September 2012 Moms
Options

UO it is Thursday right?

124»

Re: UO it is Thursday right?

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    The one reason I am so very glad my kids will not be going to high school in TX, Homecoming Mums.

TX girls, spill it. Did you have a mum? Were they a thing at your school? I didn't go to high school in TX so I have only heard the rumors and seen the pictures on FB.

For all you non Texans, these are mums.

And this made me laugh:
    “Sidney Heath, the girlfriend of Hagerman’s oldest son, James, recently received the crown jewel of Hagerman’s mums. A front and back mum sandwiches her body and is attached to a dog harness for strength and comfort.”

***STUCK*** Born, Raised and never leaving. I loved homecoming because of the mums!!! I didn't realize it was a Texas thing. I thought everyone did mums.

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How do you even fit at your desk with these things?!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I want to move to Texas and be involved in all this mum awesome saucy-ness. Plus they have huge storms. 1 way flight to Texas please. Oh...and their football stadiums are bigger than my town.

• Options
    DH's ex wife used to live in Lubbock, TX.  I'll have to ask her if she had a Mum.  I'm so fascinated by this!!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Seriously the mum things are hilarious. I'm sure it pisses teachers off to no end.
  • Options
    Seriously the mum things are hilarious. I'm sure it pisses teachers off to no end.

Yeah, I remember some teachers requesting they be removed before class started.  They try to stick with it for school spirit and all, but they are distracting.  I'm glad you brought this up @hmp1, I had totally suppressed this memory.
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    Alright THT, add drunken mum wearing to our s12 gtg activity list.
    OH MY GOD, YES.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    We weren't allowed to wear our mums to school because it was too distracting. I had kept all of mine throughout high school. My mom may actually still have them (Gawd I hope she didn't keep them). One year I had to pin it through my shirt and into my bra strap to keep it up. It was actually very pretty, and yes it had a teddy bear.

imageimage 

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
     Virginity was a thing of the past by time I went to prom, but DH and I did do it in the back of my mom's Tahoe. Limo tint FTW!

STUCK
    I had a lot of vehicular sex with my HS BF.  At the time, I thought it was awesome.  Now I have a small Toyota and a car seat in the backseat.  Probably wouldn't be quite the same experience...

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I feel badly for lower-income students whose schools go for uber-expensive proms.  That happened last year in our small town--the committee chose an expensive out of town venue and tickets were $150 a couple.  We don't live in a terribly affluent area..but we live near very affluent towns.  It was such a "keeping up with the Joneses" kind of thing, and I'm sure some students couldn't afford to go as a result.  This year they moved it to a nice, but less pricey, location in town.

Sidenote: I always made my own dresses for proms, winter formals, etc.  Moneysaver, lol, and I never had to worry about having the same dress as anyone else!
  • Options

tinyhumantoe said:

I'm just sort of in shock about these mums.  I wonder if we do anything in Indiana that nobody else does.  I can't think of anything. 

Well, is "tractor day" a thing at other high schools?  It's where you drive your tractor to school.  I drove my parents' riding lawn mower.  Haha.  It took FOREVER to get to school.

Uumm...no. Not up the great neck of the woods do we have Tractor Day! We don't have anything weird really. We got Deer Day off every November 15th (first day of hunting season.) Too many kids missed so they made it a holiday!

I've never had sex in a car. I think DH and I need to change that. I'm sure he'd approve!

• Options
    I'm just sort of in shock about these mums.  I wonder if we do anything in Indiana that nobody else does.  I can't think of anything. 

Well, is "tractor day" a thing at other high schools?  It's where you drive your tractor to school.  I drove my parents' riding lawn mower.  Haha.  It took FOREVER to get to school.

That's an Indiana thing.

imageimage 

• Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited April 2014
    Then there were what we called stoner donors.  If you drove to school (parked in the school lot) or played sports, you were "randomly" *cough cough* drug tested.  If you didn't do either, they couldn't test you.

So the streets surrounding school property were lined with cars, and you'd drive up stoner row on the way to school and give them a ride to school, aka donate a ride.  Stoner donors.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I lost my v card in the back of a car. There's my uo contribution.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    StasiStasi member

I wonder if we do anything in Indiana that nobody else does.  I can't think of anything. 

STUCK

I feel like show choirs were a pretty big deal in Indiana, but also Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri. In a 25 minute show we had 4 costume changes, huge stage props, some groups had pyrotechnics, etc…Maybe other states were like that too?

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    I'm gonna have to ask my stepdad if they did mums back in the dinosaur ages.
  • Options
    I have a student who has failed the same class 2x.  Now the Mom called and wants me to give him an independent study for the 3rd attempt because he has to work when the class is offered.

I can't stand this Mom in the first place and have to just refer her to my Dean.  I can't possibly understand why you think your kid deserves special treatment when this is his 3rd attempt at a course.  The last time he took it (Fall) he missed 7 out of the 15 class meetings.  I hate when Mom's call me.  Your kid is 22.  Knock it off.
    OMG, I would have died if my mom called the school when I was in college. WTF is the matter with young adults these days that they can't act like adults and manage their own affairs?

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I have a student who has failed the same class 2x.  Now the Mom called and wants me to give him an independent study for the 3rd attempt because he has to work when the class is offered.

I can't stand this Mom in the first place and have to just refer her to my Dean.  I can't possibly understand why you think your kid deserves special treatment when this is his 3rd attempt at a course.  The last time he took it (Fall) he missed 7 out of the 15 class meetings.  I hate when Mom's call me.  Your kid is 22.  Knock it off.
    OMG, I would have died if my mom called the school when I was in college. WTF is the matter with young adults these days that they can't act like adults and manage their own affairs?
    This is for my trades program, so there's only around 65 of them in there, so I know this kid.  I've talked to his Mom at least 2x each semester since he started.  He has never talked to me, returned my calls, etc.  His Mom does everything.  I constantly wonder if she goes to his job and makes him lunch too.  I feel sorry for whatever girl he ends up marrying.  She will be the MIL from hell.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Kissty said:

We weren't allowed to wear our mums to school because it was too distracting. I had kept all of mine throughout high school. My mom may actually still have them (Gawd I hope she didn't keep them). One year I had to pin it through my shirt and into my bra strap to keep it up. It was actually very pretty, and yes it had a teddy bear.

Picture or it didn't happen. :)

• Options
    miss50 said:
    Picture or it didn't happen. :)
    Oh man, I got nothing here at work. I think my mom may have some. I'll have to ask her to look. Our colors were Royal blue and gold. We were the Indians.

imageimage 

• Options
    We didn't have a tractor day, but I remember lots of snowmobiles in the parking lot on the regular.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I wish I hadn't skipped out on this thread. How did I go 27 years without knowing about mums?! I want to drunk make these with you all!

We had a drive your tractor to school day (grew up in michigan) and they do it here too (central il). It's ridiculous. We did not have a tractor, so alas I did not participate.

• Options
    We don't do proms in Germany. I only know about those from movies (well, no that I live here, I 'know' but I never went to one).
    We did organize a 'formal' after we finished grade 13 and went off to university but it was rather lame, and cheap. I kinda feel like I missed out.

We do have a tractor thing in our city. It's great fun - the 13s do it after they know they passed and do all these things in their schools.

I do read. Lots of stuff. I have to. If I don't read before bed I can't sleep. Big step up from watching tv until I nod off.

As to the diabetes thing, I don't remember who said it originally on page one or two: I agree.
    My FiL is currently in the hospital with renal failure and congestive heart failure. He is diabetic. He eats like crap and while he is doing ok with his meds and all that, he is not budging in terms of a lifestyle change.
    I really hope this is his wake up call. If he doesn't change anything soon - if he pulls through this crisis - then he will not be around for long.

I understand that changing you life around is hard and that it's not pleasant. But, meals are mainly there to sustain you and don't have to be a fest for all senses at all times. Don't like veggies?
    Well, they may safe your life, so suck it up and eat them.

And Juli, honestly, while I don't know how it is having diabetes, I know how it is to watch a loved family member kill himself with cutlery, one meal at a time.
    If you decide to have kids and if you want to be involved in their lives, then sucking it up for them and live within your disarray restrictions is important.

And no, that is not an attack, that's an answer to your post. And if you want to swap 'kids' to 'grand kids', I may talked to my FiL.

For fucks sake....

My UO?
    Don't really have a good one today.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Did anyone who went to prom actually lose their virginity after prom?  I've always wondered that.  So far no one I know IRL did.  I think it's just something that happens in the movies.  Or on bad ABC family shows. :-)

One friend from high school had her first baby 9 months after our senior prom!

I loved all school dances, this girl LOVES to dance!  Sometimes I would get fancy dresses and sometimes I would borrow friends' dresses (my high school boyfriend and I went to different schools so that meant double the school events).

• Options
    I'm two days late. DWI. 

People who recline their seats on air planes are assholes. There's no effing room to begin with and then you recline your seat so you're practically on top of me? ASSHOLE. 
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options
    shiggybop said:

Way late. Here is my senior mum and here is my prom dress

Eta: @BeebopandBuddy‌ I'm pretty sure we went to the same senior high. I can't remember if I knew that.

I did remember that! Quite a few years apart if I remember correctly, but the same school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"