Parenting after 35
Options

Figures!

We are finally getting to celebrate my 40th birthday with some close friends tonight. My in laws are coming over to watch the kiddos sleep, or at least that was the plan. I am lucky in that my kids are normally down for the night by 7. Granted the baby doesn't stay down for the night (I await that day oh so much) but my 2 year old is typically in her crib and winding down to sleep. Today, said 2 year old, decides to take an unprecedented  2+ hour nap. She is still napping as I type and it is after 3.  She is never going to sleep by 7 tonight.  I wanted to run her around the yard to get some fresh air into her and tire her out but she is asleep and it looks like it is going to rain again.  It was sunny all the while she has been sleeping.  It's gonna be fun tonight for the grandparents!!!  Gotta love plans and kids. 

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Figures!

• Options
    LOL at least they have experience. :)

We attended a bday party yesterday so M missed a nap. She did great. It was fun.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Better them then you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope you enjoyed your late birthday party!
  • Options
    Luckily it all worked out.  The baby went down without a fight and stayed asleep till after midnight.  And the 2 yr old played in her crib till she fell asleep.  I had a wonderful time catching up with some of my oldest and dearest friends.  I wouldn't trade my life right now for anything but I do miss being able to just go out when I want, where I want and for how long I want.  It was an amazingly fun night.  I can't wait for summer ;) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Geeps2 - I'm SO glad you were able to get away and have a good time!

I completely understand what you mean about not trading your life, but missing some things.  Evie is 5.5 months old and cutting teeth, so she isn't sleeping well. I never know if she's going to go down for an hour or 6 when I put her to bed.  And she's impossible to get back to sleep in her crib after she wakes up, so she's in bed with us every night.  I really miss entertaining friends, having them over for dinner and having wine, but it just isn't in the cards for us right now.  I don't want to do anything that may jeopardize my ability to hear her when she wakes, nor do I want to do anything that would cause an un-safe sleep environment in our bed with her.  I also love being a mom more than I EVER imagined I would.  It's so weird to have all these 'losses' but not really wanting things to be different than they are, if that makes any sense!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Geeps2!  Glad everything worked out and you had a fun night!!

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"