August 2014 Moms

AW: I have a new niece!

So, my sister was due with her second on  5/2 (Friday), but she began to feel some on and off contractions on Thursday. She was fine Friday, but the contractions came back on Saturday throughout the day. On Sunday morning at 2:45 am, she texted me to tell me that  she felt like baby was going to come within the next few hours and I told her to call me when she was heading to her birth centre (I had agreed to look after her 20 month old daughter because I am the only relative of hers who lives nearby). I got a call at 4:10 from my sister's husband to let me know that sissie's water had  just broken and that they were on their way. I jumped into my car and got to the birth centre a bit before 5. When I got there, I was greeted by my brother-in-law who told me that the baby had just been born. He went on to explain that they had arrived about 10 minutes prior (they beat the on-call midwife to the place) and that a minute after he and the midwife had gotten my sister onto the bed, she had the baby! It was a crazy short delivery time - nothing like her experience with her first! It was a pretty interesting experience for me (and my poor 20-month-old  niece who unfortunately had no choice but to be in the room during the whole ordeal) and it was not as *messy* as I would have imagined. Anyways, yesterday was spent with my husband (whose birthday it was) and I running around after a toddler (until my mother made it into town to take over childcare duty). Fun times. I don't know how you ladies who already have children do  it...

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

Re: AW: I have a new niece!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"