August 2014 Moms
Options

I"m already the worst mom ever...

So, I am already so the worst mom ever... I have been in training for the past 2 weeks in Houston, away from home, and still have a week to go.  They planned it so that we have been so busy working on projects for the past two nights that it is "a test" to make sure we can work under pressure.  So long story short, in 2 days I have had 8 hours of sleep.  I am always so watchful of how much sugar I have, my half a cup of coffee in the morning is a treat because I usually drink decaf tea and I keep track of how much water I drink everyday which lately means ducking out of training every 15 minutes to pee... My job has already trumped my child... How am I going to survive when the LO actually gets here.

Re: I"m already the worst mom ever...

• Options
    What kind of crazy job has you working all day and on 'projects' at night! Wowza! You aren't a bad mom.....but being a working mom means the following-you will feel like you are letting someone down sometimes. It might be your kid and it might be your boss/co-workers. Most of the time there is a nice balance but on occasion (sick kid or out of town work) you will feel like you are letting one of the two down and that is OK.

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yep as a full time working mom I find that sometimes (and it seems to come in spurts) I'm doing everything half assed. Mom stuff and work stuff. We're getting ready for that time of year in school where there are field trips, school picnics and other things that parents are encouraged to come to during the day. I will be going on a field trip in 2 weeks that I have asked off for but it's unrealistic for me to be able to go to everything and my husband works away through the week so he's usually not an option at all. I've had MIL and my mom and sister sub for me at certain things but they all work too so it's hard to work out sometimes. At home I do the best I can too but it can be hard to squeeze in actual quality time between baths and homework and laundry and cleaning up and all the other household duties. I'm nervous how this is all going to go when we bring the new baby into the mix but we will manage. 

Don't beat yourself up mama, you'll figure it out. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with DD, my busy season at work (I'm an accountant) was the worst I had ever had. I was regularly working 12-13 hour days, under intense stress, commuting 2 hours, and not drinking enough water. It even got to the point where I had to get IV fluids sometime in third tri.  It was ridiculous.  Once DD was here, things changed. I still work full time, and occasionally have days where I stay up late to work (and usually regret it) but they are one off things. It doesn't make you a bad mom. You are setting an example for your LO that you're a hard worker.. just make sure you take care of yourself despite the stress and work, because that is all that matters. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    BFP#1 10/11/11 - DD born 6/6/12;   
    BFP#2  7/6/13 - Due 3/8/13, MMC at 12w  D&C on 8/31/13;    
    BFP #3  11/26/13 - Due 8/6/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am a self proclaimed work-aholic.  I have a very demanding, high stress job, but i love it.  With that said sometimes my lunch comes out of a vending machine and i need a little caffeine just to make it through a 12 hour day.  I worry a lot about what will happen when baby comes if I am already having a hard time being a 'good mom' whiile he is still in my belly.
  • Options
    Resist the urge to feel guilty! You think a dude would feel guilty for working hard with a baby on the way? It's not the same, I know, but my point stands. One day, you'll hope your own child "does it all"--fulfilling career, happy marriage, hobbies she loves, friends she cares about, and motherhood. The way I see it, you're setting a good example for her already. Your own mother is probably happy that her daughter is embracing life in a such a well-rounded way, and I'm sure you'll want this for your own daughter too. So cast out that guilt. It shouldn't even enter your mind. Hugs! :) 
  • Options

I also have no idea how I'm going to find time to be a parent since I'm constantly struggling just to get everything for work done in a normal amount of time. I find myself procrastinating (often here or FB) at work when I get stuck or doubt what I should do next so then everything takes me even longer and then it takes me 10 hours to get 8 billable ones in and not totally fall behind.  And I have a lot of trouble focusing and getting anything done when I'm really tired, which happens more often now. 

I seriously could not survive on 4 hours of sleep without passing out by 2 pm., so more power to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"