options
    I generally wait a 5-10 minutes but I don't do anything special and  then I clean up and I am off to pee!!
  • Options
    YellowBag said:

I put a tampon up there post-coitus.  I can't stand to have globs of semen in my undies for the next twelve hours.  Newp.
    Seriously?!?  

toilet + kegels = problem solved
    Oh, I've done that!  It never works.

I also shared this because I needed an excuse to use the phrase post-coitus.
    Wait the tampon thing isn't a joke?

DS born Oct. '11

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    pudgybunnypudgybunny member
    edited April 2014

YellowBag said:

I put a tampon up there post-coitus.  I can't stand to have globs of semen in my undies for the next twelve hours.  Newp.

Seriously?!?  

No? How weird am I, right?
    , *********************************

Is that even safe?????
    Edited for Quote fail
  • Options
    YellowBag said:

Seriously?!?  

Do you leave it in there? Or just put it in and take it back out? I thought tampons weren't safe to use unless it was your period. And I'd be afraid it would absorb all the spermies?

Didn't mean to sound so appalled. I loathe tampons (team diva cup) so this is extra strange to me :P Also, I just use a small pad/pantiliner after sex.

DS born Oct. '11

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    YellowBag said:

Seriously?!?  

Have you tried coughing while over the toilet? Or sneeze? lol.

baby development
  • Options

@LindsRockies - I am seeing you in a whole new light today, between this thread and TMI.  You may be a little freaky, but I think I like you.  
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We cuddle and lay there for a little bit, then I get up and pee, and we shower together.

ETA: and yes, we shower EVERY time.
    TTC #1 06/13
    Diagnosed PCOS 09/14
    Femara+Trigger+TI=Baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I get up and pee, clean up, and then lay down again. Sometimes I can sleep but I'm also one of those re-energized by sex, so I usually read on my kindle. Meanwhile my husband just passes out. 
    Married September 2012
    Our Little Strawberry Girl Born 07.12.13
    Proud Stepmom to SS Age 6
    BFP 09.23.14 EDD 06.07.15
  • Options

YellowBag said:

Seriously?!?  

, *********************************

Is that even safe?????
    Edited for Quote fail

I don't have to explain my art to you, Warren.

Wow...I don't know why this is so scary to me, but it just is! I'm team kegel exercises after sex for sure. 

---------------------
    Legit question though, does it effect the sperm?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    TTGP since September 2013. All cycles were annovulatory due to Depo. 
    Surprise BFP: November 5, 2014

• Options
    BF gets up, cleans off and brings me something to clean up with. If it is the middle of the day, he gets re - energized and ready to go. If it is night, he passes out. Me, well I lay there 10 mins or so then get up to go pee and try to get back in bed for cuddles and sleep.
    May Signature Challenge: Favorite Meme

Trying to conceive since March, 2014

• Options

I usually admire my naked bod for 30, maybe 40, minutes...

ETA: And yes, this does help the sperm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"