Working Moms
Options

open body language & confidence Ted talk...

Has anyone watched it? I found it so interesting and started being more cognizant of my body language in meetings & others' as well...I seriously DID feel differently when I opened up my arms or spread out. She doesn't talk about gender but I feel like men are much more likely to assume these postures in meetings, etc than women and the post about the confidence gap made me think of it (I admittedly didn't read the article in that post though)...  I actually posed a few at home & asked MH how he would read someone in a meeting sitting like that- his response was "they're comfortable?".heehee.

Tell me what you think & if you try it, post about whether you felt there was any truth to it...
https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are   (it is 21 min long)

Re: open body language & confidence Ted talk...

• Options
    I actually just watched this last night.  I found it really interesting that we can potentially affect our minds just by changing the way we sit, stand, etc.  Also, the next time I have an interview, I may definitely be in the bathroom with my arms stretched out, lol!
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    Yes, I love TED talks. I've always found stuff like this interesting. I will definitely try it, can't hurt. Along the same lines, forcing yourself to smile can also improve your mood. And if you are on a phone interview you are suppose to smile because it will supposedly come through in your voice.
    DD Nov 2010 ~ DS June 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw this too and enjoyed it.   I need to sit better in meeting, LOL!   I got teary at the end with the "I don't belong here" part.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'll have to watch this! I have a bad habit of crossing my arms and I know it makes me look defensive/not receptive. I'm curious to learn more.
    Can't wait to hear what you think & if you try it! :) I do the same!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"