August 2014 Moms
Options

Let's all bond

Share a story with me...funny or whatevs. Or tell me the most embarrassing moment you've ever had. I wanna know...let's bond and share girl talk like we're at a sleep over.
IAmPregnant Ticker}

Re: Let's all bond

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Yesterday my mom got out of the hospital and we found out she will need chemo for her cancer.

I was very stressed and had to run all over town getting stuff to make home life easy for her. So I was making a U Turn and was on the phone ordering take out food. I had a green arrow also right of way and these cars kept turning that needed to break. So the cars in front of me were turing, when it was my turn this car tried to turn when I had the right of way- (typically i have no road rage) but I just went and then my 28 adult self stuck my tounge out and made a terrible face at this other drive and let out a mother F@&$"! All the while on the phone with the restaurant. I politely then said the the lady on the phone "oh I'm sorry traffic is crazy" I has hit rock bottom!

Hugs to you. My mom just finished chemo last year. I hope it helps your mom and that she has as easy a time with it as possible. My mom wanted lots of magazines, candy, and comfortable clothes for her infusions (I went to all of them with her).

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow guys! Some of your stories are crazy! I love reading them (that's why I'm love titing all of you) some of the stuff we've all been through is amazing!
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options

Hahaha I love these stories! Thanks for the smiles ladies!

I hope I don't have as bad of luck as a mother than my mother did!
    When we were young, my dad worked out of town a lot for weeks on end. So my mom was basically a single mom for the first 2 or 3 years of my life (I'm the youngest).
    Well my sister who is a year older than me has always been very accident prone. Well when I was maybe a year old and she was maybe 2, she had an awful streak of accidents! She fell down the front steps and knocked her front teeth out, she fell and broke her arm, she bit the tip of her tongue off, and then as her teeth had been replaced by the dentist, a large dog jumped on her and knocked the front teeth out again! After the 3rd emergency room visit in a few months, child protective services were called on my mom. Naturally she was covered in bruises and such, so it took several days for my mom to get us back!
    I can't imagine the horror at being the mother of such an accident prone child and have that happen to me! Thankfully my other sister and I being completely unharmed seemed to be a hint that she really may just be an accident prone child :)

• Options
    stoofewok said:
    I had a blood transfusion as a baby in the mid-80s. A few years ago, I was home for the weekend, and my mom randomly broke down in tears about the transfusion and started telling me how worried she was that I might have AIDS. I was like, "Mom, if I had AIDS, I think we'd know by now."
    I was just thinking about this today because of this article : https://www.people.com/article/ryan-lewis-mom-hiv-positive

My mum had to have a blood transfusion after giving birth to my brother in 83'. Back then, they didn't screen blood. I actually sent her the article and said, "This could have been you. You are so lucky and I'm so glad it's not." 

She agreed wholeheartedly. She said it didn't even occur to her to be worried about it until many years later, but she would have known at that point and obviously she (nor my bro or I) have it, thank god! She also said that she felt lucky she lived in a small town because she felt that she would have had a higher chance of receiving positive blood through the transfusion if she lived in the city (not sure how true that is necessarily).

My mom had a transfusion after she had me in 1978. I can't remember if it was the late 80s or the early 90s, but her doctors did bring it up and tested her just to be safe. She was fine, but it was very scary.

TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I was around 10 years old, a horse obsessed girl.  I would 'canter' around & jump anything & everything that I could find.  We were at Cape Canaveral & did the tour.  When we got back to the main center they had those 'cattle chutes' (chains attached to posts that are concreted into the ground) for the lines for people waiting to go on the tour.  I decide to canter up to one & jump over the chain....except I didn't jump high enough!

I was so caught off guard that I landed smack on my chest onto the concrete, didn't have time to attempt to break my fall with my arms.  This ended up knocking the wind completely out of me.  Because of where we were, the emergency vehicles were all called.  My dad managed to get me relaxed enough to catch my breath, but I guess my lips had turned blue before that.  So there I am, laying on the concrete & fire trucks, police cars, and an ambulance all pull up...in front of all of those people. 

I was completely fine, just completely embarrassed!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"