1st Trimester
Options

Pregnancy symptoms so early?

I'm new here. This is my second time around. I'm the momma of a terrifically sweet four year old.

My son and I got sick on the same day. He caught a tummy bug; I caught morning sickness. It wasn't until the day after his tummy bug, when he head butted me in the chest on accident, that I nearly screamed the house down, and thought about taking a test. Well, and the taste of peanut butter made me want to hurl. That was a common theme in my last pregnancy, too.

By my calculations, I'm not even six weeks along. I'm four weeks, which is hella early. The week before I knew I was pregnant, I ate a couple deviled eggs and wanted to hurl. I didn't, so I ate them the next day and wanted to hurl. Then the day I got the call from my child's school that he was sick, I was running to dry heave into the toilet. I'm nauseated from the moment I get up, to the moment I go to sleep. My small, tiny chest is completely unforgiving. Dizziness standing up. Peeing all the time.

What the hell?

With baby boy, I sat in on my six week check up, and told the doctor I had no symptoms. It wasn't until almost week 8 that I started feeling anything. No breast tingles, no sickness. I did pee a lot, though. By week 12 I was done with any amount of "sickness." 

I'm also thinking back on all the non-pregnancy friendly things I've done since my last period, like go into a smoke-filled country bar and dance the night away with my guy (with drinks), and take two Tramadol because I was stupid and went into a country bar and danced on a bad limb. And kill myself in the gym three times a week to the point of almost passing out (okay, that last part was the last week, and I didn't equate dizziness to mean pregnant). I also, after finding out I was pregnant, fished out prenatal pills and took one, only to realize after that I'd taken a postnatal pill.

I'm special like that, I guess.

Next week I'm going to call to schedule a checkup, but they won't see me until six weeks, if I remember correctly. Did anyone else get symptoms so dang early? I guess I was just blessed the first time around.

Re: Pregnancy symptoms so early?

• Options
    My symptoms started at 6 weeks exactly. Is it possible that you are calculating your dates wrong? And don't compare pregnancies. Each one can be wildly different. As for all those things you did before you knew you were pregnant: you'll be fine. Just don't do them anymore (obviously). Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is entirely possible to have a stomach bug that causes vomiting and be pregnant. Vomiting in your first trimester doesn't necessarily have to be morning sickness, and if someone else in your home had a stomach bug, I'd bet you had the same thing. 

I had horrible morning sickness (with lots of vomiting) from weeks 8-14 with this pregnancy, didn't barf for a week or two, and then threw up off and on for 24 hours. I thought it was a return of morning sickness... until my son and husband started throwing up a day or two later.

It's possible to have morning sickness early, but it's also possible that there are other explanations for how you're feeling. Progesterone levels are high at the end of your cycle regardless of whether or not you're pregnant, and some of the symptoms you're describing can be due to those hormone levels.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every pregnancy is different, just like every baby is different. My last pregnancy I didn't have any symptoms until 6 weeks but they lasted until I was 20 weeks. This time they started at 5 weeks. Every pregnancy is different.
  • Options
    Thanks! 

I spent all day trying not to throw up at every strong smell while thinking it would be a great source of relief. Could be pregnancy-related, could be tummy bug related. No way to know!

It is still weird how strong the soreness in my chest, tiredness, lightheadedness, and nausea started, but I can only take it all in stride, anyway, right? Lol!

But, no, my last period was March 22-24. I can't remember the exact day, because I switched phones and lost all the info in my Pink Pad app. I used it to track my period. Losing it was super helpful :-/.
  • Options
    I had symptoms around when I found out - around 4 weeks. Sore nipples, and more tired than I ever remember being as a pubescent adolescent.  I slept harder than I did as a 16 year old too.  Oddly enough, the week before I found out, I Had half a glass of red wine and threw up the entire night from it (it wasn't bad, no one else had any issues who drank it) and I think that had something to do with hormones.
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same experience as you.  My DS was sick on the weekend and then I started throwing up the following Monday, my period wasn't due until that Thursday but I still took a test and got a positive.  I know that Monday was the flu and the rest of the week I started feeling better then the week after BAM it had to be morning sickness because I battled it from 4 and a half weeks right up until almost 9 weeks. 
    dancing animated GIF
    N14 November Siggy Challenge - Celebration
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I started at 5 weeks. First pregnancy. Turned out my HcG levels were through the roof. They thought they were going to find twins, but nope, just one baby trying to kill me. I ended up with HG. Please be careful not to get dehydrated. I did, and ended up in the ER on IV fluids around week 9 or 10. Not fun.
  • Options
    My symptoms started at 4 wks. First pregnancy. I thought I was just being crazy so I ignored it. I took a test a day before I was supposed to get my period and it was positive. I waited a couple days and took another one, also positive. I was super excited, until the nausea hit. Right at the 5.3wk mark. I was nauseous all day long for about a week. Now at around 6.4 wks I have dropped the nausea and started throwing up in the mornings and feeling weird until around 2pm and then I feel better. No one told me it would be this crazy! But I'm still super excited to be pregnant! Just learning how to deal with all of the symptoms and hoping they won't last the entire pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"