August 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Shower Dress - Where to buy? What are you wearing?

My shower is in less than a month, and I have some busy weekends leading up to it, so I want to start looking for a dress to wear to my shower.  Anyone already have theirs & if so, mind sharing a link?  Or are there any stores/web sites you would suggest looking?  I'd prefer to go in person to try on, but I know stores are often limited!

My TTC Journey:
Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea / mild PCOS (Pretty much a hormone/ovulatory disorder)
Progesterone to induce period w/ the goal of Clomid - never got period (September 2011). Referred to RE.
Femera - never responded to the meds (December 2011)
Clomid with TI - BFN (February 2012)
Injectables (Menopur) - hyperstimulated/canceled (March 2012)
Injectables #2 (Menopur) with TI- BFN (May 2012)
IVF - OHSS (transfer canceled), but 11 frozen! (June 1012)
FET - 1 transferred on 8/09/12. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): 350.3; Beta#2: 365; Beta#3: 157. Biochemical pregnancy.
FET # 2 - 1 transferred on 11/01/12. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): 337; Beta#2: 769. BFP!!! 1st ultrasound 11/28/12 showed heartbeat, but measuring 5 days behind. 2nd ultrasound 12/05/12 - miscarriage.
FET # 3 - 1 transferred on 1/24/13. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): BFN.
FET # 4 - 2 transferred on 3/21/13.  Bet #1 (11dp5dt): 660; Beta#2: 1,300.  Miscarried at home @ 6 weeks.

FET # 5 - 2 transferred on 7/12/13.  Beta #1 (10dp6dt): BFN.
Attempted an IUI in late August 2013, but didn't respond well.
IVF #2 with PGS - Stims started 10/28 with retrieval on 11/11.  Of 14 mature eggs, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to Day 5 & 1 made it to Day 6. We did PGS on the Day 5 embryos, and 3 of 4 were normal. Had ET on 11/17. Beta #1 (8dp6dt): 203. Beta #2 (10dp6dt): 618. We since had two ultrasounds & on 12/19, our RE released us to the OB.  On 1/02/14, we had our first ultrasound with the OB where we heard the heartbeat.  We are so thankful for the blessing & crossing every finger & toe for a healthy & successful pregnancy.

photo JuneBugs_IFbump.jpgimageimage

http://i49.tinypic.com/v430oh.jpgimage

Re: Baby Shower Dress - Where to buy? What are you wearing?

• Options
    I bought a cute dress on Asos for my maternity pictures.  It was only $30 but nice quality.  They have a bunch of nice dresses, but they're all online.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll be wearing something I already have - probably a nice top and a skirt. I'll dress it up with a necklace and stuff, but I've always been a comfort first kind of person and I hate spending money on clothes.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    My shower isn't until the end of June, so I haven't put too much thought into yet, but I would second the Asos suggestion. I ordered three dresses from there that I love. I also have a few cute dresses from Destination Maternity. And two cute dresses from Amazon that are Maternal America. I pretty much wear dresses every day.

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    I just signed up for the BUMPstyle Box.  It's like Stitch Fix, but for us preggo ladies.  They pick a few outfits for you based on your interview with them about your sizes, styles, needs, price range, etc.  They then send it to you and you only pay for what you keep.  

I asked them to find a work presentation outfit for me and a shower dress.  Here is the link if anyone is interested: https://bumpstylebox.com/signup

Also, there are some really cute dresses on Seraphine: https://www.seraphine.com/us/?gclid=CKqv19Cy9L0CFaVxOgodBTYAsw

• Options
    @BlytheMac - How much were the items you chose?

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    I wore something like this from Targay:

https://www.target.com/p/merona-women-s-faux-wrap-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-14264632#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=merona+wrap+dress

it wasn't maternity, but it was available in store and when I tried it on the skirt was so flowy/so much extra fabric it covered the 30 week bump without looking totally off-length (or indecent)
  • Options
    I haven't bought it yet (my shower is 21 June) but this is the dress I'm planning on wearing for my shower.  https://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=905110571&MasterCategory_Id=MC28

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I third the Modcloth.com comment. Got my shower dress there. It's so glam and cozy! 
  • Options
    mdarmetkomdarmetko member
    edited April 2014
    I agree with previous posters: ASOS has really cute dresses.  I bought mine used for 1/2 the price on a local mommy forum from a women who wore it once at her baby shower.

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Options
    mdarmetko said:

I agree with previous posters: ASOS has really cute dresses.  I bought mine used for 1/2 the price on a local mommy forum from a women who wore it once at her baby shower.

I want this dress now!!

My MIL bought mine from pea in the pod for my baby shower, but it was two years ago. I wore it after he was born to, but tied it tighter.

• Options
    Ugh, I tried on a couple dresses from target the other day, and I just looked weird. I have such a short torso, that nothing looks cute. :-(

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    If it still fits, I'll be wearing this one:

I should have bought it in a large! It's fine in the belly region, but is starting to feel tight in the chest area. If it doesn't fit, I think I'll wear this one:

ridiculously comfortable. In fact, I'm wearing it right now :)
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Options
    I wore this dress from Motherhood Maternity to mine in 2010 and I just might wear it again to my sprinkle.

• Options
    I have not bought mine yet...but will probably do Destination Maternity. I am not much of an online shopper, so I like that I can go in and try the dresses on. I have had luck with two other dresses from DM. My shower is July 13th, so I will likely go with a tank-maxi dress.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm not having a shower but I just found a dress at a children's consignment store. It's "Oh Baby" by Motherhood (I think from Kohl's) and I wore it for Easter, and plan to wear it again for a bridal shower I'm co-hosting.

• Options
    BlytheMac said:
    I just signed up for the BUMPstyle Box.  It's like Stitch Fix, but for us preggo ladies.  They pick a few outfits for you based on your interview with them about your sizes, styles, needs, price range, etc.  They then send it to you and you only pay for what you keep.  

I asked them to find a work presentation outfit for me and a shower dress.  Here is the link if anyone is interested: https://bumpstylebox.com/signup

Also, there are some really cute dresses on Seraphine: https://www.seraphine.com/us/?gclid=CKqv19Cy9L0CFaVxOgodBTYAsw

BlytheMac Have you gotten a shipment from BBS yet? I'm interested!

• Options
    BlytheMacBlytheMac member
    edited April 2014
    sarahg9r  I asked them to stick under $150 per outfit.  That includes accessories (necklaces, scarves, etc.) as well.  They are really flexible.  You can say whatever amount you want.  I am hoping to get reuse out of both items.  

I got a note from my stylist today saying she's working on my outfits.  I'll let you guys know how the items are! 
  • Options
    BlytheMac said:

BlytheMac Have you gotten a shipment from BBS yet? I'm interested!
    I have not.  Should get it this week though.  I'll keep you guys posted about the outfits I get!  
  • Options
    I got a couple dresses last time from old navy and macys. I saw a commercial for old navy dresses on sale for $15 so I would check that out.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This thread is so fun!
    @str31 I looove that dress!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    I wear pretty much all dresses in the summer, so I have bought quite a few. My favorite is Maternal America (from Pickles and Ice Cream), but I also like some that I got from Pea in the Pod, ASOS, and Loft.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I shouldn't have opened this thread, because now I'm just more discouraged about finding a dress.  The plus-size maternity market sucks.  There's basically NOTHING.  I've only found ONE place to get clothes that fit me (though that place, Motherhood Maternity, it linked to from some other sites, like Pea in the Pod, etc.).  I went to the store and to an outlet nearby and they have ONE rack in store of clothes.  All of the shirts were either black or coral.  All of them.  Luckily I managed to find one in the clearance section that was multicolored, but I don't love it.  I bought it anyway because that's all there was, and I'm out of clothes for work that fit.

I'd love to find a cute dress for my shower, but I'm not sure it'll happen.  I'm looking online, but buying online is tough for me (and there's not much to choose from there, either...more than one rack, but not much).  

I'm not even that big!  I can't imagine what it's like for people bigger than me, because I am already buying the largest size they have at Motherhood Maternity!  I'm worried if my bump gets to big, this stuff won't fit either...but hopefully it won't.  I still haven't gained any weight this pregnancy (which is good, since I started out overweight).  

I love looking at the cute dresses you guys are finding, though, even if it's making me sad I can't find some as cute!  :-D  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"