Cloth Diapering
Options

Bummer Wednesday

Re: Bummer Wednesday

• Options

emw9985 said:
    I took a little break from most of the internet for awhile.  I had some depression issues to deal with.  I finally got up the courage to ask my doctor about starting meds again.  I'm happy to say, it's been about 6 weeks and I'm feeling pretty darn good!  I'm so glad I bit the bullet and decided to take something again.

DD has been taking awesome naps lately.  I crave that "me" time every day now.  I can finally get some cleaning done or have a cup of coffee and watch some bad tv guilt-free.

Also, I ordered some Twinkie Tush diapers today.  That always makes me happy!

As someone who has battled depression before I'm glad you got the meds and feel so much better.  I always thought it sucked that I had to resort to meds but then once I was on them and in a better mood I really realized that it was a health thing that I NEEDED meds for and not a cop out.

TJ1979 said:
    @nana_osaki06 Let's send the boys off to boot camp to get their collective shit together, and you and I can move to MK's farm and start the commune!
    Can I come, can I come?!?!  But I'd like to bring the hubs.  He's been really good since I got pregnant and he is being a great dad. Plus he's really handy and he can do the nasty stuff that we don't want to take care of.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hugs, Nana.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vacation, sounds nice. Too bad it will never happen. SO can't handle both kids for even a few hours. He just ships them off to his moms the second I have to do anything.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jcwinsto said:

emw9985 said:
    I took a little break from most of the internet for awhile.  I had some depression issues to deal with.  I finally got up the courage to ask my doctor about starting meds again.  I'm happy to say, it's been about 6 weeks and I'm feeling pretty darn good!  I'm so glad I bit the bullet and decided to take something again.

DD has been taking awesome naps lately.  I crave that "me" time every day now.  I can finally get some cleaning done or have a cup of coffee and watch some bad tv guilt-free.

Also, I ordered some Twinkie Tush diapers today.  That always makes me happy!

As someone who has battled depression before I'm glad you got the meds and feel so much better.  I always thought it sucked that I had to resort to meds but then once I was on them and in a better mood I really realized that it was a health thing that I NEEDED meds for and not a cop out.

Exactly!  I've been on that merry-go-round before.  I don't want to "resort" to meds, but I just continue to feel worse and worse.  Now that I've been on them for a bit, I can look back and see just how bad I really felt.  Happy to feel more like myself again!

Erin-30.  Dealing with severe endo. 
    Married to DH-29.  Possible low sperm count/low motility.
    Harper-born 2/28/13
    TTC #2 for 21 months and counting...after 2 laps/HSGs and 9 rounds of clomid, next step, consult with RE.
  • Options
    @emw9985 What an adorable pic!  Love it!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    @emw9985 What an adorable pic!  Love it!
    Thanks!  It is from DD's cake smash.  Can't believe it's already been a month since!!

Harper-born 2/28/13
    TTC #2 for 21 months and counting...after 2 laps/HSGs and 9 rounds of clomid, next step, consult with RE.
  • Options
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Mandmeesh said:
    it's sunny!! and 56 degrees! Getting our gardens set today
    It's sunny and in the 50s here too!  I think this is the first time this year it's been over 50 for 2 days in a row.  I was afraid winter was going to stick around until next winter haha.  We have an area of our back yard that it fenced off for a garden, but we realized our thumbs aren't very green the first year we lived here.  This year the area is going to turn into a play area for DD.  Do you do vegetables/fruit or flowers?

Harper-born 2/28/13
  • Options
    M is only 4 months old and has already discovered his penis.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    N_KozN_Koz member
    Little man couldn't even keep his hands off his junk in utero and now when I am changing his diaper all he does is play with himself and gets pissed when I put the new diaper on and he can't play with it anymore I can't imagine he will ever leave his room once he hits puberty. 

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Options
    We got our tv mounted on the wall today. Slowly starting baby proof the living room. Plus i was able to put the swing away and then move thigns around to make more space. Next up will be finishing laundry and putting it away...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    My friends are horrified that I call it a penis but I'm not giving it a cutesy nick name. What the hell I'm going to call Harper's girl part is a different story...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    emw9985 said:
    Mandmeesh said:
    it's sunny!! and 56 degrees! Getting our gardens set today
    It's sunny and in the 50s here too!  I think this is the first time this year it's been over 50 for 2 days in a row.  I was afraid winter was going to stick around until next winter haha.  We have an area of our back yard that it fenced off for a garden, but we realized our thumbs aren't very green the first year we lived here.  This year the area is going to turn into a play area for DD.  Do you do vegetables/fruit or flowers?
    One negative to my gardening yesterday: I now have a cold sore :(  Stupid sun.  It's been over a year since I've had one though, so that's good. 

we do veggies and flowers.  I've not tried any fruits yet because….I actually don't know why. lol.  Our strawberries came back from last year, so maybe we'll get some of those.  I did try out a black raspberry bush, but it got trampled last year.  You're supposed to plant a seedling one year, pinch off any buds the first year to yield better fruit the next.  Yeah, poor seedling got murdered. lol 

What other kinds of fruits are there?  We don't really like melons :-/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    That's awesome TJ! I'm so happy for you guys. Is your new LO going to be with the same nanny? I think that nanny sharing is the only way that we'll be able to make a second child (somewhat) affordable. I've been trying to figure out how to make the first one's day care more affordable, but I'm coming up blank. And from everything I've heard, it's an awesome day care.
    That's the plan for now.  I've really been wondering how easy it will be for her to handle a newborn plus 2 toddlers.  I mean, 2 of them are mine, and I don't think I could do it.  So... we shall see.  We are saving quite a bit of money doing the nanny share, and getting better care.  But I'm worried about her trying to take on all 3.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Lookin' good @mandmeesh!  We meant to plant some fruit trees this year, but missed our window.  Guess we will have to wait until next year.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    @mandmeesh, those look great to me!

• Options
    @Mandmeesh - A lot of fruit (besides melons) grows on bushes or trees, so we haven't really grown any either b/c DH hates mowing around stuff like that. I did plant some strawberries in containers this year, so that should be interesting. My mom also brought us 3 blueberry bushes last week. They're pretty low-maintenance, but supposedly you have to have at least 2 bushes for them to pollinate correctly. I plan to have DH plant them near the garden since he has to weed eat next to that fence anyway.

• Options
    This is my UO! I hate when adults refer to the entirety of female anatomy as "the vagina." Actually, the vagina is just on the inside, everything else is called something different. No, I did not just wipe my vagina after I peed.  I don't like vulva either, so I'm on the fence on that one, but I will teach my daughter labia.

• Options
    @Mapleme, if only I lived closer.  I would help you in the kitchen.  I know how not to touch my face, haha!  I have students who lick their pastry tips and fingers clean in class.  It drives me crazy!  But I don't harp on them because my class is supposed to be for funsies and there's only so much criticism a person can tolerate before they stop enjoying themselves.
    I get twitchy when I teach classes in my bakery for just this reason. At home I often have to remind myself that I CAN lick my fingers instead of having to go wash my hands. It's liberating. Like peeing with the door open after company leaves.
    Wait. Stoney teaches dessert making classes?
    Stoney teaches cake decorating :)
  • Options

My friends are horrified that I call it a penis but I'm not giving it a cutesy nick name. What the hell I'm going to call Harper's girl part is a different story...

Please call it a vagina. I can't stand when people make up names. Kids need to know. One of the signs of abuse is when a kid starts calling it something "cutesy". Kids should know what all of their body parts really are.
    I know I know! But vagina sounds so gross in comparison to penis. Maybe I can just call it her bum? Idk what I'm gonna do

• Options
    candlequeencandlequeen member
    edited April 2014
    Also its gross that some of us Are talking about female anatomy and others are talking about cake :-&

• Options
    Please call it a vagina. I can't stand when people make up names. Kids need to know. One of the signs of abuse is when a kid starts calling it something "cutesy". Kids should know what all of their body parts really are.

J made fun of me the other day because A knows the proper terms vulva, vagina, and labia, but I referred to her anus as her 'butthole'. Lmao.
    Lol But how do you differentiate with a 2 year old? I think most adults don't even know those terms lol. I don't know why, but "vulva" always sounds gross to me. Probably bc I wasn't taught it as a kid lol

She knew vulva first, then she discovered her actual vagina during a diaper change, so I told her the name. She then at a different time called her labia her vagina so I again named them for her and told her that her vagina and labia are both part of her vulva. She hasn't had an issue. It's like arm/elbow/shoulder/wrist, which she hasn't ever had an issue with.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    you should be able to easily slip a finger in 

TWSS??!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

DS's favorite word right now is penis. He says it about a dozen times every time I change his diaper. The conversation goes like this:

N: "Penis."
    Me: "Where's you nose?"
    N: Points to nose, "Nose." Grabs self, "Penis."
    Me: "Where's your hair?"
    N: "Hair. Penis."
    Me: "Where's your elbow?"
    N: "Elbow. Penis."
    I even try distracting him with his favorite diaper-change-only toys, but even that didn't stop him. One morning my mom was delighted to point out that my son had run over his penis with a tractor. Oh my. X_X

This made me giggle! I'm due with my first in less than 4 weeks and it's a boy. I'm so excited to have a son! At least he knows the right word for it right?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    @Mapleme, if only I lived closer.  I would help you in the kitchen.  I know how not to touch my face, haha!  I have students who lick their pastry tips and fingers clean in class.  It drives me crazy!  But I don't harp on them because my class is supposed to be for funsies and there's only so much criticism a person can tolerate before they stop enjoying themselves.
    I get twitchy when I teach classes in my bakery for just this reason. At home I often have to remind myself that I CAN lick my fingers instead of having to go wash my hands. It's liberating. Like peeing with the door open after company leaves.
    Wait. Stoney teaches dessert making classes?
    Stoney teaches cake decorating :)
    This is something I totally need to learn. I only have a few frostings in my repertoire and they're somewhat finicky, so decorating the cake (beyond nuts, flowers, etc) is just something that I've never gotten around to.
    I would be willing to give you a lesson if you give me an invite to the poutine fest!  And maybe throw in some hot sauce and cheese ;)
  • Options
    @Mapleme, you might do just fine having a nighttime affair.  A lot of babies actually sleep pretty well at 2-3 months old.  Mine sure did.  Don't ask me about months 4-15, though ;)

What kind of beer are you getting?  I like beer equally on Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons ;)
  • Options
    @Mapleme, what kind of frosting recipes do you use?  You can PM them to me if you want.  I always tell my students they can bring in any kind of frosting they want and we can play with it, but a lot of recipes just don't work very well for decorating, so that might be part of the problem.
  • Options
    You're my kind of lady, Maple.  Except for the IPA thing.  I used to not like them, but then DH started almost exclusively drinking IPAs and I now I really like them.
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    You're my kind of lady, Maple.  Except for the IPA thing.  I used to not like them, but then DH started almost exclusively drinking IPAs and I now I really like them.
    Yeah, neither DH or I like IPAs and we know we're in the minority. Friends bring IPAs to our parties and leave them here. Then they just take up space until we remember to offload them at someone else's party. The one exception in Heady Topper. That beer is in a league of its own. I hate cooking with any other IPA because it makes the bitterness more pronounced, but HT cooks really cleanly. It has a grapefruity tang rather than a dry, off, tang. I know the owner of The Alchemist (he orders custom hot sauce from me), so there is the very slight possibility that I could get a keg of that for the party (I have mad alcohol procuring skills btw). But it would be expensive and there are plenty of other fun beers out there. And it's even hard for restaurants to get kegs of Heady, so I'm not sure it's worth me working the angle.
    OMG!!!! That is pretty much the best way for me to convince my DH to drive up to VT!  Every time one of his friends goes to VT, he makes them pick up HT for him.  We can't get it around here. Dooooo it! Heady Topper is exactly the kind of IPA I like.  I prefer the ones with fruity hops, not the bitter kind.
  • Options
    @Mapleme‌ and @stoneycakes‌ Should I expect the imitation via email or snail mail? Or just PM me the date/time/address? I <3 you both so much right now.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    @Mapleme - I had to look up what a poutine party was b/c I honest to goodness had it confused with another very similar word that ironically is slang for girlie bits. Also, FFFC I am so so glad that we're not having a girl, b/c I don't know the real word for most girl parts!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"