November 2013 Moms
Options

Flame Free Friday Confessssionssss

Fiiiiiiyyyyaaaaa
BLAD reppin'

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessssionssss

• Options
    flitterin said:

I don't wear pants in my house unless we have company. Nursing tank and undies are my uniform. I forgot about it when I answered the door for UPS today.

I'm with you. I wear DH's boxer briefs. Sup. he gets real mad but idgaf.
    BLAD reppin'

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Princess_LilyPrincess_Lily member
    edited April 2014
    I took both kids shopping for the bedding for our new bed...for 3hrs. I had help with my mom joining us.

By saving gift cards and utilizing coupons I spent $170.00 for a new comforter, and a duvet cover and shams from PB and sheet set. We are upgrading to a king size bed otherwise we wouldn't have needed new sheets.
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mamasoup030mamasoup030 member
    edited April 2014
    Not only am I still using a nipple shield for nursing, I have NO intention of trying to wean from it. If its not broke...

Ps. Breedy bits? I just found my favorite phrase of the week!
  • Options
    LizB8943 said:

DH and I sat down and looked at our finances.  We have separate accounts and he give me X every month to help with bills.   He joined mint.com and all of our finances popped up.  I have a credit card with 5K on it.  I never told him.  He thought we paid if off a few years ago.  I told him we didn't.  In actuallity, we did.  I just ran it back up.

Also there's more stuff coming from my grandparents house tomorrow that he doesn't know about.  I figure once it's here he can't say anything about it

Growing up, my parents never talked about money in front of us. We always had enough and it was just not discussed. I think it gave me a complex b/c now I hate talking about financial stuff--it gives me anxiety. DH handles our savings & investments, etc, and updates me as needed. I'd probably be squirreling money away under a mattress or something so it's good that I have him :) 

What's scary/sad is I have a degree in Finance and DH is better at money than I am (he has a computer degree)

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    fluttergirlmoonchild79
    i am in a similar situation. SO wants to look over finances and I am terrified, working on getting my priorities straightened out though!
  • Options
    braasche1 said:

So my FFFC is soooo gross, and I don't blame anyone for flaming me. 

I haven't changed our sheets in a month. I keep intending to, but by the time I get to it, DH is always already in bed. Oh, and on Monday morning, M was in bed with me and he spit up all over my pillow 2x, that night I just flipped my pillow over, I'm still sleeping on the same pillow. Looking back, I should have just traded DH's pillow for mine, he would never know. 
    Psshhhh you're not alone. In the beginning I washed them constantly, now I've accepted it's a battle I cannot win. I nurse in bed she spits up all the time, I just don't lay in that appt (until it dries)

I just changed the sheets a few days ago, but she managed to spit up in it again same day. I even lay a towel down, but she makes sure to hit the sheets
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm sitting here contemplating where to go get my nails done on my lunch break: the place that charges $22 for shellac or the place that calls $25 for shellac. Yeah, I'm cheap.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    I'm sitting here contemplating where to go get my nails done on my lunch break: the place that charges $22 for shellac or the place that calls $25 for shellac. Yeah, I'm cheap.
    I do my own gel at home...so I'm even cheaper.
  • Options
    JodiAnn25 said:

Yesterday, I dropped off our dry cleaning for the week, and picked up my preserved wedding dress. It was sitting at the cleaners for the last two years. I guess I forgot ::shrug::

Lol!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I put Maddie down in front if Mickey Mouse Clubhouse this morning so I could have a few minutes to pee and drink my coffees.... Teething is killing me.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    This is kind of like Kellykinns, but I also fear swimming in lakes. Not because of amoebas, but because I watch way to many crime shows and am scared there are undiscovered dead bodies down there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I fell asleep this morning while working.  What woke me up was my laptop falling off my lap.  Figures.  The awesome laptop I had slipped but didn't hit the ground and the screen shattered.  This POS I'm using now (can't unplug it, hot all the time, runs slow etc) is perfectly fine!  I hate this laptop but DH won't let me use the slightly better one we have and after trying to fix the screen on the awesome one once, he gave up and plugged it into a monitor.  I don't want to not have a TV while I'm working so I won't use it.  Boo!

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    my FFFC, if you are going for a joy ride in the MFin passing lane, I will ride your ass til you move
  • Options
    @kellykinns that's my anthem!
  • Options
    braasche1 said:

I may have gotten too over the top in yesterday's UO.  My husband asked me how it was going this morning and I reported that we'd moved on to better things, like peanut butter.  But really I'd like to continue the debate, because I am almost always ready to debate stand points based on vague notions people have of what the bible actually says.  (Since they are using that as the basis of their argument).

For being an atheist, I know a lot more than I'd like about the bible. 

Less yesterday related: I'm terrified of swimming in lakes or anything either not the ocean or not treated like a pool because I have a fear of amoebas.  I'm convinced that if I ever swim in a like I'm going to be the next episode of House.

I don't get in water that I can't "see through", I like to know what's around me. For me sand bars with seagrass are the worst. 

----------
    Me too! My dad traumatized me by telling me a story about a water skier who was dragged through a water moccasin nest in the lake. Eff that! I pretty much never got in the lake after that. I was really young-- maybe 6. My goal is to not tell traumatizing horror stories to my kids.

My FFFC: I don't like cuddling. All I can think of is a hot, sweaty body touching me. I would make an exception for LO, but he is the same way.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

my FFFC, if you are going for a joy ride in the MFin passing lane, I will ride your ass til you move

This made me think of one.

If someone is riding my butt, I'll purposely go under the speed limit until they pass me. Then I'll speed way up just to piss them off.

My disclaimer is that I always drive in the slow lane (having a baby has changed me!) and I always drive the speed limit, if not a little faster.

Also, I figure if they're going to rear end me, I'd rather them do it when we're both going 20 MPH instead of 40.

• Options

I am blatantly ignoring a co worker's phone calls. He's not in the office and he's freaking out about something that isn't a big deal (his MO) and I just can't deal with his (usually made up) problems right now. I'm not usually this type of person but he's just insane about things.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    @fluttergirlmoonchild79‌ I wish I could have a secret credit card and spend! I get to keep whatever I save with coupons but it can't be more than $10 per week. Sucks because last week I saved $62 at bj's with coupons. Dh let me keep $20. I do steal his dollar bills from time to time and his change. I've got about $200 save up in the last 3 months. I'm saving up to buy new clothes once I'm done losing weight. Sometimes I miss working and making my own money.

Eta: spelling error
  • Options
    I just ordered dinner for delivery (I don't cool on Friday's). I have enough cash on me to pay for the meal ($17 and some change) but only $2 extra for a tip. This is not enough, but I don't feel like calling back to put it on a card. I'm so embarrassed. People who tip poorly are tacky and now I feel like the delivery boy/girl is going to judge me and run over our flower beds. Do I acknowledge and apologize for the lack of cash up front? Ignore it and hang my head in shame after I shut the door?

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    shanbp said:
    I can't ride a bicycle
    ME EITHER!!!! *high five*

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    fitmama418fitmama418 member
    edited April 2014
    JoeLies said:
    @fitmama418 - Is checking the couch cushions for spare change not an option?
    I have a whole jar of change. Is it not tacky to tip in change?

I need answers quick, people! They'll be here in like 30 minutes!

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    JoeLies said:
    I used to waitress and it never bothered me to get tips in change :)
  • Options
    Ok I just called them back and paid over the phone. Ugh. The struggle. I tell ya.

Given my posts today, I guess my FFFC is I'm weird with money in general.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    JoeLies said:
    JoeLies said:

I need answers quick, people! They'll be here in like 30 minutes!
    Tacky, yes.  Tackier than not tipping enough, I'm not sure...

So maybe tip in change and then apologize for the tackiness? I'm not really sure how that works.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Every year, there is a conference of "Young Explorers" that happens at the conference center near my work, this is basically 8-15 year olds who dress up as mini police people and they go over fake crime scenes and what not.  I'm crabby today, this week has sucked and I have a migraine, but I have a huge grant due next week, so there is no way I could not come into work...So, I took a mini lunch just to pump and take a small walk to get away from my desk.  This group of young explorer people are taking up the whole hall and not paying attention.  I tried to get as far right as I could but this little tiny guy ran into me and went flying, rather then feeling bad I thought "take that mini popo, pay attention next time!"   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"